001 – Born to Kill
1.8k 14 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 15, 1998 [11:25PM]

Scarlet blood flowed down the cold floor of the alley, reflecting the magnificent starlight across the stained concrete floor.

Raising a brick towards the moon above, Jackie prepared to land yet another powerful blow.

“This shall do it,” Jackie said. Making sure that the dying girl below knew of her imminent demise.

“Although, I am not so sure you can hear me. Can magical girls suffer brain damage?” Jackie asked.

But there was no response.

The victim just kept twitching. Perhaps a sign that she was alive, or half dead.

Despite this barbarism, Jackie had a cute smile on her face. With beautiful red eyes matching her blood-stained hands.

Landing a crushing blow, Jackie began striking the magical girl. Bricking her to death.

However, the magical girl refused to die.

“You sure are hard to kill,” Jackie said.

Enraged, Jackie began striking the magical girl over and over again.

After twenty blows, the magical girl moved no more.

The victorious Jackie saw a notification on her field of view.

[Nutcracker skill obtained]

[+10% attack on hard surfaces]

“Excellent,” she said.

***

September 16, 1998 [6:45PM]

At the Occult club, a group of high school was going on about their club activities.

“Did you guys heard? A body was found this morning not so far away from here,” Alex said.

As expected of the president of the club. He already knew a corpse had been found, despite it not being announced in the news.

“We should perform an exorcism!” Casper said. “We finally get to use my new ouija board.”

“Good idea, I approve,” Amy said.

The three then quickly shifted their attention to Jackie, who was casually reading a mystery novel at the back of the room.

“Come on Jackie, you are also part of this club. This is our chance to investigate a murder,” Alex said. “Aren’t you exited?”

Jackie cared little about the activities of the club, but partaking in after-school club gave her a good alibi for whenever she wanted to roam the streets at night.

Had she known that the occult club was going to pester her like this, she would have signed up for the poetry club instead. But it was already too late to change.

“Did you know that one of the rules of mystery is the culprit must be shown early in the story?” Jackie asked. Killing the chill atmosphere of the room.

“Well, if that was the case, that would make me the detective,” Alex said, as he began making martial art moves. But before he could continue embarrassing himself, Amy boinked him in the head.

As everyone laughed. Jackie stared at the ice pick in her bag.

“Let’s do this tomorrow,” Jackie said. “I promised my mother that tonight I-”

***

Home [9:42PM]

Jackie went inside, only to be met by a pitch-dark loneliness.

The luxury of having a mother who spent every night with boyfriends.

Violent red flowed down the white sink as Jackie cleaned the evidence away.

Despite the mundanity of the act, knowing that her ice pick was ready for the following night brought her a great peace of mind.

She continued her ritual by taking a cold shower and retreating to her room.

However, as she slowly changed into her pajamas, Jackie heard a soft knock coming from her room’s door.

She ignored it. Her useless older brother was going to peek no matter what she said.

Knowing that she could later use this as blackmail, she did not mind whenever he caught her nude.

However, today was not his lucky day. By the time he made his entrance, it was already too late.

“What do you want?” Jackie asked, making sure to sound irritated.

“Why do you come home so late?” Stephan asked. “Maybe you don’t check the news, but someone from our school was murdered last night. Do you not know how dangerous our city is at night?”

That came as a surprise for Jackie, for she had made sure to wack the body beyond recognition.

“Don’t worry onii-chan, I am sure that if you protect me, I will be fine,” Jackie said.

Despite his tall, good boy appearance. Jackie knew that her brother was a perverted control freak with a sister complex.

After spending the night on her brother’s bed, she remembered how much she hated men.

49