005 – A Glimpse Into The Past
823 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
For those who read this story before the Hiatus. Chapter 3 to Chapter 5 all take place during the same day. But they are not in a chronological order. I planned this from the beginning, but since there was a 45 day Hiatus, it indeed feels weird to go from CH3 to CH4

September 18, 1998 [6:25pm]

“Look, this is proof that our school is special,” Alex said. In his hands, he held line after line of chat room logs. “According to this, magical girls are gathering in our city, to strike at some evil entity that resides at our school.”

For once, Jackie paid attention to what Alex was rambling about.

“You truly trust anything you read in the Interweb?” Jackie asked. She made sure to make her tone extremely dismissive. But the truth is, she was interested in knowing what this was all about.

“Well, you see, my source is highly reliable. He even gave me a picture of a magical girl. To prove that they exist. Look.”

Alex pulled another paper, which contained an extremely pixelated picture of what seemed like a humanoid shape.

“And that is?” Jackie asked.

“Look closely, see? That is pink hair and a white uniform, plus a staff. This has to be a magical girl.”

“Or perhaps your source is just a pedo who stalks middle school girls. The picture is too blurry to tell,” Jackie responded.

Casper and Amy kept their mouths shut. But they stared intensely at Alex and Jackie.

This was one of the few rare occasions in which Jackie spoke.

“XmagicHunter532 would never lie to me. We members of the occult board have a code of honor. This very same honor is what inspires me to be the best occult club president this school has ever had,” Alex responded.

“If he was indeed telling the truth. Then how would he know magical girls are planning to strike? Unless, he was a magical girl himself. Which is already an oxymoron since he is a guy. Likely a fat one too.”

The room soon grew quiet. Only for Alex to break the silence with a sigh, which then turned into a shout.

“AAAAAAA, How come you are two steps away from me!” Alex said. “XmagicHunter532 has been a magical girl all along!? How come we never thought about this!? We need to investigate this at once!”

Rushing towards a cabinet in the room, Alex pulled a set of old and cliche detective clothes. The brown coat did not look clumsy on him.

“This is a job for the occult club!” Alex shouted, like a shonen protagonist.

This was not unexpected for Alex to do. Ever since bodies began appearing around the city, Alex had been declaring himself as The Detective.

“Well, good luck with that,” Jackie said. Walking out of the room. While in the hallway, he could hear Casper and Amy telling the club president what a genius he was.

“Disgusting,” Jackie said to herself.

As she made her way out of school. She sensed two strong killing intents somewhere outside.

She overheard their conversation about mana transferring and how a sister of the two was involved.

But by the time she could take a good luck from the windows of the second floor, a blonde guy was already on the floor, getting beaten to a pulp by a dark-haired fellow.

The dark-haired fellow almost made eye contact with Jackie, but she was able to hide just in time.

When she looked down again, the fight had been interrupted by a magical girl. The blonde fellow was nowhere to be found.

If he was alone. It was the perfect opportunity to learn about what this mana transfer was about.

Did they also had systems? Jackie had too many questions she wanted to ask.

Finding the blonde guy was not a problem. In his current state, she could track him by smelling the blood coming out of his wounds.

They weren’t deep wounds. But her sense of blood was sharp like a shark.

She waited a few minutes for the fight between the magical girl and the dark-haired fellow to be over. Then soon after, she was interrupted by the occult club.

“Hey Jackie, would you like to join us? We are on our way to a burger place,” Casper said.

Both Alex and Amy, who were next to him, looked at Jackie with puppy eyes.

“Sorry, I promised my brother that today I will not be home late,” Jackie responded.

It was not technically a lie.

20