c009
189 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

When school restarted after the holidays, our little group had suddenly turned into a total of 15 girls. The beginning of the new semester also means one other thing. Everyone has a checkup. They do this because the shots they give us accelerate our development. Even the boys take supplements that do the same for them. We all take them when we begin 5th grade and continue until we hit our peak growth at 16. They check our height, weight, general health, look for any abnormalities, and perform blood tests. In my case, I’ve grown a little more than two inches since school began, and I’m now an A-cup. When I told Mom after getting home that day, she took me shopping for my first real bras. Even knowing what the shots and supplements do to us, I’m still amazed at how quickly I’m developing.

Olivia got asked out a week after school started back up by a boy named Alex. He’s in 6th grade like Lucas and Sam. Admittedly, he’s nice-looking and softly spoken. Both Sam and Lucas say he’s a good guy. I’m willing to take their word on it for now. We shall see how it goes this Saturday because she said yes.

Winter break seems to have buried much of the animosity that was shown to the original group of girls. Now, hardly a person even bats an eye when a boy disappears and a new girl replaces him, although there are still a few boys that attempt to bully us. For the most part, I think most don’t even think about the fact that I used to be a boy named James, least of all me. He’s a distant memory.

The first week in February, my dad called a very special family meeting.

“Olivia, we had a meeting last week to discuss something while you were at your councilors. Everyone agreed, so we want to make it official, no more foster care. We want to adopt you. What do you say?”

Olivia’s jaw hits the floor. Then she gasps out, “What? You want to adopt me?”

Immediately after she asks that, she breaks down in tears. I scoot my chair closer to her, pull her to me, and tell her, “Yes, we all agree. Regardless, you’re my sister no matter what anyone else says, but what do you say we let’s make it legal?”

She continues to cry, but she nods her head against my shoulder. That’s enough of an answer for me, and I join her in crying happily.

The next day, we went to court, where Olivia, our whole family, her counselor, and a social worker were all there. The counselor was very much in favor of the adoption, and the social worker approved. Next, we were all asked if we approved of the adoption which, of course, we did. Finally, we went in front of a judge. She asked Olivia if this is really what she wanted. She adamantly told her yes. She approved the adoption and ordered a certificate of adoption to be drawn up.

After everything was said and done, we went out for lunch to celebrate. All of our friends hugged her and told her how happy they were for her when we told them the news.

When Olivia and I got home from school, we went up to our room to change out of our uniforms and don something more comfortable, and then we did our homework. Once we finished, we helped mom with dinner, during which, Lucas came home from practice, told us hi, went to his room to do his homework, and then whatever else he does in his room. Not that I want to know the what else part.

In the days leading up to spring break, many more boys have their birthdays. As usual, Sierra, Kara, or I sit in on their talk, and most of the time, accompany them to the hospital for their tests. Although five of them opted to volunteer for the change without the test. So, by the time spring break arrives, almost a third of our grade are girls.

When we got home that day, Dad surprised all of us by announcing that he was able to take a week off, and we would be leaving on Monday to stay at the lake resort. He also said that he had talked with our friends’ parents and many of them are taking the opportunity to do the same thing. That means that the Pauly’s, Sam’s family, and many others have rented cabins there as well. It’s a really nice surprise, and I’m sure we’ll have a blast.

I say that because Dad gave us a brochure on the place. They have many activities including: poolside movie nights, pool parties, kayaking, paddleboarding, sailboats, motorboats, fishing, horseback riding, shooting and archery classes, and so much more. One thing that did catch my eye is the under 18 dance club. There’s also an amusement park there. Looking at this, there’s no lack of things to do, and it looks to be a lot of fun.

As you can guess, that means shopping for us girls. We each have a bikini, but Mom stated that “It wouldn’t do to only have one.” Dad and Lucas rolled their eyes at her. Men just don’t understand, do they? They want us to look great, but the moment we do something to make sure we do look good, they roll their eyes dismissively.

So, Saturday morning after breakfast, Mom takes Sophia, Sara, Olivia, and me to go shopping for them. It takes a while since we model them for each other as we try to find the most flattering ones for each of us, but we each get two more bikinis. For me, I got one in lavender and another in navy blue. I actually filled out my bikini top. Even so, I’m still jealous of how big Sara is. Of course, she is two years older than me, but still…

While we’re packing on Sunday, Mom comes in and has us add several of what I call our going-out dresses and heels because apparently, the supper club there is rather classy, and she said, “I’m sure you girls will want to dress up when you go to the dance club.”

Monday morning rolls around, and Mom wakes us at 6:00. Olivia and I shower, don some shorts and halter tops, and then go downstairs to help Mom make breakfast. After we eat, we clean up, and everyone loads up for the long drive to the resort.

When we arrive, Dad stops by the office to pick up the cabin key, then we head to our cabin. Along the way, I see several of our friends’ families’ vehicles in the parking lot. We hurriedly unpack, then change into our bikinis. Lucas is already waiting for us when we come downstairs.

We find Mom in the dining room, and I tell her, “We’re going to get our friends and go swimming.”

“Alright, but be back around 1:00. We’re cooking out, remember?” I nod. “Okay, have fun, and be careful. Don’t get separated either.”

“Of course, Mom. We’ll see you later.”

Sam’s cabin is next door to ours, so we head there first. We knock, and Sam answers the door already in his swimming trunks.

He smiles as he looks me over from top to bottom. Pulling me against him, he murmurs, “Hi,” then leans in to kiss me. I’ve said it before, but damn that boy knows how to kiss! Slipping my arms around his neck, I melt against him.

He breaks our kiss a short time later, then looks back over his shoulder and yells, “Get a move on, Sara! They’re here already!”

A minute later, Sara appears behind him. We make the rounds collecting everyone and then make our way to the lake. We play in the water, volleyball or the like until 1:00. Then we gather our things and head back for lunch.

Lunch is simple. Hamburgers and hot dogs, but it’s enjoyable since all our friends and their families are there. After eating, all of us head over to the volleyball courts, check out a ball, and split up into teams. I had a blast, even if the team I was on did lose. I did catch Sam watching my boobs jiggle around in my bikini top. If it had been just about anyone else, I’d have probably been disgusted, but even if it’s slightly embarrassing to be stared at like that, it gave me a warm glow to know that he likes the way I’m developing.

Sam and Lucas disappear, then show back up after about 10 minutes.

“Where did you go?”

“We went to the office to get a map of the hiking trails,” Lucas replies. “We thought we could all go hiking.”

“You did ask Mom and Dad, right?”

He nods and replies, ”Yep.”

“Good, because it sounds like a lot of fun.”

Gathering everyone, we head back to our cabins so us girls can change out of our swimsuits. The boys might be alright with hiking around in their swim trunks and t-shirts, but there’s no way we girls are going to traipse around in our bikinis.

Olivia and I change into halter tops, jean shorts, ankle socks, and our sports shoes. Then, we quickly brush out our hair and throw it up in another ponytail.

Heading back down, we head out on our hike with all of our friends. Sam takes my hand when we make it to the head of the trail. The trail Lucas led us down was just over 5 miles long and we had a great time on it and we return to the resort shortly after 5:00.

In the evening, we’ll be joining everyone at the supper club for dinner and dancing.

Mom sends us to clean up and tells us to call her when we have our hair dry. Once it is, we call for her, she comes up, and she styles our hair in French twists. Then comes applying our makeup. It’s not simply our usual mascara, eyeliner, and lipgloss. This time, we apply eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick as well. Mom says neither of us needs foundation, so we don’t even have any. Both of us are fair-skinned, so our eyeshadow is a metallic smokey grey, which makes our eyes pop. A pale pinkish blush, and cherry-red lipstick with gloss.

That done, we each drop our makeup into our clutches, just in case we need to touch it up.

Then comes dressing, Mom has already laid out our dresses along with everything, including jewelry, to go with it.

For me, it’s a forest green, A-line, fitted upper with flared skirt mini dress. I love that it has a princess neckline, a cross-over bodice, and tiny off-the-shoulder sleeves, which leaves my upper back exposed, in a stretch crepe. She pairs that with ultra-sheer white stockings and patent leather, emerald green, ankle strap, 3” stiletto heels. She also set out my emerald studs, a set of six cross-linked thin gold bangles, which I place on my left wrist, my gold ‘sisters’ pendant, and a dark green clutch.

For Olivia, Mom chose a lace, navy blue, A-line, empire-waist, strapless, mini dress. She pairs it with glossy nude stockings and silver, strappy sandals with 3” stiletto heels. Her ruby studs, a set of thin gold bangles, her gold ‘sisters’ pendant, and a white clutch. She looks absolutely gorgeous, and it definitely shows off her burgeoning assets.

I smile at myself in the mirror as I turn this way and that. Say what you will, but I look fabulous in this, and I imagine that Sam will think so, too.

Picking up our clutches, we carefully walk down the stairs to take a seat to wait for everyone to finish. While we’re waiting, the doorbell chimes, and I go answer it. Answering the door, I find Sam and his family.

He looks me over wide-eyed and I smile radiantly when he tells me, “Oh my God, Beth! You’re beautiful!”

He’s wearing a dark grey suit, arctic-blue shirt, and a navy-colored tie. “Thank you,” I reply. I reach over to straighten his slightly crooked tie a bit as I say, “You look very handsome this evening.” Once I finish, I step back, and gesture for them to enter. “Come in. Everyone should be ready soon.”

Closing the door behind them, I take Sam’s proffered arm, and he escorts me back to the living room where we sit on the love seat. I cross my legs and snuggle against him when he wraps his arm around my shoulder. Of course, Sara and his parents grin at us. We chat amongst ourselves for a few minutes until Mom, Dad and Lucas walk down. Sam stands up and offers me his hand to help me up.

The etiquette classes we have to take sure come in handy, and I dearly love how much of a gentleman Sam is. I smile in thanks as I take his proffered arm again, and we all walk to the supper club.

Dad gives his name to the hostess, and she checks her reservation list. Once she confirms it, she leads us to a very large table. Sam pulls out my seat and seats me while Lucas does the same for Olivia. We tell them, “Thank you,” and they take their seats on each side of us.

The other families begin filtering in and taking seats. Then, our waitress comes over, introduces herself, and takes our drink orders.

Olivia and I share a menu because we already know that the portion of whatever we order is going to be enough for the both of us. We decide we’d like to share the steak and lobster tail, and I look up from the menu and ask, “Mom, is it alright if Olivia and I share the steak and lobster tail platter?”

“Of course, sweetheart. You two can order whatever you want.”

Our dinner was simply heavenly, and the company and talk during dinner made it just that much better. Once we finish, Olivia and I excuse ourselves and go to the bathroom to reapply our lipstick and gloss. Then, Dad pays our bill, and I take Sam’s arm again as we walk over to the clubs. The under 18 club is closest, so we tell them that we’ll see them later.

Mom looks at Lucas and Sam. “Make sure the boys don’t get handsy with my girls, understood?”

“Of course,” Lucas says.

“Good, and be home by 1:00. Have fun.”

We tell her ‘we will, and you too’ since they are going dancing as well.

We enter and find that the club is quite crowded. The boys look around to find us a table. They spot one and lead us over to it, seat us, ask us what we want to drink, then head over to the bar to get them.

While they’re gone, two boys, who look to be in middle school, approach the table and ask us, “Would you care to dance?”

I glance at Olivia who smiles and nods slightly, so I reply, “Sure.” Needless to say, but I wouldn’t have agreed had it been a slow song.

They offer their hands to help us stand up and then lead us to the dance floor. Along the way, the boy that asked me introduces himself, “I’m Chris.”

“Beth.”

Ever since Mom enrolled us in dance classes, I’ve really enjoyed it. Although, to be honest, I hadn’t really ever danced before that. Olivia and I listen to a lot of music in our room and dance, quite a bit. I find that Chris is a decent dancer as well, and I have a lot of fun with him for a few songs.

A slow song comes on, and he tries to pull me close. I step away and tell him, “Sorry, those are reserved for my boyfriend.”

He looks a bit regretful, but he pastes a smile on his face and says, “Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you were here with someone.”

Sam appears by my side and slips his arms around my waist. Smiling, I look at him. ”Hi. Chris, this is Sam, my boyfriend.”

He nods at Sam. “Hope you didn’t mind me asking Beth to dance.”

Sam shakes his head and replies, “Nope, as long as she had fun, that’s all that matters to me.”

Chris then says, “Well, it was nice to meet you. Have a good night.”

“You as well,” I reply. Looking at Sam, I say, “Dance with me?”

He smiles, then states, “As if you need to ask,” then slips his arms around my waist as I do mine around his neck and melt against him. Standing on my tiptoes, I kiss him, and then murmur, “I’m glad you didn’t get mad. I didn’t think you would mind, but you never know since some men are hyper jealous.”

He kisses my forehead. “Babe, why would I get mad or jealous of you dancing with someone? It isn’t as if you were all over him, and I saw how you reacted when this song came on.”

“Damn right. All my slow dances are reserved for you.”

I lay my head against his shoulder and close my eyes. He holds me a little tighter as we sway in time to the music. We stay this way for the several slow songs they play, and finally, they play a faster one. He steps back from me, and we continue dancing until I’m getting hot and need something cool to drink.

He leads me back to the table and holds my chair for me as I sit down. I smile my thanks at him, then pick up my glass and take a sip. When he sits down next to me, I gesture for him to come close and give him a long, deep kiss. After I finally break the kiss, I smile at him and whisper, “I’m so glad you’re mine.”

 ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇

The next morning, I wake up with an upset stomach, headache, backache, and stomach cramps. All I can think is, ‘What a great time for me to get sick!’ I look at the clock to see it’s only 4:00 in the morning. Groaning slightly, I get up quietly so I don’t wake Olivia, I slip on my robe, then make my way to my parent’s room and knock.

Dad answers the door and asks, “Sweetheart, what are you doing up? Is something wrong?”

I grimace because I was hoping Mom would come to the door. “Dad, could you wake Mom? I need her.”

He looks at me for a moment, then says, “Hang on a second.”

A few moments later, Mom comes to the door. “Mom, I don’t feel well.”

“What’s wrong, Baby?”

“I’m sick to my stomach, and have a headache, backache, and I’m cramping.”

She smiles, which seems to be an odd reaction to me being sick.

“Hang on. I’ll be right back.” She comes back a few moments later and tells me, “Come with me, Baby.” She has me sit down at the table as she grabs a glass and puts some water in it. She sets it in front of me and hands me a couple of pills. “Take those, they’ll help.”

I take them with a sip of the water as she sits beside me. “Baby, I’ve been meaning to have a talk with you about this, but, well, things have been a little hectic, and I could never find a good time to do it.” I look at her questioningly. She reaches over and strokes my hair. “Sweetheart, you aren’t sick. This is your menarche.”

My face begins to burn as I blush. The doctor told me that I would begin having my first period within 9 months of my change. He explained to me that the shots and supplements they give us after our change push us into early puberty in addition to helping us adjust.

We talk while we give the meds time to take effect. Once they have, she takes me to the bathroom and explains to me how to use both a pad and a tampon. I place a pad in my panties and pull them back up.

I give Mom a hug and tell her, “Thank you.”

“Anytime, Sweetheart. Go back to bed.”

I nod. “Thanks again, and good night, Mom.”

“Good night, Beth.” She kisses my forehead. “My baby is turning into a woman right before my eyes.” She shakes her head and smiles.

As always: A huge thank you to all my Patreons!

8