Seep Within I
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been two months since the death of Professor Utonium, and it’s tough for the girls to move on. Each individual is grieving their own ways; Bubbles’ party all night, while Buttercup created a gang, and Blossom will try to live the best life as a civilian. The Powerpuff Girls are no more, leaving Townsville to defend themselves. Actually, Blossom created a defense that protects Townsville from any harm.

The protection she offered was not the heart as a superhero but as a scientist. That’s all Blossom can do. The thought of using her power hurts. Townsville needs a symbol of justice and peace, which she believes isn’t suitable to carry that responsibility anymore. Without her sisters, she couldn’t continue being that symbol.

The home of the Powerpuff Girls is left the same since the funeral. Buttercup and Bubbles are rarely home, only for Blossom to maintain the house’s beauty.

On one specific night, Blossom couldn’t sleep. She lay on her back before kicking the blanket off, then headed into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. The noise outside got her attention, which she can describe being footsteps. It’s coming from the backyard. Blossom enters the dining area and walks toward the sliding door that leads to the backyard. She was about to open it when all of a sudden, the Rowdyruff Boys came to greet her, scaring her spine out.

“Can you let us in? We’re hungry,” Butch said, knocking on the glass door.

Blossom sighs while shaking her head annoyingly before letting them inside. The two younger Rowdyruff Boys rush inside then go straight to the kitchen cabin while Brick nonchalantly walks in to greet Blossom. The glare she’s giving made Brick uncomfortable.

“Seriously? My home isn’t a charity.”

Brick nervously laughs while saying, “Sorry, Red. When I mention that I’m checking on you, they quickly join me. It was meant to be a quick check.”

“Oh… How sweet of you,” Blossom sarcastically said while sighing. “I told you a million times, I’m fine. Go back to Aku and deliver this message that I don’t want no one or anyone to bother me.”

“But Red, I can’t do that. The life of your wellbeing is—”

“—the salvation source of goodness toward the universe, while also the poison to all beings.” Blossom finished his sentence.

“Uh…” Brick paused a bit, rethinking what Blossoms was saying. It took awhile for him to recollect what she was saying. “Close,” he nodded. “Not exactly what I intended to say, but close.”

“It’s the same from whatever Aku told me. I know. You don’t have to remind me.”

Through Blossom’s annoyance, she tries to leave, then stops when she gets the attention of the two younger Rowdyruff Boys eating habits. Butch snatched a cereal box from Boomer and chugged the whole thing in his mouth.

“Are you serious?” Blossom muttered in shock. “You guys are eating like you haven’t eaten in days.”

“You see,” Boomer muffled while there’s food in his mouth before swallowing it. “We don’t have real food. It’s more military base food in a can.” He then gushes a whole milk jug. “Ahhh… That hits the spot.”

“Aku doesn’t eat?”

“Aku? Hah! No way!” Butch laughed. “Judging from his size, you’ll think he’ll devour the whole universe, which he doesn’t. He’s missing all the great foods out there.”

“Ugh, my head hurts seeing you, Rowdyruff Boys. I’m heading to bed,” Blossom groaned, walking up the stairs.

Butch and Boomer pursued scavenging through the kitchen, while Brick is more focused on his counterpart. He could clearly see that Blossom hadn’t slept much in a day or two, especially those dark circles beneath her eyes. Blossom wasn’t what she used to be, and he hates it when she’s like this.

◆ ◆ ◆

A small portal opens in the sky, then a bright light spits into an unfortunate house, turning into a million pieces where a crater was formed. Came to check on the scene was the Angel of Death, Grim, who observed closely after a long night at the grocery store. Then something moves, which alarms him. Grim dropped his groceries and summoned his scythe within himself in defense.

Nothing happened, no sign of an attack or anything. Slowly the foggy dirt died down, seeing more clearly, a massive ball of thick red liquid was moving as if it’s alive. It fumbled a bit, then started to take a form, successfully becoming an unconscious boy that’s either seven or ten.

“Careful, Grim. I sense something evil, yet, goodness. It’s not from our dimension,” Judith, his scythe, warned through his conscience.

Grim didn’t take action but watched, seeing its true nature before judging. When this ‘boy’ finished putting itself together, Grim went down and tapped on it at the end of his scythe. No reaction, only the sound of the boy breathing. There isn’t a threat coming from it, and leaving it wouldn’t be wise. The boy needs to go with him. Grim quickly grabs the groceries, drags the boy like a sack onto his shoulder, and then uses his scythe to open a portal.

◆ ◆ ◆

After coming from the former Powerpuff Girls resident, Brick and his brothers went their separate ways on the street. Brick needs to return and report to Aku about Blossom’s condition. He walks inside Aku’s throne room, where Brick is standing at a cliffside, waiting for Aku to emerge. Aku took his more giant form and arch over the leader of the Rowdyruff Boys.

Aku smiled and said, “Ah, Brick. It’s great to see you. How’s Blossom?”

“She’s fine but lacks sleeping,” Brick answered. “We may not know if her disheartening self will make her lose control. But I’ll keep a close eye on her.” Aku actually likes to hear the news but is concerned about Blossom’s health. Brick then added, “Blossom also told me to give you this message that she wants no visitors.”

“Poor child must have been feeling ill since the death of her father,” Aku nodded, understanding Blossom’s wellbeing. “I’ll give her a week but do check on her, not directly.”

“I will, Aku.” Brick bows then leave while Aku watches him disappear within sight.

Aku returns to his fire pit then a deep sigh overcomes him. His form, his original form, won’t last long while both of his arms shake nonstop, forcing him to take his female self. Looking down at his own figure and seeing that he had gained more weight than usual. Aku doesn’t understand why women gain weight so heavily and why he felt weak after taking his original form.

◆ ◆ ◆

Boomer is being pulled by Butch to a random bar, which is loud, and he knows that it’s not those typical bars his brother would drag him into. An unpleasant foment caught his attention that Boomer covered his nose. Ladies, men, they all begin to look disgusting. Not physically, but the scent.

Within second, Butch disappears. Boomer doesn’t care wherever he goes because he wants out, searching for the door but couldn’t locate it. The bar is dark and loud with lots of people.

Boomer quickly and randomly moved through the crowd then got a hold of a door handle. Instantly, he opened it and entered. The odor seems to be lessened, and Boomer then can finally breathe normally. His eyes, too, got more clearer, and the room he’s in felt off-putting. There’s little light, and it's hard to see anything within a foot, making him jumpy at the littlest noise because he heard shuffling coming from the dark. Barely to make out who, but could see a figure sitting.

“This room is already reserved.”

Boomer flinches at the voice, coming from a feminine figure. It then stands up and approaches him very seductively as Boomer leans back on the door. Two hands slam both his sides, not letting him have anywhere to escape.

“I’ll forgive you if… You could give me something of yours.”

Boomer didn’t know what to say but blurted, “Bubbles?” The figure froze without answering anything. An inch closer, Boomer could make out that it’s the blue Powerpuff Girls. “It is you, Bubbles.”

Bubbles clicked her tongue out of anger then grabbed his collar shirt, but Boomer got a hold of her hand. There’s tension between them while blue electricity rushes both their bodies, each voltage fighting against each other. Bubbles wants to be free while Boomer wouldn’t.


I got inspired by a comic when Professor Utonium died, and the girls seemed distressed. This fanfic is based on my True Fanfics series, which I’m unsure if I will put in there. I want to write another fanfic instead of Pucca. I’m desperate.

0