CHAPTER 9- Preparations.
126 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 9- Preparations.

"I really missed cooking! Being able to touch things again feels amazing!"

Noel is cooking, while I am writing some notes in my notebook about my plan.

First, Noel will keep an eye on Iris Yui, his ex-wife, and will let me know when she leaves her house.

Second... Well, the rest is secret from the others, they don't need to know what I'll do.

"Saik, what exactly are you planning? You have only told us that Noel will keep an eye on her."

"Yuki, you just need to know that part of the plan ... I'll take care of the rest."

"Oh, you have an aura of mystery ... It's not fair, I want to know!"

Yuki started to move me with her hands ... I already started to get dizzy.

I deactivated her body and her hands went through my body.

"Uwaaaah!"

She fell to the ground. That fall was funny.

"No means no."

"Hmmmh!"

... She is pouting, while crossing her arms... She really is adorable.

I pulled a lollipop out of my pocket and offered it to her.

"I already activated your body again. Take it."

“Thanks!”

How quickly she forgets her anger.

"The dinner is ready!"

We meet at the table for dinner ... I never imagined that I would eat this way with ... No... Forget your past, Saik ... Forget your past.

"Then… Should I only let you know when my wife leaves her house?"

—... "Ex wife. Legally, she is no longer your wife."

"Since I died, she hasn't dated anyone, so I still consider her my wife."

—... "Believe me, you should forget about it."

"Eh? What are you trying to say by that?"

I have two reasons, but there is no need to tell him the first one.

"In order for you to go to paradise, you must leave your life behind... There are serious consequences for ghosts who stay long in this world."

"Uwaaaah! What will happen to me, Saik ?! How much time do I have left before I die?! Will I die again ?!"

"Yuki, a ghost cannot die, but a ghost's soul can be destroyed, which is worse than dying."

"Will my soul be destroyed ?!"

—... "After 10 years, the ghosts begin to change ... They get more violent ... And they get to the point of going crazy and attacking people."

"A-attack? How?"- Said Noel.

"They become real monsters ... The unsolved murders. People who disappear without a trace ... Most of these cases are caused by living humans, but these are also caused by ghosts."

"B-But... Ghosts cannot touch or speak to living humans."- Yuki said.

"They take control of the people ... I guess you know the cliché of ghosts getting into people's bodies and controlling them. It is something similar. When that happens, the humans they control become aggressive, stronger and more dangerous ... They turn into something like demons."

"B-But... Something this weird wouldn't be ignored ... Why was none of this known?"- Said Noel.

"There are secret organizations that exterminate ghosts. In all, literally in all countries, there is an organization ... In every city... In every town ... There are always people from that organization who exterminate ghosts ... I guess that's the reason why there aren't so many ghosts here. In this city there is a person from a very active organization... You two were lucky to be found by me ... Those of that organization are in charge of exterminating the ghosts, and if it is too late, kill the infected humans ... And if there are witnesses, regardless of gender, age or social status, they are killed without evidence."

—... "How do they do it? How do they kill ghosts?"

—... "There are more people like me, with my ability to see ghosts ... Most of them get their abilities artificially."

—... "Saik, are you part of that organization?"

"No. I’m not… And I never will be."

"And how do you know so much about it?"

"Once, a ghost came into my house because he was hiding from one of those people. He was part of that organization, but was killed by an infected person. He became a ghost and knew what awaited him, so he escaped because he wanted to see his family again. Those of the organization did not want to let him go and that is why he escaped. He told me all this in exchange for my helping him hide."

"I see."

"Noel, you must leave your old life behind ... If you don't, you will regret it ... And it is not a threat, it is a reality."

"Yes... After hearing that, I realized that I will become a danger if I am still here ... I must leave my life behind."

"W-wait... Saik, Yuki is always with you! Will they kill me if they find out ?!"

"The ghosts that I control cannot be seen by others, regardless of whether they can see ghosts. You and Noel have my protection ... But, Noel, my protection drains my energy. I can control one ghost with no problem, but two, in the long run, will be a problem. You can't stay with me for long. I will only help you, you will help me study and then I will take away my protection."

—... "Can I stay with you for two or three months?"

"Yes. Maximum one year."

“Thank you very much."

"Saik, what about me?"

I patted her head.

"You can stay with me forever. Ghosts with my protection, do not become aggressive monsters. You will be safe by my side."

"Yuki is happy!"

... It's true that I was never part of that organization ... But that doesn't mean I haven't been involved with them.

After what happened with the "100 Legendary Ghosts", I left my past behind.

12