CHAPTER 36 – Second Special Exam. Part 1.
61 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 36 - Second Special Exam. Part 1.

My third week of classes began, and I must say it's the weirdest start to a week I've ever had.

Me, an unpopular guy with girls and hated by my own class, received a box of chocolates.

There's definitely no mistake. The box is in my locker and has my name on it. No mistake. I received a box of chocolates, and they're expensive, not cheap at all. They're the kind of chocolates you'd only buy for a special occasion.

"W-w-what?"

I should be saying that, Sylphie. Who has such bad taste as to fall in love with me? A friend wouldn't gift something so expensive to a friend. These are the famous love chocolates. Who wants to love me? I'll congratulate them, they guessed I love free chocolates.

Jokes aside, it's impossible that it's the famous love chocolate. I'm not popular with girls and I haven't talked to any other girls besides Sylphie, Tanya, and Cristal.

Ram isn't the type of girl who would do this stupidity... Well, nevermind.

"Free chocolates."

I opened the box and tried one. Ah, the quality is simply perfect. What you'd expect from an expensive box of chocolates.

"Want one, Sylphie? They're delicious."

"T-this... Saik, don't you wonder who gave it to you?"

"To be honest, I don't care. Did you give it to me? Thank you very much."

"N-no, it wasn't me."

"It was me."

The president approached us and Sylphie hid behind me, seeking protection. Sylphie, she's just the student council president, she's not a monster.

Believe me, real monsters are more terrifying.

"Why are you giving them to me? Is it a bribe so I won't expel the vice-president? I'm sorry, I have to decline, but I'll keep the chocolates. What's given, is no longer taken."

These chocolates are delicious. They're mine now, I won't return them. I'll save some for Yuki.

"Your birthday was last Thursday, right? It's just a little belated birthday gift."

I see. A birthday gift. I must thank her for the gesture, although it wasn't necessary.

"Well, thank you very much, miss president. Now, if you'll excuse me."

I walked past her.

"Even the most unpredictable can commit predictable actions."

I stopped and looked into her eyes for a few seconds.

"Remember that, Saik."

"I will."

I better not pay more attention to her. I continued my way.

Even the most unpredictable can commit predictable actions, huh? She's quite right.

Ignorance and power are a bad combination. Arrogance and money are a bad combination. There are good and bad combinations. Those combinations define us as people.

But leadership requires strong will and knowledge. The president will definitely be a great challenge in the future. She's more interesting than I imagined. I must not let my guard down with her.

"Well, at least I have free chocolates. Want one, Sylphie?"

"Y-yes. Thank you very much."

If the president keeps giving me free sweets, maybe I'll end up accepting her offer to be the next student council president. After all, I confirmed I prefer eating than sleeping.

Well, not really. I won't work for the school for free.

"Hey, Saik! Come here!"

Cristal is calling me. I wonder if she wants to play.

I was about to enter the classroom, but I'd better go with her. Maybe she wants to tell me something about the game.

Yesterday we couldn't beat a boss because we were underleveled. I hope she found a way to defeat it.

I walked away from Sylphie and approached Cristal.

... Alright, Sylphie didn't follow me. She already went into the classroom.

"Good morning, Saik!"

"Good morning. Did something happen?"

"Nope. I just wanted to greet you. Come, I want to introduce you to a friend. She also plays. We can all meet up to play."

"The three of us? That would increase the enemy's level, but I think it would be more fun."

"I agree. Come, I'll introduce you to her."

As long as we just play and they don't talk to me in real life, I don't mind meeting more people.

I entered her classroom with her and immediately felt eyes on me. After all, I've become somewhat famous among the students. Second and third-year students know me thanks to the student council president, and first-year students know me for being the student who got the highest score on the entrance exam and for being the first to expel another student.

Who will she introduce me to? I hope it's not someone weird or annoying.

"Saik, meet Hanako. Isn't she cute?"

Hanako, huh? That name has always sounded cute to me... Wait... This girl... Why does she remind me of number 31?

"H-h-hi!"

Mmm... She's nervous. Why?

"Hello. You have a nice hairstyle. I don't feel so weird anymore covering my eyes."

"T-thank you."

Her hair is so long it covers her eyes. The same hairstyle as mine. Big breasts, huh? She must be popular with guys.

What I find most interesting about her isn't her hair, it's the ghost that's touching my crotch and abdomen.

She started licking my face. Strange.

The ghost of a blonde woman, in a school uniform, but this woman died at 40 years old.

Her breasts are too big and are prominently displayed by her open neckline.

The ghost of a prostitute? Or maybe she's just a pervert.

"Kyaa! So cute and strong!"

Is she licking my crotch? This is getting uncomfortable. Well, I'll just ignore her.

"C-can I have your number? T-to play together later."

"Sure."

This girl isn't shy, I don't detect that in her. Why is she behaving like this with me? I don't know.

I gave her my number. I don't think it will bother me too much.

Oh, I have to go to class now... Mmm... There's still 15 minutes left... I have an idea.

"I have to go now. I want to tease the student council vice president a bit before class. Goodbye."

"Let's play later, Saik!"

"Sure, that's fine."

I said goodbye to them and left the classroom.

(Pov- Hanako.)

I-I-I-I-I-I did it! I took my first step! 91, go to hell, I did it! Saik isn't the conceited guy you said he was! He's not Shadow, but he's totally my type!

"Fufu. See? Saik seems like a cold guy, but he's actually pretty friendly."

"Thanks for introducing me to Saik, Cristal! He's even cooler in person!"

"So... why do you like Saik? Personally, I don't believe in love at first sight, and it's the first time you've talked to him."

"It's a secret."

Of course, I fell in love with him because of his appearance! Yes, I know I'm wrong for falling for him just because of that, but I don't care! Our bodies are very compatible!

"Fufufu. That guy isn't Shadow, his heart rate didn't change even though I was licking his crotch. That guy isn't Shadow, but that doesn't make him any less cute! I want to masturbate. Let me borrow your body, Hanako 2!"

We'll do it later, Hanako 1. We're at school, we have to wait.

Cristal went back to her desk, and I took out my phone.

And to think I thought it was boring when my brother sent me to spy on Saik, but when I saw this for the first time, my heart rate increased and I had an orgasm. If that's not love, then I don't know what is... Or so Hanako 1 told me. I've never felt like this in my life.

It's love, or it's the side effects of having a perverted friend who takes over my body to masturbate... Yes, I prefer to consider it love at first sight.

"So cute..."

I hope he accepts my friend request. He said he only accepts people he knows in real life. Should I tell him to accept me?

"So cool..."

The photos he posted on his account are just perfect. I masturbated for two hours looking at his perfect photos.

Saik... It will take me time, but you will be mine... Only mine.

"Fufufu. If we want Saik to be our sex toy, we have to get rid of certain nuisances."

Sylphie, huh? That bitch is my only rival. I have to kill her without anyone noticing.

"And not just Sylphie, don't forget our main goal."

"B-but Shadow is impossible to find."

"Just trust me, I'll make Shadow appear. Shadow is a guy who doesn't care about the well-being of others, he only thinks about his own safety and life, and that's his weak point."

Hanako 1 stroked my cheeks and smiled at me. That smile gave me goosebumps. So ominous.

"Saik will be ours, and Shadow will die. A happy ending for both of us. You'll stop being your sister's shadow. This world will have a future queen, and that queen's name is Hanako."

"Y-yes... Yes."

I'll stop being my sister's shadow... Finally, they'll see me.

"They'll beg for your forgiveness on their knees."

The roles will change.

"You'll have everyone under your beautiful feet."

They'll obey me.

"You'll be the most important and famous person in this disgusting world. And when that day comes..."

"No one will consider me useless anymore."

"Fufufu. That's the spirit."

(Pov- Saik.)

"What is he doing here?"

"It's him."

"What is he planning?"

The third-year students are watching me too much. Well, I'm a first-year student, it's rare to see a first-year student in this area of the school. And, well, being an enemy of the third-year students also makes me stand out more.

Here it is, class 3-A.

I entered without permission... Oh, he's not here. Well, I wouldn't dare to come back to school after all the humiliation he suffered.

Hmm... His seat is empty. I sat on his table and took out my phone. If I'm right, someone will try to get me out of the classroom at any moment, and I want that.

Ah, Sylphie uploaded a drawing... No, it's like a manga. Did she decide to create her own manga?

Mmm... Oh... Wow, the protagonist saves a girl from loneliness. A romantic comedy between a boy without friends and a girl without friends. Wow, wow. Both want to make friends, and I think love will arise between them. The drawing is good. It's not professional, but it's good.

I'll share it.

I shared the first chapter on my account.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

I turned to my right. A guy with glasses is talking to me. He looks intellectual.

"I suppose I'm sitting on a table while using my phone. I thought you were smart from your appearance. I guess I was wrong."

"You know what I mean. Go to your classroom."

"Mmm... Actually, I came to make fun of the vice-president. I'll wait for him. I want to make fun of him a little."

"Hmmh. You're more annoying than I imagined."

I'm only like this with my enemies. Ask 89, I always teased him when I saw him. I think I'm somewhat childish with that.

I opened the box of chocolates and ate one.

"Are you waiting for Akito, Saik? He won't come today, he's hospitalized."

"Hello again, president. It's a shame, I wanted to make fun of him."

I walked away from her.

"You're not like that, so I guess you're planning something. I hope it's something interesting."

"Wow, wow..."

I stopped and turned to look at her.

"I think I've been discovered."

I approached her and lifted my hair so she could see my eyes.

"I just want a normal and peaceful school life. I'm not here to give you entertainment. If you decide to keep bothering me just for fun, I'll have fun destroying everything you've fought for, when I get you expelled from school."

She caressed my chin and brought her face closer to mine.

We both measure almost the same, I'm just a little taller than her.

"So far you've shown me that you're someone worth it. I have a feeling that one of us will be expelled before the school year ends. Give me a worthy battle, Saik."

"I'll give it to you."

I messed up my hair and walked away from her.

I extended my fist.

"And I hope you give me one too."

"Fufu. That's what I plan to do."

We bumped fists. A fist bump that officially begins my fight against the student council president.

It won't be a fight with fists like the fights I'm used to, this fight will be a battle of strategy and knowledge. The one who manages to make the other fall will win.

She's going to sabotage the special exams in which I'll participate, and I'll do the same to her. The winner will be the one who manages to avoid their own expulsion.

"Good luck, Saik."

"Likewise, president. Goodbye."

I left the classroom. Only one year. There are three possibilities, three outcomes, and in two of them I achieve the peaceful school life I want. Expelling the president, being expelled, or achieving a tie and having the president graduate without expelling me. Once she graduates, my worries will disappear, and my school life will continue without problems.

I just have to wait.

I entered my classroom two minutes before class began. I left my backpack on the floor and sat in my seat.

"I heard some interesting rumors. Is it true that you started dating the student council president? No one dares to ask her out because she cruelly rejects them by pointing out their flaws. She has the reputation of ruining anyone's self-esteem. And to think that someone like her would ask you out. Wow, wow."

She has the talent of knowing people's qualities and flaws just by talking to them for a short time. It doesn't surprise me that she's so cruel.

She's like a dictator and has to punish those who think they're worthy of going out with her. She has a status to maintain. She wouldn't date just anyone. She wouldn't fall in love with someone because of their physical appearance or social status; she's looking for something more.

She continued to look at me the same way even when I showed her my eyes. According to Iris, Sylphie, and Yuki, my eyes are beautiful, but I didn't feel anything strange from the president when she looked at me. She doesn't care about appearance; she's looking for something more.

She's looking for someone who's better than her, someone who surpasses her, someone who can overcome challenges and not give up.

Wow, wow. We both have the same taste. Fortunately, I've already found the perfect girl. With good guidance, Naima will become an incredible person; she just needs the right direction.

"Ah, hi, Ram. If you're referring to the chocolates she gave me, it was just a birthday present. She and I are enemies, we're not dating. By the way, do you want one?"

"No, thank you. Is today your birthday?"

"It was last Thursday."

"Ah... Happy birthday?"

"Thanks... I guess."

I touched Naima's shoulder.

"Tsk."

She clicked her tongue. I like that about her personality.

She turned to me with displeasure.

"What do you want?"

"Do you want a chocolate? Take one while you can, they're expensive."

"Chocolate, huh? I'll take one."

She took one, and I ate another.

Well, she didn't thank me. I like that. Do I like being treated badly? I don't know.

Class began, and the teacher stood in front of the blackboard.

"There will be new rules."

The teacher explained the new rules. In the past, weak students who couldn't earn points or had no friends to give them points were expelled. Positive points were very difficult to earn, but now that students realized they could earn many points by betting with others, they decided to create new points: class points.

There's now a new rule. No one can give positive points to anyone. Fortunately, I was able to give Sylphie points before that rule applied. I have a theory that in the past, they didn't ban giving points because they wanted students to bet among themselves and have the fittest survive. I'm very much in favor of prohibiting giving points. I don't know if in the past, someone sold their body to earn points or something similar. The desperate ones at the bottom would do anything not to be expelled. Better not to think about that.

Currently, we all have 100 class points. Groups A, B, C, D, and E all have 100 class points. Depending on the results of the special exam and the exams applied in the last week of the month, we'll know if we go up or down. Our behavior in class, attendance, and homework submitted will also be considered.

Before, the classes with the most capable students for survival were in class A, but now it will depend a lot on teamwork in the class and not so much on individual work. For example, the student council president. I am 100% sure that the students in that group are in class A because of her.

“On Friday the special exam will end, but another one will begin at the beginning of October. You must sign an authorization sheet, we will go on a school trip.”

“A trip so soon?!”

“Great!”

“Where will we go?!”

Everyone was excited by that news, except the cold ones in the class, Ram and me.

I looked at her. She’s just as expressionless as I am. If she had a more sociable personality like Naima, maybe I’d be interested in her.

“I suppose you already did your research, Ram.”

“And knowing you, you did too.”

“I bet they’ll force us to survive on a deserted island.”

“I bet it’ll be in a forest. There are more elements to survive.”

“We’ll see.”

I did my research. Our superiors had a similar test. Personally, I prefer to visit an island. I know how to fish and cook anything.

Ram raised her hand.

“Where are we going?”

“There will be four different locations. The two Raikon islands, which are school property. The Raikon camp. And lastly, the Capital. The Capital is the easiest destination, you just have to find a job to survive for three weeks. At the camp, you’ll have to do tasks to earn food, the right to use the bathroom, and sleep under a roof. Those who want to go to the island will have to survive on their own, hunting their own food and doing their business on the ground.”

Everyone was disgusted to hear that. It’s disgusting, but it sounds interesting.

“Teacher, did you say three weeks? Why so long?”

“Don’t worry, you can withdraw whenever you want, you’ll have a protective bracelet, we’ll be monitoring the students’ heart rate, and there will be an emergency button, you just have to press it and we’ll come for you. Of course, if you withdraw before the special exam ends, it will directly affect your class points. You’ll participate in pairs, not trios, only pairs.”

I raised my hand.

“Saik.”

“Will we choose our own companions?”

“No, it will be random.”

“And can we use positive points to buy things?”

“Yes, that’s what I was getting at. The positive points you have can be used to buy food, water, or whatever you need to survive. Quiet, please.”

The teacher connected her computer to the board and the list of students appeared.

“Remember, everything is random. Those who survive on the island will receive 100 class points. Those who survive at camp will receive 50. And those who survive in the Capital will also receive 50. The percentage of points you receive will depend on the number of students who do not withdraw. Let’s begin.”

The teacher did something with her computer. She opened an application and pressed a button. The application closed and the locations of our destination appeared next to each student. I see, I see. I got the island. Thank you.

“The camp? Ah, I wanted the island,” said Ram.

She turned to look at me. No need to turn around, I feel her eyes on me.

“Saik, don’t you dare fail.”

“Do you think I’m the type of person who gives up?”

“Fufu. Good luck,” she said, smiling.

Get away, you’re not the Ram I know. I prefer the expressionless one.

"The island?! Nooo! I don't want to, I don't want to!"

Naima complained. Well, I don't blame her, she's a woman, being on an island without a bathroom or a bed is disgusting and uncomfortable for her.

"Don't you dare give up so soon, Naima. We'll receive 100 points if you don't give up," Ram said.

Naima just looked at her angrily and looked away.

"Tsk. Dammit."

She knows perfectly well that messing with Ram, knowing she's one of the best in school, is a bad idea.

"T-the camp?"

Ah, Sylphie will be at the camp.

Mmm... Bell and Evelyn, one of the worst in the class, will also go to the island. They'll probably end up losing.

"The rules are very simple. For those on the island, cooperation between different teams is not allowed, everyone will have an assigned area, they cannot leave that area. At the camp, they will have their instructions. And those from the Capital cannot receive money from places other than the work they obtain."

I must clear up a certain doubt.

"Teacher, is it possible to be expelled?"

"Yes. If we discover that someone is cheating or doing something illegal, they will be expelled."

Mmm... I must think very carefully about the moves the president could make.

"Now look at your companions."

The teacher pressed a key on the keyboard and names appeared next to our names on the list... Ah. Is it destiny? This time I didn't cheat.

"Naima, huh?"

"With Saik?"

Naima turned to look at me.

"Don't try anything weird, weirdo."

"Don't worry, I won't."

I didn't expect this. I think it's destiny or just luck.

And Sylphie will be with Ram, huh? I hope they get along, considering that Ram belittles her quite a bit.

Ah, I got an email.

"In the email you received, there is a download link for an application. In that application, you can buy the materials you think you will need. Obviously, you will use your own positive points. You have until this time to agree with your partners on what to do."

I downloaded the application and opened it. Mmm... Bathing suit, huh? We won't be allowed to bring any suitcases. I see. A change of clothes will be necessary.

"Hey, Naima, how many positive points do you have?"

"Only 89."

"I see."

The bathing suit costs 30 points.

"What color do you want your bathing suit?"

"Huh? Wait... Are you going to buy it for me?"

"You're a lady, I know perfectly well how uncomfortable it must be for you to be in such a disgusting place without a bathroom and with someone as weird as me. Don't worry, I'll buy what's necessary."

"Thank you... Black, please."

Alright. 30 points less for the bathing suit. 60 points less, I'll buy two for her.

That's the maximum I can buy. 120 points less, I bought two for myself. One to sleep in and one to bathe in.

A fishing rod costs 1,000 points... Wow, wow. It's too much, but the rod looks expensive.

"Teacher, the things we buy, do we have to return them?"

"No, it's not necessary. You can keep them."

"I see."

No wonder it's expensive. I'll buy it. Hooks, fishing materials, like worms, etc... 2,500 points. It's expensive, but it's to survive for three weeks.

So far I've spent 2,620 points.

Mmm... Men's and women's underwear. Also regular clothes.

"Hey, Naima, take this and buy the clothes you want. You can only buy two outfits. Which do you want?"

Naima looked at me for a few seconds and stood up. What's she doing?

She moved her desk over and joined it with mine.

"Teamwork will be necessary. I don't trust you, but I know you're not an idiot."

"Oh... Thanks. Which ones do you want?"

"Mmm... The white and the red set, please."

Ah, such kind words.

Two sets consisting of blouses and skirts.

I bought that. 200 points less. I'll buy the black and white set.

200 points less.

"3,020 points less. Mmm..."

"So much?"

"I have more, don't worry."

Mmm... Underwear is cheaper.

"Here, buy your underwear. I won't look, I know it's uncomfortable for women to have men see that."

"Ah, yes, thank you."

She took my phone and after a few seconds handed it back to me.

Now I'll buy my underwear.

200 points less. 3,220 spent.

"Socks."

4 pairs, 100 points. 3,320 points.

"We'll need canned food, jugs of water..."

"And a toilet. Please buy the toilet."

The toilet is one of the most expensive things. 5,000 points. I think it's designed to reward those who managed to get so many points in a short time like me. Or are they one of those objects that are so hard to get that they make people feel inferior for not being able to buy them? Maybe that's it.

"All right."

I bought the portable toilet. 8,320 points.

"Ah, it hurt to spend that. Well, you're a woman, you need privacy for that... 5,000 points, huh? You owe me dessert, Naima."

"I'll reward you. Thank you."

Each can of food costs 50 points. I can only buy 4 cans. Each purified water jug costs 100 points and I can only buy one.

I bought all of that. 300 points. 8,620 points.

Mmm... Is there nothing to light a fire with? Oh, there's a tent. 3,000 points.

I can only buy one. I don't plan on sleeping outside every day. We must be fair. If we're going to be a couple, we must work as a team and do things right. No one will do less than the other. 50/50.

"Naima, listen carefully, we have two options, choose. Share the tent or use it one day for me and the other day for you."

She sighed and closed her eyes.

"Ah... It's a difficult decision..."

She sighed again and opened her eyes.

"Fua... Ah... I don't like sleeping in the cold, but I don't want to sleep with you either... Ah... Ah... I'll trust you, but if you touch me, I'll press the emergency button without hesitation."

What kind of man does she think I am?

"Naima, I'm a man, but I'm not a pervert."

"That's what you say."

"Ah... Believe me, if I wanted a girlfriend, I'd have one, but I'm not interested in romance or sex. I just want to finish my studies and get a job so I don't starve. Don't worry, I won't touch you."

"... All right, but I won't let my guard down."

I bought the camping tent. 3,000 points. 11,620 points.

"That's all we need. Everything else is unnecessary expenses."

Who needs beach toys? And they don't sell knives. Well, at least the cans come with spoons included.

I'm still disappointed they don't sell anything to start a fire. I'll have to improvise.

"Saik, thanks for spending so many points. Fufu. I'll buy you a sandwich as thanks."

"Don't worry, I still have plenty. And thanks, I'll gladly accept that sandwich."

I offered my hand.

"I hope we get along well."

"Yeah... same to you."

She took my hand. Her hand is soft... Yes, she's definitely the person I was looking for. She has the potential I seek.

"I thought you'd be annoying or arrogant, but you're quite nice."

"Thanks... I guess."

I made a small advance, but something is better than nothing. I hope to continue like this in the future.

(Pov- Sylphie.)

I-I really wanted to be on the same team as Saik, but I wasn't lucky. I don't know if it's good or bad luck to be on the same team as Ram.

I-I think it's bad luck.

"I-I won't spend 500 points just for the right to three guaranteed meals. W-we can get food by working."

"Don't be selfish, you have 10,000 positive points. 500 is nothing. If we want to have enough energy to work, we need those meals."

"B-but it's too much."

"But think of the benefits."

... What would Saik do in this situation?

"Ah, you worry too much about points."

She stood up and took my arm.

"Come on."

"W-what?"

She lifted me up and... Huh? We're approaching Saik. He's talking to Naima. They seem to get along... I-it makes me a little jealous, b-b-but they're only talking because they'll be companions.

"Hey, Saik, how many points did you spend?"

"I spent 11,620 points."

"Eh?!"

I wasn't the only one surprised, even Ram is.

"W-what did you buy, Saik?"

"I have enough points to turn this special exam into my vacation. I just took advantage of the situation, Sylphie. Don't you think the same, Naima?"

"Yep. I think I was pretty lucky to be on the same team as Saik. A beach vacation sounds pretty nice."

The two of them will be alone... On an island... Together... I'm so envious!

Why wasn't I paired up with Saik?! It's not fair! Maybe if we were together on that island, something would have been born inside us. We would get to know each other much better and... I don't know. Maybe I could have made him fall in love with me... It's not fair!

"You see, Sylphie? Compared to the stupidity Saik did, spending 500 points is nothing."

"Y-yes... You're right."

Don't get nervous, Sylphie... Leave your nervousness behind.

(Pov- Kaeyko.)

A big sigh escaped me. This situation is... annoying.

"Ugh, how lazy."

"Let's do our best, Kaeyko!"

"Yeah, whatever."

The Capital, huh? I wanted to go to the camp or the island.

And I'll be teamed up with a guy with a lot of energy. It's going to be quite annoying.

Oh, and I just moved. I'll be away for three weeks. What a waste of money.

(Pov- Hanako.)

The island, huh? And according to Hanako 1, Saik will also be on the island. I hope we get assigned to the same island.

It's forbidden to invade another person's assigned area, but I have Hanako 1 to spy on him for me.

"We'll have so much fun together, Hanako!"

And I ended up on the same team as Cristal. I'm glad. She's a person who doesn't treat me badly.

"Y-yes."

I'll really enjoy this special exam.

(Pov- Saik.)

Lunchtime began. Perfect, I'll eat something alone for the first time in a long while. Eating with Yuki is relaxing, but eating alone is even more so.

"Come on, Saik."

"Eh?"

"For the sandwich I promised you."

"Oh, I thought you were joking. Thanks."

Naima and I left the classroom together.

"Setting aside the fact that we'll be living around insects, being on that island will be fun. I hope my parents give me permission to go. They're a bit strict, so they'll let me go considering it's a special exam. What about you, Saik? What are your parents like?"

"They're dead, so I'd rather not talk about it."

"Dead?"

"Literally. They died this year."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, you didn't know. I don't like to talk about it."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Why don't you comb your hair?"

"Because I'm lazy. I like having long hair and I don't want to comb it all the time. I prefer not to comb it."

"I see... And you don't care what others say about you?"

"No. It doesn't affect me."

"I see."

Hmm... I preferred the Naima who treated me badly. I think I'll run some more tests.

6