CHAPTER 41 – Study Results.
38 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 41 - Study Results.

(Pov- Saik, 6 years old.)

Legendary Ghost Number 2, the Ghost of Intelligence.

Special power: Intelligence. Temporarily improves the intelligence of its carrier. She is an intelligent ghost, capable of solving mathematical equations in seconds without using her power.

According to number 1, the weakness of number 2 is small children. Adorable things in general.

"And... that's why you're dressed like that?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"Ah... Saik, sometimes I forget you're still a small child. You lack experience. If they find out that you can see ghosts and that you're trying to capture legendary ghosts, your life and the lives of those who love you will be in danger. Take off that childish clothing and put on a mask or something!"

I had planned to attract the Legendary Ghost Number 2 with very childish clothing, ridiculous clothing, a sailor suit with a beret, but Number 1 brought me to my senses. If I go out to capture legendary ghosts without using a secret identity, my family will be in danger.

I took off the clothes and put on the clothes I hardly ever wear. A simple black outfit.

"Now I need something to hide my eyes... Hmm..."

There are too many security cameras in this area of the city. Even if I had a mask or something to hide my eyes, the security cameras would discover me. How should I leave the house and hide my identity?

"Hey, Number 1, do you know how to leave my house without being seen by the security cameras?"

"Without being seen, huh? Hmm... The Legendary Ghost Number 3 is a pretty lazy ghost, but if you manage to capture it, you can use its powers."

"And what is its power?"

"Illusions."

According to Number 1, Number 3 has the power to hide my presence and change my appearance. Having it in my possession would save me a lot of trouble.

"And where is it?"

"The legendary ghosts are located in different locations in this country. I, the legendary ghost of disease, was in a hospital. Where do you think the legendary ghost of illusion will be?"

Illusion... Hmm... Creating something that doesn't exist, but that others can see... Movies use a lot of special effects... Wait... It's a pretty lazy ghost...

"Is it gluttonous?"

"Too much."

Free food, illusions... I have two locations in mind.

I found Number 1 at the hospital where my mother works, and that hospital is the most important one in the country.

Number 3 could be in the "Bollean" film studio or in the "Blood Rose" shrine. Both are located here, in the Capital.

But how can I get in...? Oh, yes... Throw a tantrum.

I left my room and knocked on my parents' door.

"Come in."

I entered the room and watched my father adjusting his tie.

"What's up, Saik?"

"I want to see how a movie is made! Take me to Bollean film studio!"

The shrine is my second choice. People go to that place with the illusion that God will solve their problems. People's illusions focus on that place, but the film studio seems better to me. In that place, the legendary ghost number 3 could have food, but there is no food in the shrine, only at festivals.

"I'm sorry, Saik, I can't..."

"I want to go, I want to go, I want to go!"

Full of shame, I continued to throw a tantrum. My father refused and refused. I spent more than 20 minutes throwing a tantrum, but my father wouldn't budge.

"Let a maid take me, but I want to go!"

I knew my father had to go to work, so I threw a tantrum for 20 minutes just to make him realize how much I wanted to go.

He ended up agreeing, and one of our family's maids took me to the studio. A friend of my father's works there, and they allowed me to come and see. Ah, having a father with important contacts will be quite beneficial for me.

Legendary ghost number 1 went to look for number 3 while I pretended to be interested in what I was seeing at the film studio.

Luckily, number 1 found number 3 sleeping in the storage room where they keep the costumes.

I snuck away from my caregiver. I asked for permission to go to the bathroom and escaped through the window. There was security, so I used number 1 to break windows with some rocks I had stored in my pockets, causing the security guards to go see what happened, and I entered the storage room. Obviously, they will check the security cameras, so I made sure number 1 deactivated them. They would quickly realize that the security cameras were turned off, so I had less than 3 minutes to capture it, but there was a problem.

"So... How do I wake her up?"

Number 3 was a small but quite strange girl. She had dog ears and tail and wore quite inappropriate clothing for a little girl. She wore a short black blouse that reached above her belly button, a small red vest, and a short pink skirt. That style of clothing was quite inappropriate, but she's a ghost. I guess she feels comfortable with that clothing, and since no one can see her, she doesn't mind wearing it in public. What surprised me were her dog features. She doesn't have human ears... Ah, legendary ghosts are strange. I'm sure I'll meet a woman with 9 fox tails or a frog man.

"It's not necessary to weaken her. You can take her by surprise. Use 'that'."

Ah, my body hurts after using it.

My eyes turned gray, and I put my right hand on her left cheek. She stroked my hand, and I thought she had woken up, but she was still asleep. A smile appeared on her face. She probably missed being touched. It would be cute to me, but for me, it will simply be an object that I will use for my own benefit. Getting attached to any legendary ghost is not a good idea; it could kill me. I should never get attached to any ghost. Never.

After three seconds, I captured legendary ghost number 3, finally having two legendary ghosts under my power. I was lucky that this ghost is lazy, but I know perfectly well that not all ghosts will be like this. I must learn to fight and control the abilities they give me.

I deactivated "that," and my eyes returned to normal. I felt as if my bones had been fractured, but I know perfectly well that it was my soul that suffered, not my body. A few tears came out of my eyes, but I wiped them away quickly. I'm still a little kid, I know, but if I want to capture legendary ghosts, I have to leave that immaturity behind and adapt. I don't have time to be a little kid, I don't have time to "enjoy" my childhood. All I want right now is to have all the legendary ghosts under my power.

"We better go."

"Enduring all that pain... Saik, you're definitely not a normal little kid."

"I'm used to this pain. It's a pain similar to the pain that ghosts caused me. I'm used to it."

I returned to the bathroom through the window and continued on my way.

When I arrived home, the first thing I did was make sure to lock the door to my room and closed my eyes.

"Legendary Ghost Number 3, the Ghost of Illusion," I said.

I felt its power coursing through my body... Yes, it was definitely activated. My body felt strange.

The illusions of Number 3 are so powerful that you can even feel them.

"Ah... Well... I want to be an adult."

A black vapor surrounded me, and unexpectedly, I felt myself growing. I thought this power only made others see what I wanted them to see, but I didn't imagine that I would be able to see and feel it myself.

The vapor disappeared, and I looked at my arms. They were the arms of an adult.

"Did I grow?"

"Ah, what a dream. Are you my new master?"

It seems she woke up.

"Yes. Explain to me why I really grew."

"You only believe that you grew, but you're still the same size."

"But even my point of view isn't that of a small child."

"That's how powerful my illusion is. One of the few downsides is that your total strength decreases by 90% when your body changes."

"That much? That's a big disadvantage... And clothing? If I use your power to create clothing, will my power decrease?"

"As long as they're not weapons or items that help you fight, your power won't decrease."

I see. Anything related to fighting decreases the power of the carrier. That's why it's quite weak and easy to capture. It's almost useless. "Almost" because it also has its advantages.

But well, as long as it helps me hide my identity, I don't care about anything else.

"I want clothes... Clothes that hide my identity... Oh, and change the color of my hair, please."

"Clothes, huh? From your outfit, I guess you like black clothes. And what color do you want your hair?"

"Mmm... White?"

I've seen that hair color is quite popular on TV.

A black vapor surrounded me and disappeared faster than before.

"Done. I hope you like it."

I looked at myself in the mirror of my room... Wow... I really look like some kind of anime protagonist, but...

"I still look like me."

My face is the same. Changing my face would help me... Wait... Mmm... I see... Yes, it could work.

I would tell Number 3 to change my face, but no, I won't. Saik or his secret identity will be the one to capture the legendary ghosts.

"Shadow."

Changing my face will only make me feel uncomfortable. And since the clothes are an illusion, no one will ever see my eyes.

Oh, and I'm not entirely convinced by the hair color. Black clothes are great and all, but the hair color doesn't convince me.

"I want to wear black bandages on my eyes and turn my hair gray."

"At your service, master!"

Black bandages appeared on my eyes, and my hair turned gray.

I can see perfectly well; after all, these bandages are just an illusion.

"Do I look good?"

"If I may say, master, I would say you look amazing! You look like an anime protagonist!"

I guess that's good. I'm the same size, but I look completely different. Oh, wait, what about my voice?

"Can you modify my voice?"

"Of course!"

Then it won't be a problem. I opened the window of my room.

"According to number 1, number 2 is in an elementary school. Going at night would be a good idea, but let's investigate a bit first. Number 3, make sure no one can see me while I go to the elementary school."

"Ah... That... Uh... Hey, boss, you're still a kid. The energy expenditure will be..."

"I know, I've been practicing with number 1, I can handle it. Just do it."

"Yes... But I won't be responsible for any damage."

I jumped out of the window and landed in the garden. It hurt a little, but I can handle it. I looked at the gardener and threw a small rock at him. It hit him in the back and he turned around, looking everywhere for the culprit.

"Where did that come from?"

Perfect, he can't see me. Let's go.

I arrived at the elementary school and went into the men's bathroom. I underestimated the damage that this would cause to my body.

"I-It's incredible, you really managed to endure it all this time."

I sat on a toilet and closed the door. My head is boiling and my nose is bleeding. Damn... I have to become stronger. According to Number 1, my body must be resistant to withstand the power of legendary ghosts. I need to exercise more.

"Just... 5 more minutes. Let's continue."

"I think you should rest more, master."

"You felt the presence, didn't you, Number 3? That ghost is nearby. We'll just see it and go home. The longer we wait, the more time we'll lose. We need to make the most of our time."

We need to devise a strategy. First, we must know our enemy... Wait... Number 1 said that Number 2 wouldn't dare to harm a little child.

"I have a plan."

The plan is as follows. We're going to fight her with our fists. Number 1 is useless in this fight, but number 3 will be very useful. She'll use an illusion at the moment I tell her to, so number 2 thinks she killed me. She'll feel guilty and let her guard down, and at that moment I'll attack her with all my power.

It's a simple plan, but according to number 1, the first 30 legendary ghosts are the weakest.

I went out to the schoolyard, where the children are playing. I didn't have classes today because several teachers got sick with stomach problems. Obviously, I used legendary ghost number 1 to make them sick and miss school. I didn't want to go to school today.

Well, better not think about it. Where could she be...? Oh, I found her.

She's talking to a little boy, sitting in the shade of a tree. A little boy with Down syndrome. The appearance of number 2 is that of an older woman, about 40 years old. She looks like a mother to me. She's cute, and her breasts are enormous. I can see why number 3 called her a "cow."

"Saik, that boy can see her," said number 3.

Yes, I noticed. He's like me... Ah... This... I have a theory.

"Did he get Down syndrome because of his power?"

My power has hurt me a lot since I was very young, maybe even since I was in my mother's womb. I have to confirm that theory.

"Well... I don't know."

"Number 1, what do you think?"

"I'd say it's 50/50. Those who are born with the power to see ghosts, in most cases, are stillborn because their bodies can't handle the power. The bodies of those born with the power to see ghosts are different from human bodies because they adapt to the power. You are one of the few who have managed to be born healthy, Saik. But that little boy also survived, but was born with that syndrome. There are two options, he was born with Down syndrome because he simply had the bad luck to be born that way, or his body didn't fully withstand the power of seeing ghosts."

I see... But... Wait... Did he survive?

According to number 1, it was a miracle that I survived the attacks of the ghosts. I defended myself as much as I could, but he doesn't seem to have the mental or physical strength to defend himself.

"Wow, wow. It looks like number 2 has grown fond of that boy. What should we do, Saik?"

"Eh? Did you forget the plan already?"

"Eh? Wait... Are we still going through with the capture plan?"

"Of course. Why would we cancel it?"

"Look at him. No one approaches him, they think he's weird for talking to himself. He doesn't have any friends, and number 2 is his only company. Are you going to take away his only friend?"

"Should I care? I don't care about that kid at all. Do you think I pity him just because he has Down syndrome and no friends?"

I admit that I do feel a little sorry for him, but I promised myself that I would do whatever it takes to have all the legendary ghosts under my power.

"You're more evil than I thought."

"It's not that I'm evil, I'm just doing what's necessary."

"Master, you're so cruel! Awesome!" said number 3.

Those two seem to know each other too well.

"Number 2 has grown too fond of him. Did he capture her?"

"No, I don't think so, but it's quite possible that Number 2 is protecting him. His soul, unlike yours, hasn't suffered as much damage."

"...Number 2 is protecting him?"

"It's quite possible."

That means... he got help. While I cried in pain at night, from the attacks by the ghosts, he slept peacefully in his bed, knowing that Number 2 was protecting him. We were both born with the same power, but he got help and I didn't... The little pity I felt for him disappeared.

"If I capture Number 2, that child..."

"Yes, it's very possible he will die. His body is very weak. What will you do, Saik?"

"Huh? Did you forget the plan again?"

"Will we really continue with the plan, knowing that the child will die?"

"It's not my fault that the child is weak. My only goal is the legendary ghosts, I don't care about anything else.

As long as I achieve my objectives, the rest shouldn't matter."

"...Ah..."

It's true, she's too attached to him... I have a new plan.

Fighting her, even with Number 1 and Number 3 under my power, won't guarantee victory. She's smart, she won't be an easy opponent if we fight amongst ourselves. But she has a great weakness.

"A weakness I will exploit."

Ah, my nose started bleeding again. My body is boiling. I think I'll faint.

"Number 3 and Number 1, take care of my body. That's an order."

They're under my power now, they can't disobey my orders or hurt me. I'd be on guard if they could hurt me, but they can't, I've done the necessary tests.

I entered the school and looked for an empty place... Hmm... Here's an empty and dirty classroom. They probably plan to turn it into some kind of art room, as I see boxes of paint and brushes.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's dirty, so probably no one will come in.

I deactivated Number 3 and returned to my normal form.

I vomited a little blood. My stomach hurts, it hurts a lot, but complaining and crying won't make me feel better. I need to rest.

"Number 1, our new master is... great. Is he really six years old?"

"Ah, you'll get used to it."

I lay down under a desk and closed my eyes.

"Wake me up when classes end."

Soon phase 2 of my plan will begin.

"🎶Goodnight, rest, my love. Tomorrow will be a new day and you will have new experiences.🎶"

She really became fond of him. She even sings to him while he sleeps. Considering her personality, I think she was a loving mother when she was alive.

It would be a beautiful scene, but considering what I will do, it doesn't make me feel anything special.

It was night and I entered this boy's room through his window. I used number 3 to hide the sound I made.

"You really became attached to that retard, didn't you?"

That was a tough thing to say. My mother taught me to treat everyone with respect, but it's necessary to make her angry to get results.

She turned to look at me furiously.

"Don't you find his face disgusting? It just makes me nauseous. Ah, yeah, by the way, I'm here to capture you. Do we fight here or outside?"

"You can see me... Who are you? Are you another one of those ghost hunters?"

Ghost hunters? Does something like that exist? I understood that there are organizations that capture those who can see ghosts, but I didn't know that ghost hunters also exist.

If that's the case, why didn't they find number 1 and number 3? They were in very obvious places... I'll investigate more about that later.

"If you can see me, it means you're a natural talent hunter. I can't let you live."

"Oh, wow, you're aggressive. I admit I like it."

I jumped out the window and number 2 followed me. We stood face to face and she raised her fists.

"Are you ready?"

"I already won."

"What?"

"Why don't you go see your disgusting adopted son?"

"N-no... Don't you... You bastard!"

She went back into the room. Ah, what a hassle to climb back up.

I climbed to the second floor using my hands. Fortunately, I'm strong and light.

I entered the room through the window. Number 2 is crying furiously and number 1 has a knife on the throat of that little boy.

"Let him go!"

"Listen to Shadow."

"That's me."

I stood in the middle of the two.

"He's just a little boy, let him go!"

"If you let yourself be captured without resistance, we won't kill him."

"You... That voice... You're a little boy... I thought you were a dwarf. How old are you?"

"I'm six years old..."

My disguise disappeared.

"Just six years old."

"Why are you doing this?!"

"I just want the legendary ghosts to get my wish, that's all."

"You'll die. You're just a little boy. Even if you train all your life, you'll never be able to catch them all, let alone catch number 100."

"That's my problem, not yours. I'm sorry, but I don't have time. Will you let yourself be captured or will I kill the boy?"

"You... You're just a little boy. You don't have the guts to..."

I took another knife out of my pocket and threw it at that boy. It went through his left shoulder and he started screaming in pain.

Number 1 covered his mouth and eyes so he wouldn't see me.

Number 2 just kept crying, probably regretting challenging me. It's very cruel of me to hurt an innocent person, but I really don't care. As long as I get what I want, nothing else matters. Only the result matters to me, no matter how disgusting or cruel the method is.

Number 2 was probably a loving mother when she was alive, which is why she takes care of this child in such a way. She won't let anything happen to him, I know it.

"Without me, he'll die. Please, don't do this to me."

"He'll die anyway if you don't give up."

Number 1 began to make a small wound on the child's neck.

"Stop it...!! Stop it... Please, stop it."

"I managed to survive. This child has a chance of surviving if you give up, but if you decide to fight, his chances of surviving are 0."

"Why are you like this? You're just a little boy... Just a little boy... Why are you so cruel?!"

"The ghosts ruined my life. If I didn't have this damn power, I'd be a normal kid. My parents wouldn't be disappointed in me. As long as I have this power, I can never be normal... I just want to be a normal person... That's all I want. That's why I'm doing this. As long as I can fulfill my dream, I don't care what I have to do, I'll do what's necessary. You have 5 seconds to decide. 5. 4. 3. 2..."

"I give up! I give up... I give up... Don't hurt him."

I approached her and placed my hand on her abdomen.

"Good decision."

I activated "it" and managed to capture her.

"Three ghosts under my power. 97 more to go."

I left that place, satisfied with the outcome. Number 2 was furious with me, but I didn't care. As long as I have her under my power, she'll do what I say.

I arrived in my room and lay down on my bed, exhausted.

"My body... is boiling."

"It was obvious, you endured my power for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't move for a long time, but you act like nothing's wrong. You're really strange, master."

"You're the strange one. Why do you have animal characteristics?"

"Do you mean my cute dog ears and tail?"

"Yes."

"Well, I really don't know. As far back as I can remember, I've been like this."

"Ah... Well... I have a question. If the ghost hunters are looking for you, why haven't they found you? I found number 1 and number 2 in places with lots of people. Why haven't they been discovered?"

"The only ones who can see us are people who have the power to see ghosts naturally. Most ghost hunters get their powers artificially. And security cameras can't detect us. Even if a person with the power to see ghosts naturally watched the recording of a security camera, they wouldn't see us, which would make it harder to find us. And the legendary ghosts they have under their power wouldn't betray the others. Oh, and also because the others possibly don't know the locations of the other legendary ghosts."

"I see... Very, very few are born with the power to see ghosts naturally, which decreases the chances of finding legendary ghosts. They have legendary ghosts under their power, which means I'll have to fight them to steal their legendary ghosts."

"By the way, master, how did you know I was in the movie studio?"

"Illusions. They use special effects, similar to your illusions."

"Eh? Did you think I was in that place because of that?"

"Yes. Was I wrong?"

"Honestly, I was just in that place for the free food and because I could see how the movies were being filmed."

"So, was it just luck?"

"Yes, although it is also true that we, the legendary ghosts, are attracted to places related to our powers. You wasn't entirely wrong, master.

I see... I will have to think more carefully about possible locations.

For now, I will focus on training and becoming stronger. I was lucky to capture three legendary ghosts so easily, but the others won't be so easy. I must train.

Days after the capture of number 2, I learned that the little boy died of a heart attack caused by the ghosts' attacks. Number 2 became depressed, but that still didn't matter to me anyway. This result was expected.

Three legendary ghosts under my power. Little by little.

(Present day.)

(Pov- Saik.)

Today is Monday, September 22, the start of the exams. I really worked hard to teach the trio of idiots how to study. Naok surprisingly got better results than Bell and Evelyn. He's stubborn, but at least with some inspiration like a prize, he makes an effort. There are 8 subjects, 7 exams, and physical education has no exam. They just have to get more than 60, it won't be that difficult... Or so I hope.

Last week was relatively normal. The president congratulated me because, due to my recording, her class lost 20 points. I made the first move, but she'll get back at me, I'm sure.

That was the only really interesting thing that happened. I spent my time studying with the others to make them at least a little intelligent.

Today we must show what we've learned.

We must show that we are smart.

"You don't understand, do you?"

"No."

Ah, I forgot a lot of what I studied. Fortunately, I have Yuki with me.

"Let's cheat!"

Yuki knows it. I can't become smart overnight, no matter how much I study.

I'll answer the questions that I think I know the answer to, and Yuki will help me with the ones I don't understand. I know I'm cheating, mother, but as long as I keep studying, it won't matter that I cheated.

That's how the hours passed. In the practice test, I got a perfect score, in fact, I was the only one who managed to get a perfect score. I became a strong enemy for students in other classes. If our class gets a good average, we'll become the A class, but...

I looked around, everyone is exhausted. Even though the first exams are over, they're still tired. The exam was too difficult for them. Not many students in this class got more than 75 points on the entrance exam, from the beginning we were doomed to be in the C or D class. Thanks to me, we got 100 class points, but if I wasn't here, Tanya's class would be the A class, not us. Even now, we are in danger. I can only use positive points on myself, I can't use them on others. If I could, I would use them to buy many answers and make us the A class, but I can't. I must believe and have the confidence that the others will get a result, at least passable.

Sylphie and the others are studying on their own. It's lunchtime, but they'll keep studying. Even Evelyn is. Naima isn't studying. She's not that stupid, but I still worry about her results.

She's using her phone while eating in her seat... Ah, I hope she won't ignore me.

"Hey, Naima, I see you're confident. Aren't you going to study more?"

She turned to look at me.

"I don't need to study, I know what's necessary to not fail. Worry about your own business, weirdo."

Ah, the aggressive Naima is back. I love that.

"I see. Good luck."

I took my lunches, stood up from my seat, and headed towards the exit. Naima is an aggressive girl, chocolates or roses won't work on her.

How can I make a girl like that fall in love?

Everyone is worried about studying, so I can eat peacefully with Yuki on the school rooftop. So lonely. Ah, I love it.

"Why do you keep talking to Naima? She always insults you."

Yuki spoke while chewing a piece of her sandwich. If my mother had seen you, she would have scolded me. It's the duty of the older brother to teach manners to his younger sisters.

For now, I won't say anything. Yuki helped me, she's probably tired.

"Naima is a girl who could be useful in the future. Having her as an ally will be quite useful."

There's no doubt about that. Danna is the most sociable in the class, has many friends in different classes, having her as an ally would be very useful, but thanks to Kaeyko, I found out that she can be easily manipulated. She's a good person, I have no doubt about that, there's no malice in her, no hidden malice. What happened with Kaeyko probably happened because she was forced to do it. If she was forced, I can't get involved with her. She allowed herself to be manipulated, I can't trust someone like that.

But Naima is a different case, she wouldn't let herself be manipulated, or at least not so easily. Having her as an ally, even if she has fewer friends and connections, will be quite useful.

"Oh. Hi, Saik!"

Yuki quickly hid her sandwich behind my back.

"Hello."

Danna, the cheeriest in the class. She's very popular with everyone. A girl who wants to be friends with everyone... Ah, it makes me cringe.

I ignored her and kept eating.

"Hey, why don't you eat with everyone else? Why are you eating alone?"

... Are you serious? Are you that type of person?

"I'm an antisocial person. I enjoy solitude a lot. I like silence, that's all."

"Oh... I see... Can I eat with you?"

"It's a public space, eat wherever you want."

She smiled at me and sat next to me.

"Do you want some of my lunch, Saik?"

"No, thank you."

If I offer her mine, she'll think I consider her a friend. I won't offer her anything.

"Then... Ah..."

She's uncomfortable, she doesn't know what to say.

"There will always be people who don't want to have friends or who don't want to be your friend."

"Huh?"

I turned to look at her.

"It's very nice that you want to be friends with everyone and all that, but don't ignore the cruel reality. Not everyone will want to be your friend, and that includes me. Don't bother trying to be my friend because you'll never get my friendship."

"Why are you saying something so cruel?"

"I don't hate you, I don't even know you, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to be your friend either. To me, you're just a classmate, that's all. And I don't want to associate with someone who would be capable of hurting someone. Kaeyko told me what you did to him, I don't want to risk going through something similar."

She lowered her gaze... Ah, she's crying.

"Wow, you made her cry, Saik."

"You... You didn't... I'm sorry..."

She got up and ran away, leaving her lunch here.

She's a good girl, she just had the misfortune of being manipulated.

"Hey, Saik, don't you think you were too cruel?"

"I only did what was necessary."

She must realize that not everyone will be her friend. Life is not all rosy.

(Epilogue.)

Friday arrived, and with it, the results of the exams.

Ram was second in the class. Average of 96.

Max was third, average of 94.

Saoto was fourth, average of 87.

Danna was fifth, average of 84.

Mariana, the foreign student, was sixth, average of 82.

Bann, average of 80.

Elinnei, average of 78.

Corazón, average of 76.

Ludius, average of 76.

Naima, average of 75.

Sylphie, average of 75.

Rangel, average of 74.

Mark, average of 72.

Yesei, average of 71.

Reiko, average of 69.

Naok, average of 65.

Bell, average of 62.

Evelyn, average of 62.

Yuno, average of 60.

And me, with an average of 100.

"And that would give an average of 76.9. The decimals don't count, so you got 76 class points."

We currently have 276 class points.

If I remember correctly, Class A had 189 class points. Class C had 181. Class D had 197. And Class E had 170.

I raised my hand.

"Saik."

"Will we change classes next week?"

Everyone looked at the teacher hopefully, hoping to move up to Class A. To be honest, our results were terrible, even Ram knows it, that's why she's so nervous. It would be very optimistic of us to think that we will move up to Class A. If it weren't for the 100 class points we got on the previous special exam, we'd be in trouble.

"Class D got an average of 84. They have 281 class points. Class D will become Class A next week. Class B got 276 class points, they will remain in Class B. Class A currently has 268 class points, they became Class C. Class C currently has 255 class points, they became Class D. And finally, Class E has 235 class points, they will remain Class E.

Class A got 79 points on the exams. I expected more from them, but they are still superior to our class. Class C got 74 points. Class D 84. And Class E 65.

Objectively, without the 100 points from the previous special exam, our class probably would have become Class C, or even D.

Staying in Class B is, therefore, a positive thing. We are in a class we don't deserve. Well, they don't deserve it. Thanks to me, we're still here. Should I use my positive points now and change classes?

Ah, no, I can't yet. First is Sylphie, I have to keep helping her, and then there's the matter with Naima. I can't leave this class yet.

Well, I'll continue to be a student in Class B. Our results were disappointing, but at least there were no expulsions.

Were there any expulsions in other classes? I'll investigate later.

"Class B..."

Ram was really affected, as she really had hope of moving up a class.

Our class still has students who are below 80.

Sylphie and Naima got an average of 75. I knew Sylphie was intelligent, she just needed to study more.

Bell and Evelyn barely passed, but there was one worse than them.

Yuno. He got an average of 60.

He always sleeps in class or simply doesn't pay much attention, but I don't feel like he's stupid, there's something else about him. What could it be?

He even got a 60 on the practice exam. It can't be a coincidence.

"You're only in your first year, you still have a lot of time to improve and advance together to Class A. With the results that several of your classmates have shown, I'm more than sure that it's possible for this class to be the future Class A. Don't lose faith so quickly. Don't give up before trying."

We'll have the opportunity to move up in class every month, so we shouldn't despair. Well, for my part, I'm more than sure that I'll graduate from Class A. I have points to move up, but I also have confidence in Ram. This will be a lesson for her. Not everyone here is the same as her, everyone has different qualities. A true leader knows how to deal with these problems. Will Ram give up? I hope not.

On the other hand, we have Saoto, who is relieved to know that no one failed. He's not worried about the other results. If he thinks the only important thing is that no one gets expelled, he's very wrong.

After an hour of talking to the teacher about the results, we can finally go home.

Well... at least that's what I wanted.

"We're going to the beach!" Bell and Naok shouted.

"Let's go, Saik!"

Evelyn tried to hug me, but I moved away from her. Not in front of Naima.

"So, Ram, are you going with us or are you going home to cry because we didn't make it to Class A?"

"Um... I'd be mad at you, but without you, it's more than likely that our class would have become Class C or D. Without your positive points and your 100 average, this class wouldn't be Class B... Yes, I already have my suitcase, we'll see each other at the train station."

"My first long train ride... Cool," said Sylphie.

"Should we bring any board games so we don't get bored?" said Ludius.

"Ah, I think I forgot to tell you. Nergio lent us one of his private planes."

"Huh?"

"We'll be flying."

"On a private plane?!" everyone shouted, causing others to turn and look at us.

Ah, I regret it already, but I promised them.

"Go get your suitcases and we'll see each other at the airport."

"It was worth studying so much!" Bell shouted.

Ah, it's only a weekend. Nothing can go wrong. I just have to try to enjoy it. I have legendary ghosts in my possession, with me by their side, nothing will go wrong and they'll enjoy their little vacation.

"Let's go."

Nergio, old student, your master hopes that your results will be better. I went to the trouble of teaching you everything I know... Well, everything I could teach you.

(Pov- Wooden doll.)

The beach. The city of Solerk92, the place where Saik was almost defeated. One of the few occasions when Saik was close to being killed.

"How do you feel, Saik? Are you happy to return to the place where you had that epic battle? Well, knowing you, it probably doesn't matter."

Don't worry, Saik, you won't be bored.

"I'll take care of that."

The Goddess of Ghosts warned us not to try anything against you, but I can't help it. I want to kill you. I want to kill you. I want to kill you.

"I want to kill you."

I don't care what the Goddess of Ghosts says, I want to kill you. I want to see you suffer. And there's no more perfect place than here, the place where you were almost defeated.

"The place where you met human wickedness. The place that changed you."

You'll arrive soon, I hope you're enjoying the time you have left.

"Because it will soon be over for you."

(Extra- Choosing a swimsuit.)

(Pov- Sylphie.)

Sylphie, you have to decide! You've been looking at the swimsuits your mother bought for you for over 30 minutes and you can't decide which one to wear!

"Ah... Ah... The red one?"

I think I look... okay in red, but I'm showing too much skin. What if Saik thinks I'm a pervert? I have to wear something more decent.

"Are you still choosing?"

"I can't decide, mother."

"With any of them, you look beautiful, daughter."

"But I don't want to show too much skin either."

"Oh, well, well. If you want to attract the attention of the boy you like without him thinking you're a pervert, I recommend this one."

She handed me a new swimsuit.

"I used to wear that one when I was younger. Why don't you try it on?"

"Yes, okay."

I put on the swimsuit... Wow... A tight black shorts. My breasts are still very visible, but these shorts make me feel like I'm showing less. It's perfect!

"Thank you very much, mother!"

"Don't forget to take lots of pictures. Oh, and buy me a souvenir."

"Yes, I will!"

My relationship with my mother has improved a lot since she regretted her suicide attempt. I got my mother back... I really missed talking to her like this.

(Extra- A worthy rival.)

(Pov- Ram.)

We didn't make it to Class A, but I don't want to complain either. In the class, we have many defective students. Without Saik, we would definitely be in Class C or D. And once again, he got a perfect score.

"I really envy you."

But I also feel admiration for you. Thanks to you, the trio of idiots didn't fail.

Since I was a little girl, I was always proud to be the best in my class, no one could beat me, and that bored me. I entered this school hoping to find a worthy rival.

"And I found it."

And not only did I find one rival, I found several. Saik, the Keeno twins, Tanya, the leader of Class C... No, of Class D.

But, among all of them, Saik is the one that catches my attention the most. Not only because of his grades, but also because of his personality. I take pride in knowing my classmates for their ways of behaving, but Saik behaves so... strange. He would fall asleep in class, seemed like a slacker, but he managed to get two third-year students expelled and earned a large amount of points. Honestly, I thought he had cheated on the entrance exam, but considering his results, it's more than obvious that he deserves that outcome.

Will I ever be someone capable of surpassing him?

I don't know.

"But I won't give up."

Fortunately, Saik is my ally and not my enemy. For now, we must focus on surpassing Keeno twins and Tanya, then I can focus on surpassing Saik.

Group work is the most important thing right now.

"And our class has a powerful weapon. Someone named "Saik"."

(Author's note: The fourth volume ended. Did you like it? Please leave me your comments and follow me on Twitter: @HectorAngelAlv2)

5