Chapter 2: Miss Suzumi, the dilligent but clumsy senior.
124 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Workin' hard and hardly workin'. That would be the main difference between Suzumi and me. Not that we're much alike at all, 'course, but I'd say that if I were to pick one sentence describing us, it would be that. 

Especially now that I'm lazing around, sitting on my ass while she still even isn't close to finished after the schoolday is over. It's almost miraculously bad luck. Everytime something gets done, another thing breaks down completely, most of the time that 'thing' being the computer. They really need to upgrade their hardware, the Amoeba 5x.11 operating system isn't gonna cut it.

Hell, I'm surprised we're not having the latest of the latest, cream of the crop technology considering to what customers we cater to. Shame there's little reward on that front. I do have my own laptop, so I don't have to wait all day just to load up a webpage. And with that, comes jealous stares from her and the other teachers, mostly from her.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked her while she stared at me with a fiery gaze.

"Could you help me out? It's not like you're busy, afterall."

I scooted over beside her. The pile was already wittled down significantly, but so was her perseverance. If I'm not careful, she might ask me to take over for her. I'll do her a little favor now, so that I can avoid a bigger one later.

"Thing is acting up again, isn't it?" I asked while typing away on her computer. Somehow she always finds a way to get a new virus on there, though I suppose most of the fault can be put on the outdated software.

She gave an awkward smile. "You can help me with this, right? You're much better at computers than I am."

She complimented my skill with it, but honestly, I lack the slightest clue what to do here. So I did what I usually do, and opened up the built in virus scanner to check for anything. While waiting for it, I also checked out the opened programs, to see if they acted weirdly once I opened them.

Both of them brought me nowhere, so I could only think of one thing.

I saved all the files there twice just in case one would somehow get corrupted, shut off the pc, and after a minute started it up again. This seemed to fix the cursor issue at least, and the printer finally printed the proper documents, instead of messy pink lines criss-crossing the entire page.

Miss Suzumi looked at me as if I was a shining angel, saving her from the brink of ruin.

"Thank you so, so much. I wouldn't know how to survive in this modern day hell without you."

For what the rest of us was a simple computer, for her it was her arch nemesis. Oil and water. I don't remember how many times she has caused all the faculty issues with her misinformed, misguided and panicked decisions when it comes to these things.

"You saw me do it, it was only a few clicks."

"A few too many for me." She smiled wryly.

All's well that ends well, as she finally got her work done in an efficient matter, with only a slight bit of extra help from me. As we ended up being one the last to leave, she invited me out for a drink for helping her. Seeing no reason to decline, I went along to a place she frequents.

The funiture was predominantly brown, the barstools, chairs, tables and the bar itself being colored that way. The walls were carpeted a bright red, and the lighting a dark orange. It looked much like the places I used to hang around in years ago. I felt myself relaxing somewhat at the familiar sight, even if I've never once set foor in this place.

"Welcome back miss," the bartender greeted her with, "colleague of yours?"

"Yes," she says as she took a seat at the bar, "soju for me, what would you like?" she asked me.

"Scotch and lemon juice, extra ice."

The man looked at me as he put the cubes in a glass. "Like this?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's good." By sheer luck he did the amount I just wanted, 4 cubes.

She chatted a bit with the bartender. Regular small talk, a bit of catching up between them. I decided to let them have their bit, until Suzumi decided to forcefully drag me into the conversation.

"You see, Konori-sensei helped me out a lot today, he really is a saving grace for our school." She verbally drooled over me like I'm some sort of higher being, "If it weren't for him, I don't know how long I could've lasted for. This whole thing with all our documents being run through the computer gives me a constant headache."

The guy shifted his gaze toward me, "That so? Quite the reliable fellow, then." And tried to shift the conversation back, "So you had a lot of work today? Must be quite tough."

She didn't catch the hint, and went on about me. "It would be if he didn't also help me out with the documents. He basically just halved my entire workload for me," She turned her body toward me, "and I'm really grateful for that."

She's quite the cute woman as well, seeing her blush likes this as she compliments me in earnest would probably make any mans heart go aflutter. Well, outside of the bartender, who's giving me the stink eye. It seems the boy has a little crush on her. I glared back directly at him, which made his eyes avert mine.

Trying to keep the conversation going, I order another drink of the same kind, and commented a bit on her experiences.

"I don't mind doing you a little favor from time to time. You're the one who helped me when I just started out, so I got quite a bit to repay."

A few computer issues aren't that important to me compared to all the stuff she's done for me. Learning me teaching methods, getting me acquainted with the rest of the faculty, leaning me how the students operate. She was a real help, and still is.

"Ahaha, don't be silly. You're done more than enough to repay me, sweetie. It's me who should be a little more helpful, I'm making quite the display by constantly asking my junior for help."

She looked amorously at me, her expression flushed due to the alcohol. She's also getting a little touchy with me, putting her hand over mine and twirling her hair as we drink. A bit later, she suddenly, without prior notice to me, pays the bills and stands up, making me have to down my glass in one go.

"It was nice seeing you, but we have to go." She said to the bartender, who's decided to completely ignore us as he tended to the other customers. She dragged me outside and stared at me angrily.

"...What's up?" I asked her.

"It was so boring today!" she pouted, "there wasn't even any music on. There wasn't even a dartboard..."

She talked like I was the one who picked out this spot. But maybe she's just trying to find an excuse to leave.

"Hey... Can we go to your place, have some fun there instead?" she said as she held my hands, having her breasts touch my arm.

I guided her along, through the night bustle filled with drunks just like us. My apartment was a decently long walk away, so I decided to pay for a cab instead. It was a silent ride, the cab driver not trying to start any conversation. She rubbed my arm against her silently as we waited out the ride, and within a few minutes we were already back at my place.

I opened up the door, and was greeted by a mess of clothes and trash, as per usual. I kicked away the cans blocking our way and sat myself down on the couch. She did the same.

"So, what are we gonna do?" She asked me, curiously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4