Chapter 2
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Yvette slowly opened her eyes to find herself at the back of a classroom still in her all-white, though bloodstained, attire she'd be given.

Other than herself there were seven other people in the classroom, six of which sat at the front of the class, while Varric stood at the front speaking.

She picked her head up off of the desk and stood up, Varric's head immediately turned to look at her, "Yvette if you still feel tired or anything just go back to sleep."

Ignoring his words she continued walking up to the front of the room, "Where am I? What happened?"

The other people in the room turned to look at Yvette, they all looked to be around her age dressed in similar clothes to her, as Varric had her sit down once again, "This is an orientation for people who were turned in the last week as for what happened we can talk more about that after."

"Oh so, becoming a vampire must be fairly common right?", Yvette felt like it made sense, I mean the dean even opened a school for vampires after all.

Varric however was shaking his head, "No actually, normally there's maybe two or three found in a month... you were all likely turned in an attempt to gather more members by The Reds."

Another girl, with short blonde hair, spoke up, "What? Like communists?"

"No, no, The Reds are a faction of vampires that overindulge on human blood, they are fanatics to be put simply they want to enslave humanity... because of this we don't want any of you leaving the school grounds until it's deemed safe.", Varric pulled out a few sheets of paper and began passing them out to the others, "For now please find your way to your dorms and familiarize yourself with your schedule... you all may go now."

Quietly waiting for everyone to leave Yvette watched the man as he began to mess with various papers strewn across the desk, then once everyone was gone she spoke, "So I guess I missed most of the orientation?"

Nodded Varric turned back to her, "Yes, I'm Varric Crowley you probably didn't catch my name yesterday, I'm your Patron or Sire as we used to call my role."

"So what am I then? A servant?", Yvette shook the hand Varric offered her.

"No, you're a child, my child to be exact.", As he said that he sat on the desk next to Yvette.

She smiled and began to laugh, "Your child? You're not much older than me right? You probably got turned a few years ago right?"

Slowly shaking his head Varric pointed to one wall of the classroom where a painting of him sat framed with a small bronze plate... with the date on it being fifteen o' nine, "I'm far older than you think... far older than most vampires as well, most only live to be around two hundred or so."

"W-Whoa... so then, you could actually be related to me in some way."

Varric shrugged, "It is possible, but highly unlikely... I've been keeping an eye on my descendants, though it is just a single branch technically."

"Alright well, where's my room and schedule and all that stuff?", Yvette got to her feet and walked over to the desk Varric had gotten the others from.

Coming up behind her Varric put a single hand on her shoulder, "You do not have one, you will not be joining the rest of them until you awaken."

"What do you mean by that? Isn't that just me becoming a vampire or whatever?"

"No, it'll be whenever the powers you gained from my blood start kicking in... and trust me you'll know when it happens because for us there's three of them and they are liable to kill you."

Slowly nodding she turned back to face him, "So, then where will I be sleeping and what not? I can't go back to my apartment nor can I move back in with my parents... not to mention the fact you said we can't leave."

"My guest bedroom, you don't leave children unattended where it takes more than a minute to pop over and check-in.", with that he stood and began walking out of the classroom as he motioned for her to follow.

"I'm twenty-one! I'm not a kid!", Yvette chased after him a little red from his comment.

Glancing back at her as they walked down the school's halls he spoke, "By human standards, you're not human anymore."

-----

Yvette lay on the ground, every muscle of her body aching as a shadow appeared over her, "So you're Crowley's child, right?"

Opening her eyes she saw a stranger leaning over her, it was a girl around her age, short black hair with purple streaking through it, and she had one blind eye and the other was lilac purple with a cat-like iris.

Leaning up despite the pain Yvette looked at her, "Y-You're like Dean Valentina, a Seer right?"

The woman sat down next to Yvette, "Yeah that's right and I'm Rosa's child, Elisabeth, though most call me Lisa. So, I ask again you're Crowley's child right?"

"Oh, right, that's me! I'm Yvette... do you know where Varric is? He had me running laps around the campus than just disappeared.", as she said this Yvette spotted a dark mist crawling through the grass before billowing up into the air forming a column, then dispersing to reveal Varric, "Never mind."

Crowley glanced at Lisa, "I see you've met my child Elisabeth, is there a particular reason you've come to find her?"

The young woman shrugged, "I don't know, just had a feeling telling me I should find her."

He cocked his head, "Lisa, you know you're supposed to tell Rosa when you get feelings like that."

"Shove off Crowley! It wasn't a bad feel-", Lisa was interrupted by Yvette beginning to cough violently and cry out in pain.

Varric rushed over to Yvette and began patting her back as she coughed blood up, then his head whipped around as he saw Lisa began to writhe on the ground as her eyes shined.

Quickly he picked up Yvette and held her with one arm, letting her head rest over his shoulder, then he did the same for Elizabeth as he began running as fast as he could back to the main school building.

The timing of the two events couldn't possibly mean anything good, which he came to be proven right as he felt something land around his neck.

With a hard jerk, Varric found himself and the two girls laying in the grass as a group of men walked up chuckling, "Did you guys hear the same thing as me? Varric Crowley attempting for another child, how many have you killed doing this so far? Six? Seven?"

The men were Hunters, a group of humans who sought to destroy all paranormal entities, "You boys better leave before I get angry or worse the Templars find you... you know you're not allowed to hunt here."

Lisa's eyes faded and she slowly began to pick herself up off the ground, then she noticed the three men and the steel rope around Crowley's neck.

She quickly hurried over to Yvette, trying to get her out of the area, but as soon as she stood a bolt shot through her leg.

"You're staying right there girly!", the hunter who shot her began to chuckle as he quickly reloaded his crossbow.

Varric wanted to wait until someone noticed them, but the hunters weren't interested in toying with them like they usually want to do and made their way to Yvette and the other Lisa.

Taking in a deep breath Varric's body began to change, his nails turned black and grew to a razor-sharp point, his skin became grey as his face muscles tightened forcing him to bear his teeth at them.

This transformation was done in but a second and once it was the rope began to burn his skin, he grabbed the two men walking towards the girls and hurled them into the first man.

He could feel the pain growing stronger, he wanted to act quickly, but he found himself unable to move... something he's never experienced before.

Looking at the men he could see them getting back to their feet but there was a fourth man standing further away, who was definitely the man who made it so he couldn't move.

Varric closed his eyes once more and looked inside of himself, looking for the anger he kept bottled up.

However before he could start he heard a blood-curdling scream upon opening his eyes, he found the strength to rip off the rope and fight against whatever power the fourth man had.

He had to stop her, Yvette was acting feral, tearing through the first three like butter.

0