The Reaper vs Arlong
293 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*cling* A scythe strikes down at a shark fishman, who turns his head and catches it with his teeth. The man holding the scythe pulls the scythe backwards, shattering the teeth which were biting onto it.

"That's disgusting. Why would you even catch it with your mouth?" The Reaper asks while wiping the blade with the sleeve of his gown.

Arlong stares daggers at him before reaching into his mouth and ripping his entire set of teeth out. Yet a new pair grows back quickly like they were never gone.

"Okay that was disturbing. I'm guessing you've never had to go to a dentist before?"

"It's just one of the many privileges I get for being born a fishman. Sharks can regrow teeth, and they always grow back stronger. Do you realize yet how inferior your race is to me?" the fishman says as he charges towards Ray.

Ray swiftly dodges to the side while at the same time swinging his weapon down at the sharks neck. Arlong raises his arm to block the strike and ends up with a giant wound. 

"Geh!"

"You should've dodged instead. Better yet, put it in your mouth again. Worked so well last time" The Reaper mocks as he sets his scythe on his shoulder.

"Don't get cocky over a little cut human! I'll show you what really separates the two of us!" Arlong shouts angrily. 

"I would love to stay and see it, but my job here is done for now. I was just meant to lead you here and distract you." Ray says as he sheathes his scythe on his back. "Don't worry though, we'll be back soon. But you have a certain person you pissed off with your marine stunt."

As if planned, an orange hair girl furiously opens the gates to Arlong Park. "ARLONG! I thought you'd never break a promise involving money?!" but when she notices all the bleeding fishmen laying on the ground she covers her mouth in shock.

While both Arlong and Nami are left unmoving by the sudden development, Ray takes this chance to run towards Nami. He stands before her and leans forward to whisper something to her, then runs off in the direction of Cocoyasi Village.

...

"I see you made it here safely." a man wearing a straw hat hears while sitting against a tree.

"Ray!" Luffys replies to the voice "I got us our cook!"

"I know. I met our navigator by the way. She should be on the way here now."

"THAT DOES IT! Arm yourselves for it's time to fight!" the two hear a commotion down the village path. They turn to see an entire village armed with anything that can be used as a weapon shout towards the sky.

"Wait everyone!" a panting orange haired girl says. All the villagers turn to look at her. "Please just wait a little more! I'll try my best again so please!"

These words seem to make the villagers even more determined, as they all tighten the grasp on their weapons and some even shed tears.

'Why'

As they all walk past Nami towards Arlong Park, she falls on her knees and starts crying.

'Why.."

She starts shouting Arlongs name murderously while stabbing her left shoulder in the same place a certain tattoo is. Luffy walks over to her and grabs her hand holding the knife.

'Just why?'

(Flashback)

"Oh you started reading One Piece?" a lady in a suit says as she walks up behind the man

"Boss. Yeah I took your suggestion to read it in my free time." the man replies

"Do you like it?! What part are you on?!" the Boss asks earnestly 

"It's fine so far. I'm at the part where Luffy decides to help Nami. I don't understand why he's so keen on helping her after everything she did though?" The Reaper responds

The Boss sighs, "That's because you don't have any friends. I'm sure you'll understand some day."

"Who's fault do you think that is! You've been working me my entire life!"

"HAHAHAHA"

End...

"Luffy..." Nami calls out "...help me" she says as she turns around to reveal her crying face

*Flinch* Both Luffy and Nami flinch and turn towards the spot a dark figure used to be standing. They stare at the area wordlessly, still scared at the intense fear they felt just seconds ago from that direction.

"Ray?" Luffy calls out

~~~~~~~

'I just don't get it!' a man carrying a scythe thinks to himself while running in the direction a group of villages left towards.

"Luffy... help me"

'Ah, actually I do get it'

"*Sigh* That's because you don't have friends. I'm sure you'll understand some day."

'I guess I liked the One Piece characters more than I thought'

The man stops in front of a gate where two bounty hunters are sitting in front, covered in blood. Their face pales as they see the figure in front of them, and feel the intense bloodlust coming from it.

"Move." The Reaper says. They both scramble to their feet and run to the side, no longer blocking the gate.

The Reaper walks to the gate and casually pushes it open. All the remaining fishman pirates that weren't in the previous fights turn towards him.

""""YOU!"""" they all shout fiercely towards him

"Where's Arlong"

"Your foolishness knows no bounds" a blue fishman with giant lips say as he walks up to the man who invaded their base for the third time "Arlong doesn't need to deal with you because you'll be dead before he ge.."

Before the fishman could finish his sentence, he stops talking. His stares at the dark man wearing a gown in front of him, looking right where his face should be. Yet all he sees is black, unable to make out the face.

He falls to his knees and starts bring both hands up to his neck, but stop half way. His hands seem to be getting closer yet he isn't moving them?

"Where's Arlong" The Reaper asks again. All the fishmen freeze as they see one of Arlongs top officers, kneeling in front of the man, holding his own decapitated head!

No one can move, some of the fishmen even faint at the scene that just played in front of them. All unable to say a word, yet they quiver when they hear him speak the same two words.

"Where's Arlong"

"Chew!" everyone hears yelled from the side

"There he is" The Reaper says, seemingly talking to himself

"YOU AGAIN!" Arlong growls as he looks at the man.

"There's been a change of plans. I'll be the one finishing you off."

"You've broke in here three times, killed half my men and two of my officers, yet have run away every time I've shown up! What makes this time so different?!"

"This time.." Reaper starts as he flicks the blood off his scythe "..I'm serious."

"Insolent! I'll show you the difference between ou.." as Arlong starts talking, Ray rushes towards him before he can finish his sentence. 'Fast!'

Ray swipes sideways at Arlong, who ducks under the weapon to dodge. As if expecting it, Ray brings his knee up and sends Arlong flying in the air.

He chases after the shark fishman and kicks him again, making him crash into the first floor of the giant building known as Arlong Park.

"Is your races greatest strength talking about how much better you are? I thought you were going to get serious this time?" The Reaper taunts at Arlong.

"Fine, you want me to get serious?" Arlong asks as he stands up. He walks towards the hole he made when flying through the building and grabs something off the wall. He walks out holding a weapon that has six triangle blades on one side.

"You were so proud of your nose you made a weapon that looks like it?" Ray remarks 

"Enough with your jokes. I'm proud of my nose because it's unbreakable. You'll regret underestimating me human."

'Unbreakable huh?' "We'll see about that"

Arlong charges towards The Reaper and swings his Kiribachi at his side. The Reaper tilts back as the weapon misses by barely an inch. He takes the opportunity to charge at the fishman and swings his scythe upwards. 

The shark fishman tries to dodge backwards but was too late as the scythe was swinging too fast. He screams out then clenches his mouth is anger. Ray takes this opportunity to grab the arm of his enemy that isn't holding the weapon. He squeezes on the arm hard and uses all the strength he can muster to spin around and throw Arlong towards a stone column.

He crashes into the column, going straight through it. As they see their captain getting thrown back again, the rest of the fishmen snap out of it and decide to attack at the same time. He notices them approaching and turns around swinging his scythe. The fishmen in the front all fall to the floor bleeding, but before the others have time to react, Reaper charges into the remaining group slashing them down one by one.

It all happens so fast the before Arlong even has time to get up, he hears all his crew screaming and falling to the floor.

Ray takes care of the last one as blood drips from the blade of his weapon. He walks over to his main enemy, who's laying in a pile of rubble, and notices a change in the shark fishmans eyes. Recognizing he's about to go berserk, he decides to add fuel to the fire.

"You must enjoy staring at the sky since this in your second time laying on the floor looking at it."

Arlong growls as he stands up and clenches his Kiribachi. He swings it down at Ray who holds his scythe up sideways to block it. Arlong uses his free hand to grab onto one of The Reapers arms and pulls him forward. This makes him lose his balance and Arlongs Kiribachi gets past the scythe and impales his shoulder.

Ray quickly drops his weapon and uses the now free hand to grab Arlongs. He tries to remove it from his shoulder but ends up snapping it in half instead, surprising both Arlong and himself.

'I got stronger than I though' he thinks as he takes the half of Arlongs Kiribachi out of his shoulder and tosses it to the side

The shark fishman throws his half broken weapon on the floor and speaks.

"For a human you're not bad. But now you don't have your weapon which is the only way you managed to hurt me!"

He picks up the scythe Ray dropped and throws it far behind him, making it land in the water. The man quickly turns around and runs to where it landed and dives into the water.

"Shahahaha! Fool! Jumping into the water when fighting a fishman is the same as asking for death!" the shark says as he jumps in the water after him.

Ray ignores him (as he couldn't talk underwater anyways) and keeps swimming down to where his scythe is.

~~~~~~~

"Ahh! He's crazy! Why would he jump in the water?" Johnny worries

"Even if he can't fight without a scythe, he had a better chance without it than he does in the water!" Yosaku adds

"You two! What are you doing here? Are you from another village?" a man from behind the two call out

They turn around to see a group of villagers all holding different types of weapons, looking like they're ready to storm the park.

The man with a pinwheel on his hat that called out to them before walks up to the gate and notices a decapitated fishmen holding his own head, and a bunch more fishmen laying on the floor covered in blood further behind him.

"What happened here? Did you two do this?" Gen asks as he notices they're both covered in wounds of their own

They shake their head quickly, as if to strongly deny they had zero part in any of this.

"It was the Grim Reaper! He was holding a scythe and everything!" Johnny says with a hint of fear lingering in his voice

"Oh shut it! It was someone part of big bro Zoros crew." answers Yosaku

Nojikos eyes widen in surprise as she hears this, remembering the creepily dressed man that was with the long nose sniper and green haired swordsman.

Gen also gets curious as he remember someone similarly dressed that led Arlong away when he was about to get killed for having his weapons found. He assumed the person would've been dead by now!

"Wait so one person did all of this?" "There's no way. right?" "Maybe we'll finally be free?" the villagers start conversing between themselves

"Then where is he? And where's Arlong?" Nojiko asks the two.

They looking at eachother before panicking, remembering what just happened. ""Ah!"" "He jumped in the water and Arlong followed him!"

""What!!"" both Nojiko and Gen yell, then look at eachother worryingly. As to increase their worries, they start seeing blood float to the surface of the water. They pale at the sight, assuming their worries had come true.

 

Sorry if this one isn't the best. It was my first time writing a fight scene so I had a decent amount of trouble with it. I'll have another chapter out soon to finish the Arlong Park arc though! Look forward to it :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9