Chapter 20
490 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since the day Fumiko apologized, she had been pestering Ryo about random things. She would give him different pastries everyday that she personally baked. After knowing that Ryo is not fond of things that are too sweet, she would always use less sugar for the pastries she would give to Ryo since she only knows how to bake. 

She would also give pastries to the servants and to her father, brother, and step-mother. Fumiko was at first, too intimidated to approach them but she gradually relaxed when they didn't treat her with the tiniest bit of hostility. Although Rei wasn't hostile towards her, she could vaguely feel that he was keeping her at arm's length. 

She wasn't surprised in the slightest bit since she just showed up and the fact that she was an illegitimate child, she was already thankful that she was still treated with kindness. Fumiko had witnessed and heard that illegitimate children were often bullied and neglected. 

Fumiko was initially concerned that she'd be treated the same way but thankfully, she was welcomed, albeit not with open arms. One time when she was preparing her baking tools in the kitchen, she heard the servant's talking amongst themselves and she paid it no mind at first but when she heard that it was about her birth mother, she couldn't help herself but to eavesdrop. 

The servants were talking about the truth of what happened to the Duke the last time he visited the temple. She found out that it was her mother who shamelessly latched herself to the Duke forcefully by poisoning him. She was shocked since her mother never talked about the Duke. She only ever heard about him when her mother tricked her into showing up here. 

Fumiko felt ashamed and guilty for what her birth mother did. She was sorry and felt guilty to this family, especially to the Duchess, Katsumi. She hid in her room for a few days then after that, she showed up to the Duchess to apologize. She kept her head down as she apologized to show her submission to her step mom. Fumiko was even expecting to get beaten up or be scolded. However, reality proved her wrong. 

Katsumi stared at the girl apologizing for her birth mother's misdeeds, making her sigh. 

"I appreciate your thoughts but you don't really have anything to be sorry for. It was a matter between adults and your mother already paid for her misdeeds." Katsumi said and left since she was really busy. 

Fumiko stared at Katsumi's back until she was out of sight. Since then, Fumiko also gifted her step mom with pastries and when she heard that Katsumi was fond of paintings, she did her best in her art class. Although Katsumi didn't treat her coldly, she was not warm either. Just in between. 

Since she was already part of the family, she learned etiquette and other things that the nobility are supposed to learn along with Ryo. Although she was just in the beginner's level while Ryo was already at the intermediate level. 

Ryo, who had been having fun learning, especially the combat training, was always pestered by Fumiko. At first, she was just giving pastries, then after a few encounters with him, she started conversing with him, then it escalated to her following him everywhere like a tail. 

She was following him around, watching him with her glittering eyes as if she was looking at her idol, at least that's how his sister in his previous life was fangirling at her favorite boy band. Ryo was starting to get annoyed by her stickiness. Perceiving his master's mood, Zilthai communicated with his master through telepathy. 

'Master, should I get rid of her?'

Ryo was surprised by Zilthai's sudden inquiry. 

'No need. Just let her be.' 

Just like that and 2 years passed by. Ryo was getting dressed by his servants while he stood there helplessly and let them do their task. It was now his 13th birthday, meaning it was his coming of age ceremony. The servants were busier than usual as they decorated the Palace of Ambrogio, which only the royalty can use for important banquets. 

The Palace of Ambrogio belongs to the royal family but it was built in the Cassius duchy. The history of this Palace dates back to the very first vampire that retained it's human intelligence and sanity. The vampire monsters, called ferals, were running amok in the ancient times and humans were helpless against them. 

Humans were living in peace during the daytime but at night, the nightmare haunts them. Humans can only hide underground at nighttime to avoid the ferals. Since the sun was able to save them from the ferals, it eventually started a religion to worship the God of Sun. Temples were built and the religion spread like wildfire amongst them. 

A woman who was devoted to the sun God was trapped in an abandoned basement near the temple. The sun was setting and feral noises could be heard but she couldn't get out. When nighttime arrived, the ferals pounded at the door of the basement to feast on the woman's blood, she could only cry silently as she accepted her fate. 

As she was just lamenting her fate, gunshots were heard outside and the door was pushed open, revealing her lover. They tried to go against death but his bullets were limited so eventually, the man sacrificed his life to save his lover. The man thought he was dead or that he turned into a feral. He was about to attack his lover but he still retained a little bit of his consciousness so with his strong will and love for his woman, he was able to overcome the blood from turning him into a feral. 

He ripped apart the ferals that his eyes laid on, and by the time he was done, he was soaked in the feral's blood from head to toe with the sun rising behind him. Thus the birth of the first true vampire. 

The man's name was Ambrogio. 

The first true vampire. 

The first king of vampires. 

Although he was able to retain his human intelligence and consciousness, a feral's thirst for blood remains. He barely kept himself sane. Seeing him suffer terribly hurt his lover so she offered her blood to him without hesitation. Ambrogio eventually came to and stopped sucking her blood, turning her into a vampire like him. 

His best friend also offered up his blood to him, ever so loyal to their friendship. That man was surnamed Cassius. 

The man surnamed Cassius kept Ambrogio and Selene safe from humanity's hands, guarding them 'till the lovers ended their lives. The man kept his best friend's home and family safe, making the next leader of vampires appreciate his loyalty. 

Ambrogio's mansion retained its original location and the land where it was built was gifted to the Cassius family as appreciation to their loyalty and also their oath of loyalty to the royal family until the very end of the Cassius bloodline. 

Regardless if the current King is incompetent or not, they must remain loyal. 

As years passed by, the humble mansion was constantly upgraded until it became the grandest palace in the empire of vampires. 

When Ryo heard the history of the Palace of Ambrogio, he was amazed and quite proud that it was located in their duchy. It was the home of the very first true vampire, the very first king alright. Only the royal family and the Cassius family had the privilege to host banquets in the said palace. 

He would be lying if he said he wasn't thrilled and overjoyed by the privilege. 

His birthdays in his previous life were always simple and sometimes not celebrated depending on the situation ever since his parents died. He barely even had the money to provide their basic necessities and he didn't have the time to celebrate. It was a luxury he couldn't afford. 

And by the time that he could celebrate it without getting penniless, he was too buried and worked and already used to not celebrating it. He would celebrate his sister's birthday instead to make up for the lost times. 

Only in this world was he able to celebrate it without having to worry for anything since it was a custom and with his parent's insistence, he was more than willing to. 

It was just too tiring though. So much preparation was needed and perfection is a must especially in his coming of age ceremony. All the noble vampires were invited to celebrate with him. The nobles were also curious and eager to see the 2nd son of the Cassius family since vampires were only first introduced to the society at the age of 13.

Ryo also heard that his father invited his friends from other races to attend his ceremony. Ryo was excited to see the other races in the flesh since he only ever saw them in books ever since he arrived in this world. 

Ryo finally breathed a sigh of relief when the servants were finally done dressing him up. It took almost 3 hours for the whole process to finish and he was also on the brink of losing his patience. So many skin products were applied to his skin to make it more smoother and beautiful. He was dressed in layers upon layers of clothing that made him glad that he was a vampire that couldn't be bothered by temperature. 

It took so long that it was as if they were dressing up a girl instead. Ryo didn't know that in this world, girls took way longer than that to dress themselves up on a normal day, let alone when preparing for an occasion. 

Just as he was checking himself out in the mirror, Rei and Fumiko barged into his room. He turned around to look at them and saw their mouths agape in pleasant surprise. The warm sun rays peeking through the window highlighted his slim and tall stature. Vampires were naturally taller and looked more mature than their actual age. He looked like a 15 year old youngster in his previous world. 

"Uwaaaa! You're so handsome, brother!" Fumiko said, her eyes glittering in excitement and awe. 

"It's only natural since the Cassius bloodline runs through his veins." Rei replied to Fumiko's exclamation. 

Ryo chuckled at them as he approached them with a gentle smile. 

"What did you guys come here for?" Ryo asked as he adjusted the cuff of his clothes. 

"We came here to escort you since it's time to introduce you to our guests." Rei said as he held out his arm with a look of anticipation. 

Ryo raised an eyebrow as he looped his arm around Rei's. 

"Thank you." Ryo said as they walked out his room with Rei and Fumiko on either side. 

'Let's get this shit started.'






A/N: Hey y'all sorry for the very late update lol. It somehow slipped my mind. New characters will be introduced in the next chapter. And who are they? The ML? The capture targets? The villainess? Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out! Anyhoo, thanks for reading! I do appreciate the votes and comments!

16