You Were The Only One There For Me
250 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Shit. What do I do now…” I muttered as I walked in the dead streets.

My name is Hirota Kiyoshi, and right now, I am wandering around the streets of Japan after escaping from a certain country. And currently, I am facing a massive problem. I don’t have a visa to stay here permanently. 

I only have a visitor's visa and so I can’t stay here for long. So here I am, left wandering around looking for a solution. 

“One way is to get married… But I want to marry someone I actually like… I don’t think I’d be able to find someone right now…” 

As I was thinking of possible solutions, I heard someone humming from the corner of the street.

“La la la~”

Hm? I thought as I walked towards the area the sounds were coming from.

There, I saw a small shed where a girl that looked like she was at the same age as me was sitting. She’s wearing some kind of uniform? It was quite dirty, so she has probably been staying here for a few days now. She had a bag strapped onto her back and was holding her phone on her lap.

Why would a girl be here? I thought, till I thought of a reason.

Did she get abandoned or thrown out of her house?

Deciding that I shouldn’t jump to conclusions and my mind giving in to curiosity, I decided to approach the girl and talk to her.

“…Hey”

What I meant as a normal greeting was interpreted differently by the girl. Instead, she took this as a warning of some sorts or maybe a provocation…

“Eh?! What are you doing here?! There should be no one who knows this place! Don’t you even try to steal my spot!”

“Eh?! Wait a minute, I don’t want to steal your spot!”

“Hah?! Then why are you here then?!”

“I was just wondering why a girl would be here outside while it’s raining!”

“Oh… that doesn’t really matter to you, though?”

“…You are right, but still!”

It’s 100% weird that a schoolgirl would be living outside in the street corner, you know!?

“But still what?”

“It’s weird that a young girl like you would be here in a small shed while it’s raining! And judging by your clothes, you seem to be homeless!”

She then looked at herself and saw that there were holes in the clothes she was wearing

“You… You pervert!” She then followed up with a slap. However, unfortunately for her, I have good reflexes. So I caught it and started my counter attack.

“That’s not it! Listen here, little girl, I do not give a single shit about your body. I was just curious why someone of a similar age as me would be here outside in a shed, homeless!”

“Wha-“

“Look, would you like to go to some restaurant and have a friendly conversation? Or would you like to stay here right now, alone in this shed, cold and with nothing to eat as you look for someone that can help you?”

“…I’d appreciate it if you’d be able to treat me to a meal”

“Good.”

And that’s how we got here. Eating in a Waccdonalds and having a conversation. I do think that she’s a candidate for the marriage plan… But I’m not sure yet. Now that I look at her again, she is kind of cute but I’m still not interested… I could test it out first…

“Hey, what’s your name?” I asked her, as she was devouring the burger i ordered for her.

“Imada Yukiko.”

“Age?”

“I’m 17… Also, why do I feel like I’m being interviewed?”

“Don’t worry about it. It's just your imagination.”

“…” 

“So, why and when did you become homeless?” I asked her. She did seem hesitant but…

“…I guess I can tell you. It seems like you’re trying to help me out.”

Kind of? I guess?

“Well, you see, I’ve always been kind of hated in our house. I was the result of an affair by my mom and some random dude she had a one-night stand with, and so, my mom and dad’s marriage didn’t go very well after that… I’ve always loved music, however, they didn’t see a point of me pursuing that career and they thought that I'd be useless so they tried to stop me from going there.”

“…”

“I kept refusing their advances, but they finally got sick of it. They just kicked me out 5 days ago and just gave me the papers I need for my life with my phone. Then they told me to never come back.”

“…I see. So, you didn’t try going back afterwards?”

“Nope. I never liked it there anyway, So I decided to just leave the house completely and try to survive on my own.”

“And, how have you been doing in that department?”

“Fine, I guess. I’ve been able to survive because I hid some money in my bag. I can probably survive for a few more weeks if I can be preservative with my money.”

“Heh~”

“So, how about you? Who are you?”

“Well, my name is Hirota Kiyoshi. 18 years old. Just a normal guy you’d find anywhere else.”

“Heh~ so you’re 18…”

“Surprised?”

“Well yeah, I kind of thought that you’d be older than that.”

“I see… Well, I have a proposal for you.”

“Proposal?”

“Yes, would you… like to live with me for a while?”

“…Hah?!”

11