chapter 37
3.2k 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After school.

 At the same time as the  class ended .

 Mireia stood up and immediately went to Sienna's seat.

 The last time she tried to talk to her, she was not already in the classroom, so she must have acted on that reflection.

"Um, Sienna, I'd like to talk to you for a minute ......."

"Hmm."

 By the time I got there, Mireia was already talking to her, but as before, Sienna's response was rather weak.

"The next team math . I'd like you to help me out with the upcoming team competition, Sienna."

 Sienna nodded and started to walk out of the classroom.

 It seems that in Sienna's mind, the conversation was over.

 I looked at Sienna as she walked out of the classroom and said, "It seems  she having trouble communicating."

" Just like you.

"...... Hmm."

 I was impressed by Mireia's spot-on comment. I'm certainly not very good at conversation either.

"So, what should I do?"

"It's not too early to give up. We should go after her.

 That's why we followed Sienna.

"Oh, Sienna!"

 When we went out into the hallway, we found Sienna immediately.

"Hmm?""

 Sienna noticed us and turned around.

"I'm grateful for your help, but I'd like to share some information with you. The other students are gathering in teams to plan their strategies. I'd like to do something like that with Sienna, if possible.a"

 Mireia said, trying to persuade me.

 A strategy meeting.

 "The other students are doing that? I've never heard of that before."

"Hmm, okay."

 Surprisingly, she nodded easily.

"So, why don't we go to the cafeteria together afterwards?"

"No."

 She showed her willingness to follow  us.

"I have a favor to ask you, Abel"

"What is it?""

 Mireia turned to me and said.

"I'd like you to go get Viktor, ....... I'm sure he's awake by now."

"Oh, okay."

"Then we'll go to the cafeteria first."

 That's why I went to the infirmary alone.

 I was concerned that Viktor, who was already awake, might not have left the infirmary by now, but I headed there anyway.

"What?"

 I ran into Viktor just as he was coming out of the infirmary.

"Are you okay now?"

"It wasn't much of an injury to begin with."

 It's a big step forward to be able to talk to him, even if he's acting like a jerk.

"So, we're going to have a team strategy meeting, of course you're going to be there, right?"

"Tsk."

 I get a tongue-lashing.

"Yeah, that's what we agreed on."

 He was willing to cooperate.

"But don't get me wrong., it was only because you used a cowardly move that I lost, not because I'm inferior to you in any way."

"I see."

 It is true that by taking you by surprise, you made it easy for me to win.

 I'm not going to deny it.

"I'm glad you're cooperating with me for now."

 

 

You're both late.

When I arrived at the cafeteria, I found Mireia looking a little frustrated.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't take a detour and headed straight for this place, so to be honest, I don't like being called late.

"She fallen asleep thanks to you."

 I looked over and saw Sienna sitting next to Mireia, leaning on her shoulder.

 Speaking of Sienna, she was sleeping soundly and comfortably.

"Why don't you wake her up?

"I've already tried to wake her up several times, but she just won't  wake up."

"How can you cooperate with someone like that?""

 Viktor spat venom.

".  Thank you very much for your help.

"Oh, yeah, ......."

 Victor flinched, probably because he was hit by Mireia's carefree smile.

 Knowing Mireia's other side , I couldn't help but wonder if this smile was also an act.

"So, let's start the strategy meeting."

 Mireia said as we took our seats.

 It's a good idea to start the strategy meeting, but I don't know the specific rules, except that it's a team fight.

 I hadn't heard anything about it from the teacher.

"Hey, Mireia. I'd like you to go over the rules first."

"Yes, that would make it easier to formulate a strategy, I understand."

 '. All right, now I've got a natural flow to my explanation."

". First, there will be a team competition for each class. A total of sixteen people. If you finish first, you will receive three evaluation points, which will increase your chances of being transferred to a higher class. On the other hand, if you come in last place, your evaluation points will be minus three points, and you will be demoted, or in the case of us in class D, expelled, but that possibility will be much closer.

"......?"

 Now there's a word I don't know.

 Evaluation points? Three points for first place? What's that?

 I've heard from Mireia that if you're in last place, you'll be expelled from school, but I've never heard of evaluation points before.

"I've never heard of evaluation points before. Abel-kun.

 I've never heard of the evaluation points before.

"No, I was just wondering what the evaluation points were."

"Didn't you hear what the teacher was explaining?"

"No, I heard about it, but I forgot about it."

 Well, I didn't really hear everything.

"Huh," Mireia sighed deliberately, and then began to explain about evaluation points.

"We, the students, have evaluation points: 10 points for D class, 30 points for C class, and so on. And as we win or lose matches , those points fluctuate. If the evaluation points fall below zero, the student is expelled. On the other hand, if you get 20 points or more, you will be promoted to Class C."

"I see."

 In other words, if you come in last place in this team competition, you will be deducted three points, so if you start with 10 points, you will be deducted 7 points.

 By the way, according to Mireia's explanation, the initial points for each class are as follows.

 Class A has 70 points, Class B has 50 points, Class C has 40 points, and Class D has 10 points.

 Each student, in each class, is given these points at the beginning.

 If you gain 10 points from that point, you are promoted to a higher class, and if you lose 10 points, you are demoted to a lower class.

 In the case of us in D class, we start out with 10 points, and if we reach 20 points, we are promoted to C class, and if we drop below 0 points, we are expelled.

"We'll be expelled if we fall below zero.'

 Victor complained to Mireia after she finished talking about the evaluation points.

"If you want to complain,   blame Abel, who wasn't listening."

"I'm sorry,"

 When I apologized, Viktor clucked his tongue and said, "Tsk. He's not a very nice guy, is he?"

 The first goal is to avoid the bottom of the class.

 If I can get into a higher class, the possibility of being expelled will be reduced, which is a big advantage, but I think it's a little hard to set as a goal.

 Well, I haven't heard the important rules yet, so I guess I'll start thinking about it then.

"The rules are quite simple. If you defeat the enemy within the time limit, you get a point, and the order of the points is decided. The time limit is eight hours. Also, you are not allowed to leave the designated field during the game. Also, once a student is knocked down and is deemed to be eliminated, he or she is not allowed to return to the game.

 She  finished explanation of the rules.

"Are there any particular penalties for being eliminated?'

"No, . Even if your entire team is killed, the number of kills you have made will be reflected in your points.

 If that's the case, there's not much point in focusing on survival and continuing to run away.

 You need to start moving around from the beginning, searching for enemies and defeating them efficiently.

"What's the criteria for dropping out?"

"What is the criteria for being eliminated? If you faint, you're out.

"It's whether or not you're considered incapable of fighting. If you faint, you're out, I think."

"If there are multiple teams with the same points, what happens to the ranking?

"By the way, aren't the opponents and the field of play known in advance?

"The opponents will be announced the day before , but since there is not much information, it is hard to plan for them. Also, we don't know about the field until just before the match . If  we  learn it in advance, wer can set up traps, so they try to prevent that.

"I see."

 I nodded my head as I listened to the explanation.

"So, do you two have a plan?"

 Mireia asks Viktor and me.

 I couldn't think of anything in particular, so I kept quiet.

 I hadn't thought of anything in particular, so I kept quiet.

And Viktor did the same, but he didn't say anything.

"Then may I make a suggestion?"

"Yes, please do.

"I think all the teams will be moving around as soon as the  match starts in order to beat the other teams.

 That's what I think, too.

 In order to get to the top, it's important to beat as many other teams as possible.

 In order to do that, you have to beat the other teams before they get to you. If you take your time, you may find that many students have already been eliminated and there is no way to earn points.

"And every team is expected to act as a team. There is no advantage to dispersing. So, the important thing is how to spot the enemy. And if you can catch them by surprise, it won't be difficult to take out one of the enemy team. If you can defeat even one of them, you will have a four to three advantage, and if you have an advantage in numbers, it should not be too difficult to annihilate the enemy team."

"Is the field large?"

"Yes, the details are being kept under wraps, but they say it's big. I think the reason why the time limit is eight hours is because of the size of the field.

 The field is large.

  Then finding the enemy team will be a challenge.

 It's not an exaggeration to say that the most important thing is to search for the enemy.

"I understand the importance of searching for the enemy. But how exactly do you search for the enemy?

"Well, the only way to search for an enemy is to use magical power detection and sound. I hear it, but no one can do it ...?"

"I can't do that."

Victor said it .

Both magics require advanced skills.

It is a difficult technique to wonder if there are several students, including senior students, who can perform such tricks.

"I'm sorry, I can't do it either."

". I was expecting too much. The next possible method of reconnaissance would be levitation. If we can scout from the sky, we'll have a considerable advantage.

 I can do levitation.

 I'm not going to use too much advanced magic in the academy.

 

 It's probably best to pretend that you can't do it here.

"So, I'd like to ask Abel for help. ......"

 Mireia looked at me and suggested that.

"Wait.

I reflexively say that.

"Why am I supposed to be the one doing the spotting?"

"Because you can fly, right, Abel?"

"I don't remember ever saying that.

"But you did fly when you took the exam, didn't you?

 Yes, I flew when I had a match with Procell.

"Were you watching ......?"

 It's true that there were other students in the hall at that time.

 But this is an exam that most students fail. I was optimistic that it was unlikely that any of the students who passed would see me.

"No, I haven't seen it directly, but I heard it in rumors. There is a student who had a good fight against that Procel. Moreover, it seems that the student has not graduated from junior high school. I thought it was a lie, but Abel reminded me that it wouldn't be strange if  you  could do it ... "

 That Procell is ...... Procell is still famous? It's a good  thing .

 If they're not looking at you directly, you can fool them as much as you want.

"You can fly? ......"

 Viktor is looking at me with a surprised face.

 Levitation is a pretty advanced magic for sorcerers. It's no wonder  he  is surprised.

 Anyway, I don't want people to think I can  fly .

 In order to avoid being exposed as a heretic, I want to hide as much information as possible that might lead to that.

 No, if it's Mireia, who is also a heretic, is it okay if she finds out? However, since there is also Victor here, is it limited to denying it here?

"It's a misunderstanding. It is true that I fought with Procell. , but I jumped high to avoid the attack. Perhaps it came across as an exaggeration. In the end, I was no match for Procell."

"I'm sure you're right. I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.'

"If you understand now, it's okay."

"It's hard to fly, isn't it, Viktor?'

"No, of course not.

"Then the only thing you can do is to observe the distance with a lens made with water magic.'

 It's not difficult for a student who has mastered basic magic to use that method.

Is the fight in an open, unobstructed area?

"He said somewhere on the grounds of the academy, so I'm guessing a forest with a lot of trees."

 If that's the case, it's going to be difficult to spot them with just a lens.

"It would be better to focus on avoiding detection than on searching for the enemy.

"That may reduce your chances of losing, but it will also reduce your chances of winning.

 Well, the match is all about how many enemies you can defeat.

 Even if you survive to the end, if you can't defeat any of your enemies, you're at the bottom.

"Then you should work on the assumption that you will be found."

"What do you mean?"

 Mireia tilted her head.

 Then I spoke my mind.

 

8