chapter 41
2.3k 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The team competition began.

 No regular classes were held on this day.

 The battle would take place in a part of the forest near the school.

 We were told to fight inside a magical  barrier that had been set up.

 Speaking of  barrier, one tends to imagine something like a wall that prevents you from going outside, but the barrier that will be used this time has no such restrictions, and it seems that you can go out if you want to.

 However, if you go outside, the teachers who are administering the exam will know about it.

 If that happens, you will of course be disqualified.

"I'm not sure if this is part of the academy grounds or not."

 While moving to the designated starting point, I was talking to Mireia, who was walking next to me.

"Yes, it is. So it seems that the blessing of the Azot sword can be obtained safely. So please feel free to unleash your magic."

 I nodded my head and said something that suddenly struck me.

I was wondering, "Even with the Azotto Sword's blessing, it doesn't mean you'll never die, right?"

 The Azotto Sword's blessing only enhances natural healing power and makes you less susceptible to fatal injuries. It does not mean that you will not get injured.

"That's right. It's not that you can't die. Even with the blessings of the Azot sword, it is still easy to kill someone if you have the will to do so."

 For example, if I stabbed a person who was already unconscious in the heart with a knife, it would probably kill him or her. Well, I guess no student would do such a thing.

 As we continued our conversation, we arrived at the starting point.

 Each of the other teams had been assigned a starting point in advance, and it was probably about time that the other teams arrived.

"It's almost time."

 Mireia muttered with her pocket watch in her hand.

"Well, then, let's all stick to the plan."

 With Mireia's words, the mission began.

 About an hour later.

 A very simple fort had been completed.

 After cutting down the trees in the area to make it flat, we built an enclosure with Tierra Muro, a wall of earth.

 However, we would not enter the fort and siege it.

 The fort is just a decoy.

 In fact, we were hiding in the forest away from the fort.

 The moment the other team approached the fort, we would attack them remotely. That was the main strategy this time.

 If it was difficult to spot them, we could lead them to find us.

 And they can't expect us to be inside the fort.

 We'll take them by surprise by attacking from the outside.

"Abel, how did you come up with such a plan? I'm honestly impressed."

 While I was hiding in the forest alone, Mireia was standing nearby.

 So, I was the one who proposed this plan.

"What do you mean you're leaving your post?"

 The four of us were supposed to keep an eye on the teams approaching the fort from a distance so that we wouldn't miss them.

 I'm not sure what to do, but I'm going to do it.

 That's why I complained to Mireia, who left her post and came to me.

"I'd like to talk to Abel for a few minutes, but only after the battle is over."

"No, it has to be now.

 I'm not joking.

"You said the other day that you would help me."

"You mean  that heresy thing ?

"Yes, I do.

"Tell me more."

 I stopped watching and focused my attention on Mireia.

 The heretic is a higher priority than a team fight.

"I said there's a false god lurking inside  me."

"Yes, you did."

"To tell you the truth, this false god is not yet in its full form. It needs to incarnate first before it can become complete, and to do that, it needs about ten sacrifices."

"Sacrifices?"

 When I heard the word "sacrifice," I remembered the student council president.

 It was a magic that made moths serve as servants, and at the same time, it was a magic that converted their souls into its own magic power.

 In other words, he could sacrifice a moth to activate her magic.

"Yes, and I'm going to take advantage of this team fight.

"It's certainly a great opportunity.

 In the forest, unlike the school building, we don't have to worry about being seen by many people. It's a great place to go dark.

"I'm hoping that Abel can help me."

 I couldn't answer right away.

  I was trying to figure out the best way to respond.

 My goal is to create the Philosopher's Stone and lift my sister's curse. However, if I can lift my sister's curse, I don't mind using a method other than the Philosopher's Stone.

 If helping to incarnate a false god will bring you closer to breaking the curse of the false god Zoey, then by all means you should help.

"So, what do you want me to do?"

 As a result, I decided to offer my cooperation."

"What?"

 For some reason, Mireia's eyes widened in confusion.

"What's wrong? Mireia."

"No, , I mean, I didn't expect you to help me. ......"

"You're the one who suggested it."

"But it's a sacrifice. ......? You know what sacrifice means, don't you?"

"In other words, you're going to kill someone , right?"

"Don't say that so easily!"

 Suddenly, Mireia shouted at  me.

 Her lips quivered and her eyes widened. It's as if she doesn't like the fact that I said I'd help her.

 It's a contradiction.

 At first glance, Mireia is actively cooperating with the false gods, but in reality, she probably doesn't want to cooperate.

 Well, I've already figured that out.

 Mireia gave me a research document written in code. It contained detailed information about false gods, but why did she give it to me?

 It was a method of defeating false gods, to be exact. If you read that research material, you can figure out how to kill the false gods. The reason why she gave it to me in such a roundabout way as a cipher is still a matter of debate, but she probably wanted to make sure that the false gods hiding inside her would not find out about her scheme.

 Anyway, Mireia said, "Kill me with the false god. That's what she's implicitly telling  me.

 But I'm sorry, Mireia.

 I'm not the kind of person who works for justice.

 My only two  goals are my sister and my intellectual curiosity.

 So I have no intention of killing you or the false god inside you.

 

7