Ch 4 – Training
252 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Satisfaction filled my heart. I was still alone, the moon still brightly shone above me, and I had the newly made magazine in my hand. I slid it into my rugged pocket.

(Who would of thought that Chemistry and Physics would come in handy?)

My stomach growling, I looked towards the river. A family of fish glided elegantly through the water. I didn't want to waste any bullets though, but I was out of MP; I couldn't create a spear or a knife. I felt more exhausted than before, so I assumed that MP directly influenced your "soul" or something. Considering that I felt like I was in hell itself when my MP had dropped to -100, it made sense. Once again, I resolved to never go below zero. 

I made new goals in my mind.

1. I need to increase my MP.
2. A new gun, preferably something more lightweight and less costly to make.
3. I need to LVL up, and see the benefits.
4. Find out my whereabouts.
5. I need to train more, my manipulation and fabrication is currently undesirable and weak; the control was terrible.
6. Train my own body, doesn't matter if I have guns if my body can't keep up with its power.
7. Food.
8. My memories, and this unsettling feeling in my heart needs to be resolved.

(Okay. The most important ones right now is 5 and 7.) 

The exhaustion took over my mind. My MP was still [5/50] even after 30 minutes of waiting. I theorized that my MP returned every 6 minutes, with one MP being generated at a time. 

(Why is it so SLOWWWWWWW!!!!!)

I grumbled in my head as I laid down on my back onto the velvety grass. Pondering, I remember that I still hadn't seen a monster of some sort come out of the forest around me. It could of been the intense fireball that scared them away, but I wasn't sure. Again, a small sense of calmness filled me. It was relaxing just laying in the grass while looking at the glistening stars. It felt like my own paradise. But I knew I had something important to do. It was tugging at my heart, and a sense of alertness rang in my mind. I needed to do something. But I wasn't sure what it was. Not at this current moment anyways.

I waited until my MP reached [10/50] and proceeded to make a small barrier surrounding me like a semi sphere made of water molecules that I borrowed from the lake beside me. The water particles rotated like a basketball being spun on a tip, keeping me safe. I tossed a small rock into my barrier as it ripped instantly into miniscule pebbles. My MP dropped back to [0/50]. I knew that I could only be awake for 10-14 hours before fatigue would take over, so I thought:

(Why not just train while sleeping as well?)

It was a dumb idea, a ridiculous one at that. It seemed impossible, but I didn't want to waste my time sleeping. This weird sense of wanting to train and grow stronger filled my heart. I felt like I was rushing myself, but the unusual desperation for strength bewildered me.

Theoretically speaking, if I lost control of the sphere, i.e. meaning that I fell asleep, the control on the water particles would immediately disperse and fall on me, waking me up. It sounded absolutely retarded, but at the same time seemed kinda fun to do. I could only laugh at myself for being a weirdo. Plus, my MP would regenerate immediately if I let go of the water particles, so in an unusual way, it was kind of a win-win situation; I got to recharge my MP as well as train and get some sleep... well...

(Actually now that I think about it, I probably won't get any sleep...)

And so the abnormal training began.

I woke up many times in the night, being drenched in water each time as it startled me. I wasn't sure how many times I woke up, but it felt like I had woken up about 56 times. I just laughed each time I realised I had failed again. I was drenched from head to toe as dawn broke and I could once again see the bright sun, showering me in warmness. 

============================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Nationality: [Japanese]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Level: [4]

HP: [180/200]

MP: [40/50]

SP: [100/100]

Status: [Cold] [Fatigue] [Malnourished] [Wet]

Skills: [Materialisation]

Title: [The One That Trains While Sleeping: The Weird Maniac]

============================

(Alright status board, I did NOT need that title.)

Sighing, I released the control of the water sphere back into the river. My MP restored, and I quickly made a small flame which quickly warmed my body, and the wet clothes slowly dried. My body still felt heavy, but this time, my mind felt more clearer than the day before. I definitely felt like my control over [Materialisation] had improved, as I could now "feel" and manipulate the skill's power much better than before.

I needed to make a knife of some sort; I couldn't just rely on my AK47, which required bullets. I got to work, visualizing the blueprint and hologram of a survival knife. I generated an 8 inch stainless-steel blade, made from iron and carbon, as well as other components such as chromium and nickel to create its corrosive-resistant feature. Acting as a living human whetstone, I carved and sharpened its one-edged blade, as I abraded the metal edge with aluminum oxide. Finally, the blade was created, as I moved on to making a polymer handle. After 30 minutes, the knife was fabricated. 

MP: [20/50]

I lifted the blade in the glaring sun, the blade stunningly shimmering in the rays. 

(Nice.)

I looked back towards the family of fish in the river. I felt that I would presumably scare them away if I was to enter the river. Alas, another idea popped in my head.

(If I can manipulate the air particles around objects, couldn't I replicate the power of a poltergeist?)

I immediately gazed at my blade with intent, and visualised the air particles around the object increasing with kinetic energy. The blade slowly lifted into the air, wobbling and shaking. My MP dropped to [0/50]; My control was poor, and the air particles could clearly be seen around the knife. I required [Materialisation] to accurately cover the entirety of the blade, like having a 1 mm sheet of air wrapped around it, so that I could precisely maneuver it. But it was better than nothing, and I could train later after eating some food.
Turning back to the fish which swam about 1 meter away from me, I grabbed the blade in a throwing position, as I slowly breathed out. As I threw the blade, I instantly accelerated the knife, as it zipped through the air, ripping through the fish's body, all in 0.3 seconds flat. The fish did not have any time to react, and the blade slammed into the dirt in the river.

Grasping the lifeless fish by its tail and my survival knife in my other hand, I returned back to land, under an oak tree which laid 3 metres away from the river. I prepared the fish, scaling, trimming and gutting out the unnecessary bits. What I was left with was the pure meat, and its flesh seemed like it was gleaming. Looking back to the flame I had created behind me, I stuck the fish onto some sticks and let it cooked. After 10 minutes of slowly reducing and increasing the flame power, the fish was done. My stomach growled once again, as if it was begging me to hurry up and fill it up.

Crunch.

(Yum.)

[New Skill: Ruler's Hand] 

{Author Note: Shut up I know I stole the name from Solo Leveling shhhh}

8