Ch 14 – The Adventurer’s Guild
148 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild!"

As I entered the establishment, burly men of all shapes and sizes immediately glanced at us. There were some women, but the ratio of men to women were much more biased, considering it was the Adventurer's Guild.

At first, I thought they were staring at me, since I was a newcomer. However, majority of the stares were directed towards Adria, who stood beside me. 

As we walked up to the counter, the wooden floor board creaked, and the glowing sun shone through the windows. There was a girl, maybe around her mid-20s, as the receptionist. She felt like a poster girl, with deep blue hair that was braided on the sides, and she held a stunning receptionist smile as she welcomed me.

"I would like to register please."

"Sure! Just put your hand on this mana stone, and then we're good to go!"

I complied, as I placed my hand on the translucent green mana stone. It soon glowed blue, as the receptionist smiled.

"Thank you! Can you please fill out this sheet?"

"Sure."

She handed me a sheet, asking for my name, age, nationality, LVL, titles, skills, and experience.

I listed them down in order. Since Adria told me that I had similar characteristics to the Akashi people, I decided to use it as my nationality, since Japan doesn't exist here.

==================================

Name: [Shirō Shiratori]

Age: [17 Years Old]

Nationality: [Akashi]

Level: [20]

Titles: [The One That Trains While Sleeping: The Weird Maniac] [Major Bloody Orc Killer]

Skills: [Materialisation] [Ruler's Hand] [Blueprint]

Experience: [Able to kill D ranked monsters with ease.] [Good Comprehension of Martial Arts] [Firearm Knowledge] [Good Skill with a blade.] 

==================================

Adria and the receptionist immediately looked with me with skeptical eyes. The receptionist slid the paper inside the mana stone, where it glowed a bright deep blue. They all widened their eyes, as they scanned me from the top of my head to the bottom of my legs, like they were observing me.

"What's wrong?" I asked nervously. I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong.

"...No it's nothing. I was just surprised that you actually killed a Major ranked monster. It's B ranked you know?"

"...Is it really something special?"

They just gaped their mouths at me, as I pondered.

(Sure it was a tough fight, but its movements were so basic and easy to follow...)

"...Well, I wouldn't believe you if it wasn't for the mana stone."

"Huh?"

"This mana stone here just scans for any irregularities, which in this case, false information. And it turned blue when I placed it in the stone, meaning it was clear."

(...Then shouldn't it have reacted if I put Akashi as my nationality? Maybe the world recognises Akashi as the same as Japan.)

"By the way, what is this 'Firearm Knowledge?' I've never heard of this before."

"Oh that... Uhhh... It's just something from my home country. It's basically just being able to fire projectiles."

"I see..." The receptionist gazed at me with suspicion.

I lightly chucked in nervousness, as she proceeded to talk.

"Here are the ranks of the Adventurer's Guild!"

She placed a sheet of paper, as she started to explain the ranks.

=========================

Adventurer's Guild Ranks
Rank 1: [Diamond] (SSS)
Rank 2: [Platinum] (S)
Rank 3: [Ruby] (A)
Rank 4: [Emerald[ (B)
Rank 5: [Gold] (C)
Rank 6: [Silver] (D)
Rank 7: [Iron] (E)
Rank 8: [Bronze] (F)
 
=========================

"Everyone starts at the Bronze Rank. Even if you've killed a Major Type Monster, it's a compulsory rule to always start at Bronze. I would of loved to give you the Emerald Rank, but rules are rules."

"That's fine."

"To rise up in ranks, we measure your trustworthiness, as well as your ability to complete quests. Once we've deemed you as someone that is worthy enough to rise up in rank, we give a promotion test, where we have a higher ranked adventurer / instructor, that will partake in this test to deem if you are worthy. It doesn't necessarily mean to defeat them, but rather as something to show your capabilities in battle."

"I see."

"Obviously, Diamond Ranked Adventurers are extremely rare, and there's only 3 people in the entire world that has this rank. That doesn't necessarily mean that Platinum Ranked Adventurers is worse than them; There's still only a bunch of people that have this rank, and their capabilities are still regarded as one of the best."

She then placed a dogtag of some kind on the table. 

"This here, is called your Adventurer's Tag. The material of the tag serves as an identification tool, as well as a way to inscribe an individual's personal details."

"So I guess the tags are made out of the same materials as their names?"

"Yes, exactly, so for Iron Ranked Adventurers, the tag is made out of Iron, whereas Diamond Ranked Adventurers, recieve a tag made out of Diamond."

"I get it."

"And last but not least, the quest board. It holds all the quests that are given by clients for the adventurers to fulfill. They are ranked from [F Tier] to [SSS Tier], which corresponds with what ranks are allowed to take the given quest. You take the quest off the board, hand it to the receptionist, where we judge if you are alright to fulfill the quest, and then we leave you to do it. The nature and fatality of these requests can vary, including, but not limited to monster subjugation, escort, and investigation. Urgent mail delivery is a common job for the trade. To ensure that the adventurers are fairly compensated, there is a bare minimum sum that has to be offered by the poster of the said quest, as stipulated in the Association's rules and regulations. After you have fulfilled the request, we usually need something that will serve as an identification of completion, such as the ear of a goblin, or the letter of a client."

I nodded my head.

"If you have any other questions that you would like to ask me, please come to receptionist! Oh, and before you leave, take your Iron Tag that I just made for you!"

"Thank you!"

The tag shimmered in the sunlight as I wore it around my neck. Adria tapped my shoulder. 

"Say, I've got to pay you back for saving my life at least."

"No, its really fine. I was just there at the right moment and time."

"I won't have it. I have to pay you back at least. So how about this; Dinner around 7 pm? It's my treat!"

I sighed. I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer, so I agreed.

"...I'll take up on your offer then."

"Alright~ I'll meet you at the Adventurer's Guild at 6:45 pm! See you later!"

"See you later as well, Adria."

I waved her goodbye, before turning back to the quest board.

(Looks like Bronze Ranked Adventurers are only allowed to take delivery quests.)

However, before I could even take one of the requests, some angsty looking men came up behind me, as they sneered. 

(...It's because of Adria isn't it?)

8