1: Lottery
105 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You Have Died] 

...

..

.

Slowly after awakening a person found himself in pitch black darkness besides the light coming down from above his head. While managing to get up and to examine where he was? He found himself starring at the void in front of him. 

Glancing around him the vast empty space could be seen surrounding him, ‘what? How is that possible’, Alex thought to himself. Further checking the surrounding however, brought about a truly beautiful sight. 

While glancing and examining the surrounding Alex happen to take a peak towards his body. To his surprise when he looked down at his body it was as if it held a universe within itself. Galaxies, beautiful nebulas, and stars, could all be seen within, it really would make one lose their trail of thought. Lifting his arm to his front to further view the small spectral. There could seen a variety of different types of galaxies all along his arm but never mind his arm, it was his whole body in a incorporate yet translucent state, with the many stars and galaxies filling the space in between. 

However, truly beautiful it was, and that he found himself thinking ‘It’s magnificent, but where am I truly? Also why is my body like this, and wasn’t there a status screen of some kind just now?.’ Bringing himself out of the the intoxicating state, Alex finally decided to further examine the status screen in front of him.

[You Have Died]

“I have died, yet here I am clearly living? I think you’re lying status screen” He joked to himself. “Seriously tho, what am I supposed to do now like there isn’t anything to do... *sigh* maybe this is a dream, hopefully.” Slowly sighing to himself after his own remark, thoughtless thinking to himself. 

Ding, ding, ding...

...

As if to appeal to his distress, a series of bell or rather maybe a chimes of some kind went off. Bringing Alex’s attention back towards the status screen in air. Which has now changed to displace a different message. 

[Congrats! You have gain the chance to be reincarnation in another world, along with other participants] 

“I guess this will fun? Another chance of life again isn’t so bad... wait, do I even remember my past life?” Seemingly Alex noticed the very serious problem of having amnesia in regards to his personal life details, only remember his name. Yet there was still a collection of memories of objects, concepts, countries, people, thoughts, knowledge, but no memories held any information pertaining to him. Who was Alex?

Ding, ding, ding... 

...

Again bringing Alex of his stupor state, was the chimes or bells? He wasn’t sure either way. Starting back towards the status screen, ‘I probably won’t figure anything out by overthinking things, anyway. Let’s just check this out’, finally deciding for himself. 

[However, due to this unique situation each individual will be given the chance to draw and then pick their desired traits, talents, skills, or abilities of which they can come in a variety of strengths and uses. Also due to this situation the available skills will be greatly expanded including rarity. While one will be generated related to your past life]

[Of course! Completely random to not give unfair advantages to others, and only three!] 

[Before the start of the draw, there are three important things to note, firstly each starting position is completely random upon birth & secondary individuals have been gifted the ‘status’ which can show relevant information at the mention of it’s name]

[Finally, congratulations again. Good luck with your second chance]

After reading though the next few messages which appeared, the option to draw became available after the final message. 

[Start Draw Now (Y/N)]

“Nice, okay so the next step would be to start drawing and hope for the best. Or... instead check out the ‘status’ it talked about earlier. Alright, let’s do that first. Status” Alex said.

.

☆..:*

.

・・・・・・・・・・・・

[Status]

Alex

Race: N/A

Profession: N/A

Alignment: Lawful Neutral 

Trait: N/A

[Attributes]

PHY: 0   MIN: 0   CHA:  SPI: 0

STR: 0.   CUN: 0   PRE: 0   POT: 0

DEX: 0   KNO: 0  INS: 0    MYS: 0

END: 0   WIS: 0   POI: 0    LUK: 0

Free Attribute Points: N/A

Potential Points: N/A

Aspect Points: N/A

Energy Level: N/A

Grade: N/A

[A lost soul in void, coincidentally & seemingly has amnesia. What a terrible misfortune he has, lucky he has been given a second chance at life!!]

・・・・・・・・・・・・

.

☆..:*

.

“Nice remark there at the end, realll nice. Mhmm so a rpg. I wonder if there are any tool tips for these things... oh it’s right there. So the ‘?’ In the upper right corner switches it, hopefully.” Talking to himself again, Alex sates out the obvious. “However, that’s probably what these other tabs are. [Status] so what I’m currently on, okay next is [Talents & Skills] followed up by [Quests], thennn [Favourability], lastly but not least  [Renown]... no idea what that is. Guess I’ll check it out when I get around it to.” Finally moving back onto topic. Alex eye’s move towards the question mark button.  

After thinking of pressing the ‘?’ the status suddenly changes into list format with various descriptions for the [Status] tab. 

.

☆..:*

.

・・・・・・・・・・・・

[Status]

Name: The name of individual.

Race: The species which a individual belongs to.

Profession: Represents the livelihood of the individual. 

Alignment: A categorization of the ethical and mortality perceptive of a individual.

Trait: Often times a trait is a powerful skill or abilities which can create an overarching ‘theme’ however, mind you that not all traits follow the rule. A trait can influence anything and everything however, they are very specific and niche at the same time.

[Attributes]

PHY: Physique - Encompass the various abilities of the physical body such as offensive, utility, and defence. Your body and physical existence in the world. Governing stat for all physical skills and the three physical abilities.

STR: Strength - How much force you can exert. The amount of physical strength an individual holds within. Used to break down doors, bend rebar, or shove someone out of the way.

DEX: Dexterity - Encompass a wide range of abilities to how fast you move, hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and lastly coordination. Used in riding a horse, crossing atop rooftops, or dodging arrows imbued with magic. 

END: Endurance - How much you can physically withstand & endure. An indication of health, associated with resisting poison & disease. Used against poisonings, sword wounds, or other physical afflictions.

.

☆..:*

.

MEN: Mental - An accumulation of an individual’s experiences, memories, and cognitive abilities. Also can’t forget morals, ethics, and own traditions values, whatever they may be. Your mind and mental existence in the world. Governing stat for all mental skills and all three mental abilities.

CUN: Cunning - The ability to understand and utilize the knowledge you have. How smart you can effectively use your knowledge and resources. Used to figure out puzzles, learn new things, or decide which wire to cut.

KNO: Knowledge - How much you know. The gift of memories, useful to the experienced. Used to make connections between disparate concepts, dredge up old memories, or memorize a ten digit number. 

WIS: Wisdom - A judgement of will. Understanding yourself, morals, ethics, everything you can to come to know. How much you can mentally withstand. Used to prevent stress reactions, make decisions without emotion, or meditate. A defence against mental afflictions. 

.

☆..:*

.

CHA: Charisma - A measurement of a person’s combined character (Personality). Encompass physical attractiveness, persuasion abilities, and lastly personal magnetism. Governing stat for all social skills and the three social abilities.

PRE: Presence - How well can one use their social influence. How likely other notice your presence. An assignment of how well can one exert their own willpower onto others. Can be an indication of physical attractiveness. Used to convince merchants, intimidate bandits, or plead for your life. 

INS: Insight -  An intuitive gift to be able to pick on the small in life. How well can you read people. Used to uncover a secret, call a bishop's bluff, or avoid being stabbed in the back. 

POI: Poise - How well can you withstand other people character. An ability to subvert one’s emotions, or keep in others in check. Used to withstand interrogation, keep a blank face during a hearing, or keep dry eyes during a wedding.

.

☆..:*

.

SPI: Spirit - An expression of a person’s subconscious will, the soul. A person’s natural ability towards supernatural abilities & forces. Used to protect one’s self from against supernatural forces & soul attacks, maybe fate will protect. Your spirit and soul existence in the world.  Governing stat for all soul skills and the three spirit abilities.

POT: Potency - The size and power of a person’s soul. Everyone has it, yet it can never been seen, touched, heard, unless you already know about it. Influences the amount of strength of a person’s soul. 

MYS: Mystery - The in intrinsic ability to sense and tap into supernatural forces and abilities. A person’s attitude for the supernatural. Used as protection against the supernatural & soul based attacks. 

LUK: Luck - How lucky you are, maybe fate favours you. Influences everything, governs nothing.

.

☆..:*

.

Free Attribute Points: Free points to spend on attributes. Gained though leveling, training, items, and quests.

Potential Points: Points to used on skills of abilities to upgrade them to Max. Gained though leveling, items, enlightenment, and quests.

Aspect Points: Are special points used for a multitude of things, namely Growth, Evolution, Accumulation, Theme, and Creation. 

Energy Rank: Represents the capacity a individual has for energy, their total energy. Often an indication of strength. 

Grade: Represents the grade a individual’s strength and weaknesses together. A clear indication of strength. 

・・・・・・・・・・・・

.

☆..:*

.

‘It’s a lot more than I originally thought. I guess there are some rpg elements but overall how the attribute work? I’ve got no idea at least particularly besides a general idea going off the descriptions.’ As he thought to himself regarding the information.

“Mhm, well moving onto [Talents & Skills].” Alex said. After changing tabs, more descriptions began to avail themselves to him. 

“So unlike the status screen, talents and skills are separated further into three groups. [Profession], [Racial], and [General], alright, pretty straight forward.” Explaining to no other than himself. 

After reading the various descriptions, he thought to himself silently ‘status’ which much like he expected disappeared. So upon further evaluation you don’t need to yell status, go figures. Taking his attention back towards the floating messages, he decided to move forwards get ready for the draw. After a nicely timed, hype session dedicated to himself, he glanced back at last two messages before him.

[Lastly, congratulations again. Good luck with your second chance]

[Start Draw Now (Y/N)]

“Well, here goes” He said to himself in a somewhat resolved state, slowly moving his weirdly cool looking finger. 

.

☆..:*

.

・・・・・・・・・・・・

 [The drawing of talents & skills are completely random, hopefully you get a useful one. The drawing of the talent or skill will now begin] 

[Randomizing... 

...

..

Complete!] 

[Please select three from the five options below as follows] 

1. [Hunter’s Boon] - Trait: Born to be a predator, you have the intrinsic gifts needed to find your next meal. Able to see tracks of the marked, see the weaknesses of opponents. 

2. [Troll’s Blood] - Legendary Racial Skill: The famed regeneration of the trolls, said to be able to regenerate limbs, maybe even your head. 

3. [Dual Welding Proficiency] - Specialty: Can weld any two weapons with proficiency. 

4. [Night Vision] - General Talent: The intrinsic ability to see at night, as clear as day. 

5. [Star Guided] - Trait: You seem to hold a special place within the hearts of the stars, as if they are speaking to you, guiding you along your destiny. Greatly raise affinity to anything related to the stars. Passively guided by the stars, gain a growth bonus to LUK. 

・・・・・・・・・・・・

.

☆..:*

.

(Alex POV)

“Alrighty, well some of these are definitely more useful than others, maybe...” Alex muttered to himself. “Okay so basically what can guarantee my survival in this new world, mhmmmm well [Troll’s Blood] sounds good. Maybe a little suspicious if someone find out however.”

Seeing that I can only pick three out of the five, I definitely gotta pick the best out of them. I wonder in regards to the traits, if I can have two of them? Both [Hunter’s Boon] & [Star Guided] seem pretty interesting, so follow that up with [Troll’s Blood] and there’s my insurance. On the other hand [Dual Welding Proficiency] would definitely take practice and time to gain though conventional means, however the three I choose won’t be changed. So I wonder, what will I pick?

6