Chapter 1: Who Am I?
197 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a unknown forest inside of a huge black tower that  pierced the sky and seemingly had no end seemed to distort the space around it making it cloudy ,rainy, and cold.  

Many mages were huddled around a malnourished boy with a disheveled appearance strapped to a chair with lots of cuts on his handsome face with emotionless eyes that were red like blood and hair dark as night that reached his neck. There were cuts everywhere on his body some were shallow while some were so deep you could see the bone. He was attached to many machines that glowed and a magic circle surrounded all of them.

Suddenly the silent atmosphere was broken by a loud shout.

Mage #1: Why has he become more unstable?!

In a trembling voice another man replied.

Mage#2: I dont know sir he was just fine yesterday day.

Mage #1: Check his mental condition his magic has somehow surpassed ours and is growing stronger and more unstable.

Then suddenly the magic circle started glowing and cracking everywhere.

Mage #1: SHIT! He's gonna fucking blow RUNN!

all of the mages tried to run but to no avail. The entire tower had disappeared along with all of the mages they were all disintegrated. However, strangely enough the boy remained unharmed and free from his shakles. His unconscious body awoke and his trembling eyelids opened. Then suddenly he said in a hoarse monotone voice.

????:finally i am out of that place. 

He struggled to remember what happened right before the explosion all he remembered was a flash then, he saw a man that resembled him with a more mature appearance and an aura of a king that demanded everyone kneel before him fighting against titans the size of planets and seemingly had infinite powerful. yet, while he was fighting he turned around and said only one sentence. 

"Be strong my son"

He thought it was strange that he didnt remember anything before he was 6 but it made a little sense now. He was ths son of someone strong he didnt know who they were but, he knows that ever since he was 6 he was constantly tortured and experimented on in that tower.

He always dreamed of getting out however it seemed impossible.

Until now...

Now he was free from that dark wretched place. Now there were bright colors everywhere the dark clouds were replaced with with a blue sky and radiant yellow sun and tall green trees were everywhere in sight. 

He stared blankly at the scene mesmerized by all of the natural beauty. Then, suddenly a sharp pain hit his head. His head was being overfliwed with all types of magic like fire godslayer magic wind godslayer magic and many more god slayer magic. He even got death magic and life magic. The pain seemed to tourment him for a lifetime while in reality only 5 hours passed. After all of this his mind hained clarity and his emotionless eyes seemed to gain a light. It was joy he was out he knew he was out but this time it was diffrent he fully understood it. He was free.

Yes what he wanted this entire time freedom. He couldnt help but smile widely. After, his state of joy he realized how dangerous his situation was he needed food, water , and shelter and to get away. He didnt know if those mages had any more as backup far away from here and were on thier way.

So he took off running in a random direction running for hours until his belly started growling. He relized he needed food so he looked for an animal to kill and eat. He decided this was a good time to try out some of his magic. The one he wanted to try sounded the most destructive. 

Death magic sounded destructive and fierce it was a concept that while most know of can't fully comprehend. He saw a small beast that had a fluffy tail and long ears he tried to use death magic and it came easy to him. 

He looked at the beast hand pointed his hand to it then finally whispered.

-[Trail of death]-.... At that moment. A thin thread of smoke escaped from his hand and made it's way toward the beast and immediately all of the grass it touched dried up and died and as soon as it hit the the beast it fell to the ground and was being covered in black smoke  until it left a lifeless corpse. The effect wasn't as strong as he imagined this might have been because his understanding of death was shallow but as soon as he killed the beast he felt his compression in life and death go up. However, he also felt a sort of hunger not from him but from his death magic. It made him want to kill more living things and make him sucumb to it. His arm started turning grey and his veins turn black. He didnt know how to turn his arm back so he tried satiating the hunger by taking more lives. So, he started using death magic on his surroundings like on the trees or grass. When he was out of that state he was panting and sweating heavily.

He smiled wirly

???: seems like ill need to practice my magic more to control it .

 He then walked slowly up to the animal and used fire with a stange black tint to it on the grass next to it and controlled it to not be too strong. He then held the beast above it and cooked it. 

He over cooked it... the beast was dry, tasted plain, and felt like rubber. He then went to a nearby river he saw earlier and took mouth fulls of water ultil he was satisfied.

He decided to use death magic for another 5 hours against trees and grass to practice it. While he didnt want to be overtaken by the death magic he felt he could control it, no he had to control it.

Afterwards, he kept walking in a random direction while figuring out more things about his magic. Of all of his magic the magic of life and death seemed the hardest to comprehend and also the hardest to control. He felt tired by night time and laid comfortably on a tree and took breaths of fresh air. Slowly drifting to sleep till the next day.

9