Chapter 2: Joining a Popular Group in the School
365 11 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Join my discord server if you want the notification of this story's update https://discord.gg/KX9uDyQqRZ

 

Baek Hyeon fixed his glasses and looked at a random girl. She put an annoyed expression on him, but he didn’t care about her at all. The glasses showed a screen of her ID information.

Name: Random A Girl

Ability: -

Power: 1. Agility: 1. Defense: 1. Energy: 1. Spirituality: 1. Total: 5

“Trash,” Baek Hyeon muttered low enough, so people couldn’t hear him.

Professor Namgoon Hyuk made the glasses. It could see legal information of people. The professor said it would help Baek Hyeon with his investigation.

Baek Hyeon looked around and thought maybe he could find a decent person.

Name: Random A Boy. Total: 7. Name: Random 123. Total: 5.

Baek Hyeon felt disappointed with people of this class, but he had expected their inferior quality. After all, he entered a normal science high school in Seoul. It used to be a favorite school, but after the appearance of hero high school, this school lost in popularity and even became bad because of the students.

Baek Hyeon entered this school for a certain reason, but that was a story for another time. He lowered his standard and felt impressed to find a decent person in this class according to his lowered standard.

It was an ordinary-looking woman with neck-length black hair and wore glasses just like him.

Name: Hwa Young

Ability: -

Power: 1. Agility: 2. Defense: 1. Energy: 3. Spirituality: 5. Total: 12.

She didn’t have ability, but with her stats, she could acquire one. However, her total stats weren’t enough to become an elite hero.

Hero association had a standard for stats. 5-10 poor grade. It was the grade for ordinary people. 11-15 average grade. People with this grade could acquire a supernatural ability and made their life easier. 16-19 talented grade.

Even Baek Hyeon only possessed 19 total stats. In this world, he had encountered three people with 20-22 genius grade. His siblings and Blood Demon.

“Do you have an ability, Namgoong Jin?” the teacher asked, and everyone suddenly paid attention.

Baek Hyeon held his breath. He entered the school in this ordinary form because of Namgoong Hyuk’s request. The professor asked him to not stand out, but he didn’t want people to look him down more.

Baek Hyeon smiled. He took out an ID card from his pocket. One could get an ID card as a minor as long as they possessed an ability. He showed it to everyone.

“I have. It is not an important ability, though.”

Everyone became excited, and even the girls looked at him in a new light.

“Let me see.” The teacher suddenly snatched his ID card from his hand. “[Fox Eyes]. Your total stats is 13. You can try your luck to become a hero too. What is the usage of your ability if you don’t mind telling us?”

“That’s fine. I don’t want to be a hero, but I want to enter Hero Support University. They are as rich as heroes and live a more comfortable life. My ability is simple. It allows me to see supernatural existence for example people’s guardian spirits.”

“Guardian spirits?”

“Anyone born with a guardian spirit. They do nothing really, except for some extraordinary ones. However, you can change your life for the better if you know your guardian spirit. For example….”

Baek Hyeon’s eyes changed from brown to purple, and his pupils became vertical. He looked at Random Girl A and saw a perverted old man with a bloated body.

He ignored that girl and looked at Random Girl B. There was a pretty princess wearing an expensive dress behind her.

“Your guardian spirit is a princess. This means you can become popular if you work hard.”

“Really?” Random Girl B said with beaming eyes.

“Hey, you saw my guardian spirit, right?” Random Girl A asked.

Baek Hyeon ignored her and turned at Random Boy A. He saw a famous boxer doing shadowboxing. “Your guardian spirit is Muhammad Ali. You are suitable to become a boxer. Work hard.”

Random Boy A jumped excitedly when he heard that. Everyone stood from their chairs and approached him. They demanded him to see their guardian spirits, and even the teacher was curious. In the end, he served all of them.

During the rest time, he had become famous. People from other classes came to him. Baek Hyeon regretted his action a bit. The professor made an ordinary form for him, so he didn’t stand out, but he did the opposite of his wish. Namgoong Hyuk would b!tch at him for sure.

The situation became chaotic. Some people couldn’t wait longer and pushed the line. Girls who didn’t accept rough treatment complained.

As he thought of charging them, the situation became quiet suddenly. The line divided, and three boys wearing black blazers approached him.

“So, you are the one with the ability to see supernatural things, Namgoong Jin,” said the guy in the middle

“That’s me. Who are you?” Baek Hyeon looked at his information at the same time.

Name: Nam Dong-wook

Ability: Bullet Fist (Builder)

Power: 2. Agility: 3. Defense: 2. Energy: 3. Spirituality: 2. Total: 12.

The man’s stats were the best so far in this school, and he had an ability too. For a school of this caliber, the man might be the strongest student.

The boys behind him scolded other people and told them to come back to their classes. They obeyed those boys. Baek Hyeon looked at the name of the blazer. Guardian Hound.

“Sorry for the commotion. We are from the Guardian Hound group. My name is Nam Dong-wook the Vice-Captain. Our Captain wants to meet you.”

Baek Hyeon’s classmates looked at him with awe. They didn’t feel scared of Guardian Hound. It might not be bad, so he nodded. “Okay.”

“We are not a dangerous group. We are just a group made of people who want to become heroes. Oh? You said okay. Then, let’s go.”

Those three boys guided him to the canteen. Baek Hyeon spotted a group of people wearing the same blazer as them. They approached them.

“You finally come, Dong-wook,” said a shirtless boy with tattoos on his shoulders.

The boys behind Nam Dong-wook put their hands on the back and bowed. “Good work, boss,” they said, even though the boss did nothing.

“I have brought the boy, Tae.” Nam Dong-wook pointed at Baek Hyeon with his thumb.

Jung Tae, the Boss of Guardian Hound, looked at Baek Hyeon and smiled. “So you are Namgoong Jin. Welcome to this school. I have heard about you from the headmaster. Come sit. We even have bought you meals.”

There was a chair for him. Baek Hyeon didn’t hesitate to sit and eat. It was lunchtime, too. However, he put his guard because this group was polite, unlike thug groups he read on manhwas. He looked at Jun Tae’s information.

Name: Jung Tae

Ability: Iron Body (Builder)

Power: 4. Defense: 5. Agility: 3. Energy: 3. Spirituality: 4. Total: 19.

If Baek Hyeon previously gave Nam Dong-wook a mercy compliment, Jung Tae’s total stats really surprised him. The boss of Guardian Hound was a talented grade like himself. He didn’t understand why someone of his caliber joining this school and not a hero high school.

“My name is Jung Tae. Ever since the headmaster told me about you, I have been putting my eyes on you. I want you to join Guardian Hound. What do you say, Jin?”

“Okay.”

Jung Tae laughed loudly. “Not even the slight of hesitation. Are you sure you want to join us?”

“I saw people’s reaction when they looked at you guys. They respect you, but they don’t fear you. That means Guardian Hound isn’t a dangerous group.”

“I like your honesty.” Jung Tae leaned forward and tapped Baek Hyeon’s shoulder. “Welcome to Guardian Hound, Namgoong Jin. Hey, Dong-wook. Gives him the blazer. Hehe, I have prepared the blazer for you, Jin.”

Nam Dong-wook gave him the blazer. People were excited to see him, so Baek Hyeon immediately wore it. There was Guardian Hound's name on the left chest and his name on the right chest. Just like that, he became a popular person in this school on his first day.

“I have a favor, Jin.” Jung Tae whispered, “Can you see my guardian spirit?”

“Sure.” Baek Hyeon’s eyes turned purple, and he saw a Chinese general behind Jung Tae. “Your guardian spirit is a great general. You are suitable as a leader.”

“Really? Damn, I know it. I am so cool,” said Jung Tae confidently.

“Is that all your favor?”

Jung Tae blinked as he looked at Baek Hyeon. “Yes. Your ability is cool and brings happiness. Heroes bring happiness to ordinary people. That’s the reason I want you to join.”

“I see.” Baek Hyeon observed Jung Tae. After getting betrayed by his mom, he became sensitive to liar people. That was how he knew the Guardian Hound’s boss didn’t lie. He was just a straightforward person. “Heh.”

“Come on, Guys. Who wants Jin to see your guardian spirits?” Jung Tae shouted loudly that everyone in the canteen could hear him.

With that, people asked him the same favor just like when he was in the class, even non-members approached him too. Baek Hyeon could escape after a while by saying he wanted to go to the toilet.

Baek Hyeon went to the toilet in the canteen. He looked around to make sure no one was around. His body became invisible. He walked past the wall and arrived in the backyard. Luckily, no one was here, so his body turned normal again.

Baek Hyeon took his phone out and called Namgoong Hyuk. “Hello.”

“You stupid kid! Why are you drawing attention? I made your form ordinary because I want you to keep a low profile!”

Baek Hyeon picked his ear because the professor’s voice was so loud. “Oh, so you have found out, huh?”

“I am watching you, Hyeon. Do you forget why we are infiltrating this school?”

Baek Hyeon grinned. “It is because you want me to live normally, right? I do that right now.”

“Well….”

The professor sounded guilty. In the end, he was a father-like figure before a crime partner. “Just a joke, professor. I need to find one of the four super rookie villains who is a student in here and recruit him. I still remember my quests here. After all….”

Baek Hyeon looked at the blue sky. He felt comfortable here, but he had a mission. “I am a villain.”

 

Click love and leaves a comment if you like this story.

16