Chapter 4: Pandora
199 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join my discord if you want update notifications and some spoilers of this story. Don't forget to click the love button to show your support for this story.

 

Baek Hyeon, Nam Dong-wook, and Jung Tae put a fake mustache and black glasses they had bought at a random shop and infiltrated every club and red shop. Jung Tae was kind of bad with conversations, so Baek Hyeon dealt with it.

Their investigation didn’t bore fruit so far, but they didn’t give up. In the next club, people danced to DJ music. They went to the bar and investigated the bartender.

“What is your order, fine sirs?” the bartender man said as they sat at the bar.

Baek Hyeon put money on the table and said, “Three orange juices, please.” This was already the seventeenth time they ordered orange juices. Jung Tae paid for it.

The bartender squinted his eyes at them, turned back, and made three orange juices. As the bartender did the job, Baek Hyeon asked a question.

“Sir, do you know where we can get Blood Demon Serum?” Baek Hyeon asked directly, making his friends surprised too. He was just bored to be subtle.

The bartender widened his eyes, but his expression became normal again. He put three orange juices on the table and said, “I don’t know.”

Baek Hyeon knew the smell of a liar ever since his mom betrayed him. The bartender lied to him. He knew about something. He looked at his watch and said, “Already 8.00 PM, huh. I want to go home.”

Those three grabbed their glasses, drank them empty, put them back on the table, and left for the restroom together.

In the restroom, Jung Tae tapped his shoulder. “Jin, are you bored? You were going subtle before, but this time you asked him directly.”

Baek Hyeon smiled. “You can trust me, Tae. I know that man lied to me. Oh, I am going to use the toilet. All those drinks made my stomach ached.”

“Oh, no,” Jung Tae said worriedly.

Baek Hyeon locked the door, but he didn’t take off his pants. He became invisible and passed the door. Jung Tae and Nam Dong-wook washed their faces and chatted. He left the restroom and walked to the bar.

People didn’t order drinks at the bar, so the bartender played with his smartphone. Baek Hyeon sighed. “I should have used my ability from the start.” His body emitted purple light, and he turned into a white fox with five tails.

Baek Hyeon immediately became mist and entered the bartender’s head. He suddenly arrived at a black space with countless shooting stars that were containing the man’s memories.

Baek Hyeon engulfed the space with purple mist, and the bartender’s memories flashed in his mind. He saw a scene where Invisible Guy’s minions made a transaction with a customer in the restroom. Invisible Guy went to the second floor with an otherworldly pretty girl. He was familiar with her.

“Pandora of One of the Four Super Rookie Villains! This is more troublesome than I thought. What is her business with Ten Demons?”

Baek Hyeon got out of the bartender’s head and turned into a human again. He walked into the restroom and the toilet room. He unlocked the door and met Jung Tae and Nam Dong-wook.

“Damn, did you poop hardened like Jung Tae’s iron body?” Nam Dong-wook asked.

Nam Dong-wook’s joke couldn’t bother Baek Hyeon. He immediately said, “The second floor! Invisible Guy is on the second floor!”

Jung Tae didn’t doubt him a bit. He immediately rushed out of the restroom.

“Damn, let’s go, Jin! Oi, wait for us, Tae!” Nam Dong-wook shouted and followed Jung Tae.

Jung Tae pushed people who were on his way and ran to the stair. However, the guards noticed the ruckus and chased him. “Oi, where are you going?” one guard shouted.

Jung Tae turned back. He was about to fight them, but he saw Nam Dong-wook. “Please hold them back for me.”

“Damn, you are so reckless!” Nam Dong-wook complained, but he stopped and faced the guards.

Baek Hyeon realized those guards were just normal humans, and they weren’t a threat to Nam Dong-wook. He followed Jung Tae to the second floor.

There were many rooms on the second floor. Jung Tae darted his eyes, feeling confused about where to go. “Do you know where is he, Jin?”

Baek Hyeon saw a room with the sign ‘VIP’, and he randomly pointed at it even though he didn’t know the exact location of Invisible Guy.

Jung Tae’s body turned metallic grey. He rushed toward the room, and the guard of the room was already prepared for him. Baek Hyeon looked at the guard’s information.

Name: Elite Guard

Ability: Crescent Moon Beam (Wizard)

P: 3. D: 2. A: 2. E: 4. S: 1. Total: 12

“Be careful, Tae. He is an ability user too! His ability is….”

As Hyeon said that, the guard made a slashing motion. A crescent beam flew to Jung Tae, but the latter completely ignored it. The beam crashed against his body and disappeared. It didn’t even leave a scar.

Jung Tae punched the man’s belly as he ran forward. He slammed the man against the door and forcefully opened the room. Three people were inside the room, and one of them was Invisible Guy.

Jung Tae threw his bag upward and tore it with his hand. Flour spread throughout the room. The woman in the room jumped to the otherworldly pretty girl and covered her. Invisible Guy used his [Camouflage], but the flour stuck on his body, making him visible.

Jung Tae hooked Invisible Guy’s face, making him crashed against the sofa. He sat on his body and grounded him with punches. As the flour dissolved, and the room came back to normal, the Invisible Guy already passed out with his mouth opened wide.

Jung Tae wiped his face and smiled with content. “See? That was easy. You don’t have to worry about me, Jin.”

“Tae, stay away from them!” Baek Hyeon shouted.

Jung Tae turned his head at the woman who protected the otherworldly pretty girl. He widened his eyes. “Aren’t you the noona we have met? So, you are Invisible Guy’s colleague. I am sorry, but I won’t turn a blind eye toward injust—”

“You are wrong about us, Oppa,” said the otherworldly pretty girl as she pushed the woman aside, revealing her face.

Jung Tae dropped his jaw at her presence. In his eyes, her height was around his chest, her breasts were huge, and her complexion looked pale. It was the very type he liked.

“We aren’t with him. He forced us to serve him. You have saved us. You are my hero,” Pandora said with a touched voice.

Jung Tae’s face reddened like a tomato, even though she only said that. “I—I am just doing my job as a hero.”

“Oppa is very cool. Then, can we go? He terrified us.”

“Of—of course! Want me to guide you?”

“Don’t worry about us. Doesn’t oppa have another thing to do?”

“Oh, you are right. Be careful on your way.” Tae waved at them innocently.

Baek Hyeon only stood quietly as they walked to the door. He looked at Pandora’s information.

Name: Pandora

Ability: ???

P: 1. D: 1. A: 2. E: 3. S: 5. Total: 12.

Crimes: Mass murders of civilians, assassinations of politicians, and connection with Ten Demons.

Baek Hyeon would never have thought that her total stats were so low, but she should have to make up with that with her ability. He didn’t have any grudge against her, so he let them pass by. Their eyes met, and she smiled seductively.

Baek Hyeon and Jung Tae didn’t move until they disappeared to the first floor. After that, Jung Tae checked Invisible Guy’s condition. Baek Hyeon walked to the curtain that covered the other half of the room. It contained a bed, wardrobe, make-up table, and mirror. It was just like a lady’s room. When he was looking around, he found a girl’s school uniform on the bed.

“That Pandora is a student of my school!”

……

Pandora and her companion just arrived on the first floor. Nam Dong-wook dominated people who were coming at him, and visitors watched their fight from the sides. He moved his dominant hand and suddenly many jabs hit the guards at the same time.

Nam Dong-wook’s ability was [Bullet Fist]. It allowed his hands to achieve a speed comparable to that of a bullet, and added with his base agility, he could throw several punches in one second.

The guards fell in one hit. However, more people came to Nam Dong-wook. Those guards were just normal humans, so the man could evade all of their attacks. He stepped back several times to face all of his opponents on one side.

“You guys can stop now,” Pandora suddenly said, and they stopped. Everyone paid attention to her, and they looked stunned. “They already defeated Invisible Guy.”

“You bitch! Why did you look unharmed? You must have abandoned him.” One guard said. He was the only person who didn’t look stunned at her charming appearance.

Pandora felt amused. She met two people who could resist her charm today. The first was the man on the VIP door, and the second was this man. She closed her eyes, realizing the world was so diverse.

“Oi, stop it. Don’t you know she is one of the four super rookie villains, Pandora? We work with Invisible Guy for money, anyway.”

Hearing her name, Nam Dong-wook felt something amiss. He braced his heart and shouted, “Where are Jung Tae and Namgoong Jin?”

She smiled. “They allowed me to go. Now, we will take our leave.”

Everyone made a way as she walked, but the guard who shouted at her stood in her way. “So you really abandoned Invisible Guy! I will kill you!”

The man rushed at her, and Pandora’s companion panicked. However, Pandora kept her cool. As the man brandished a knife at her, she suddenly touched the man’s wrist, and he collapsed on his back. Pandora snatched his knife, knelt beside him, and stabbed his head. She stood again and walked to the door without batting an eye at the man she had murdered.

Pandora heard the commotion in the club, but it was none of her business. She blended with people on the street. No one paid attention to her because she had changed her form. She currently had neck-length black hair and an ordinary face. Her form was the same in everyone’s eyes. She was none other than Baek Hyeon’s classmate, Hwa Young.

“Unnie!” Pandora’s companion arrived at her side. “I was worried because you didn’t use your disguise ability when you went outside. Luckily, you remembered.”

“I am not a fool, Mina. I should have chosen another form, though. I am already used to this identity as a student.”

“I am sorry, Unnie. Didn’t you leave your uniform in the VIP room?”

Hwa Young smiled. “Don’t worry, Mina. Let me tell you a secret. I planned to destroy the club from the start, those boys help me speed up the process.” She showed a plastic bag of blood demon serums underneath her purple yukata.

“Unnie, are you serious about this? You may offend Ten Demons.”

“We will erase our existence as an owner of that club. We will get stronger because of this. It is all for the sake of assassinating that person. Now, let’s press the trigger of the bomb.” She took out a remote button from her yukata and pressed it.

……

Baek Hyeon grabbed the uniform and smelled it. He didn’t have any dirty intention and did this, so he could investigate things about Pandora later.

“Hmm?” Baek Hyeon noticed something on the bed. The uniform had covered this black box, but he knew that thing. “Bomb! Jung Tae, run! There is a bomb!”

Nam Dong-wook suddenly entered the VIP room. He found Jung Tae kneeling beside Invisible Guy. “Oh, I am glad you are alr—”

Boom. Boom. Boom. The entire club exploded several times. Hwa Young had planted several bombs in the building. This incident had taken out every civilian in the building, and the hero association blamed Pandora for this. Only two people survived.

7