Chapter 1 Part 2
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mason did not know whether he wanted to laugh or cry. He was so exhausted and his body felt weak but Doctor Ian was surprisingly generous and gave him a light meal to eat. It was some bread without much flavoring as well as dried meat. Mason looked at it as if the food given was the most precious thing he had and it was really the case from his perspective.

"Don't eat it too quickly. Just do it one at a time, you hear me?" Doctor Ian warned.

Mason nodded. He knew why he had to eat things slowly, his body was not used to get a large amount of food after a long time of hunger. If he was greedy and eat the whole given light meal, he was sure that things would not end well for him. Then he walked out of the building before another pair of strange clothing people escorted him out of the vicinity.

Meanwhile, he checked the strange window notification.

[50%...51%..]

And strangely, as Mason chewed on one of that meal, he felt satisfaction. He swallowed the thing inside his mouth and strangely, he started to feel his tummy was not so empty. Since he already did his part, he wanted to rest back at his residence. But before that, he returned to check things with Mister Harold.

"Done with the test?" Mister Harold's interest was piqued and asked Mason after seeing his figure coming inside.

"Well, part of it at least. I don't know how many tests there are so I am not sure about completing them. Do my identity also registered...is that term right?" Mason asked using a term that he often saw but barely caught its meaning.

"Of course! Do you think anyone involved with the government from the Federation will not get their background checked? Don't worry, the fact that you can participate in the test is the proof of your credibility." Mister Harold leaned his body slightly from behind his work desk.

But sadly, Mason did not know what kind of term Mister Harold was using or the meaning. He could only nod blankly, mulling over the term he had heard and connected it to something similar in his head.

"Thanks, Mister Harold. I should go back since the compensation for the test is enough for me to live, ugh my legs feel so heavy..."

 

-

 

Mason returned to his humble house. He felt so tired now and his body demanded to lay down that he arrived at home. He laid down on the floor and covered his body with a dilapidated quilt, the one kind that had been patched so many times it looked unsightly.

When he closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep, without his knowledge the system announcement was progressing faster than ever.

[70%..]

[80%..]

[90%..]

[100%...complete integration of the system]

[The host is fully integrated with The Transmigration System. Calculating the scenario and world suitable for the host's current condition...complete]

[Integration Ability will be unlocked when the integration process is complete...prerequisite objective achieved]

[Due to the first time the host obtained the system, Integration Ability is activated and the system rewarded the host with ability <Universal Language>]

<Universal Language>

The host will be able to understand any language sentient beings or beasts use. This is one of the most abilities one wanted to get due to its versatility and the system deemed this ability necessary to be bestowed to the host. This ability is working with both existing or newly created language.

[The System is connecting to the host consciousness that had fallen deep...successful attempt]

Mason who started to feel comfortable suddenly had a strange dream. In that dream, he saw a familiar window screen in front of his eyes. His only thought was that his mind was deep in trouble now that he dreamed this. But since this was a dream, he wanted to try something he did not dare to do in reality.

The window panel showed this information.

[The Transmigration System congratulate the host for obtaining ability <Universal Language> for the successful integration of the system]

[The host can select a world to be transmigrated into. For the moment, only one world is available to choose from]

[Note to host before transmigrating:

-Due to the unique feature of the system, most of the memories during transmigration will be stored in the system data and can be recalled anytime the host wanted. This is for the host's safety and well-being and also the standard operating procedure of the system.

-Some of the abilities of the host transmigration identity can be transferred to the host's real body with a certain mechanism.

-The system use <Karma Point> as the virtual currency for the host to use]

Mason took a long look at every announcement. He even read the thing a dozen times before he grasped the meaning of the word displayed. He checked the system features one by one. First, he checked the ability <Universal Language>.

'This ability is really useful. There are times when Mister Harold welcomed some people with a different language and I don't understand them at all. If this ability is true to the description, I am really fortunate.'

After that Mason checked the second feature of the system. It was about <Karma Point> and where it could be used. Then the system as if reading his intention swapped the display on its window panel to everything related to Karma Point. Of course, his KP on the display was zero, no more and no less.

'How do I get more Karma Point? Is this also something that I can get during transmigration? By the way, what is transmigration?'

Mason only had that thought and a piece of new information about transmigration appeared on his head. Then Mason realized that transmigration in the system dictionary meant something.

'Transmigration, the meaning in the system is actually to move my consciousness to possess a body for my identity. It is my consciousness that is migrating from a being to another. Fortunately, the knowledge I have can be carried over without any consequences.'

After Mason made up his mind, he wanted to look at the world he could transmigrate into. This was because he wanted to know how the system worked when he wanted to transmigrate as well as what effect his action could do to raise his Karma Point. He did not know how but he felt that Karma Point was extremely important for him. Despite the virtual currency, he believed that the system could convert something that did not exist in him to be truly part of him.

The window panel then showed the first world he could be transmigrated into.

[Martial World]

Then Mason confirmed the choice and the next option made him think hard and long. The system then explained a bit about the option available to him.

 

[Select your desired race: -Human  -Goblin -Slime]

Human: A race that rated average with average potential. The host's real body is that of the human race and recommended to choose for familiarity.

Goblin: A race that rated average, average potential, and advantageous in searching for fortune. Foreign race to the host.

Slime: A race that rated low and average potential. Its basic body form is that of fluid and has a life core as its vital point. Foreign race to the host.

Mason only saw a glance at the other two options before he chose the human race. This was the first time he used the system and he indeed had to familiarize himself first before digging deeper into the other thing. At least until he understood the entire process, he would consider choosing the human race. He confirmed his selection and the window panel changed once again.

 

'What is this?' Mason saw another thing that startled him. The thing that showed up this time was the status of the identity he would possess and this made him seriously contemplate things.

[Select the status of the host's identity: -Commoner(0-1000 KP)   -Royalty(1000-10.000 KP)  -Imperial Family(10.000-100.000 KP)  -Divine Descendant(1 million KP)]

'I want to try this. System, general explanation please.' Mason formed his thought. This time, he could convey what he wanted to the system easier since he found that the system was meticulous.

Then, the system explained the general definition of the term. The status in the display screen was not just in terms of social status but also of certain authority or power quality inside the identity. Commoner, for example, the system gave Mason information that this status was the lowest but also the cheapest. Basically, it could be that his identity was no different from Mason's current life or it could be a decent family but they were just not powerful.

Royalty and Imperial Family also worked that way, even Divine Descendant was also set similar to that. As for the differences, Mason had to experience it himself to know exactly the difference between options.

 

With no choice, Mason chose the status of a Commoner. After that, the system gave a reminder to Mason.

[Host, this is your first time using The Transmigration System and the third option is not unlocked until the host completes his first transmigration. Therefore, the host consciousness will be transmigrated after three seconds of last selection]

[3...2...1...transmigrate!]

Mason then only had one thought, 'This is my sweet dream in my long life.'

Then he saw nothing. Everything was pitch black, something that Mason himself could not describe started to envelop him before a dot of light flashed and everything was returning to how Mason usually saw things around him. But then, he wanted to shout but not a loud voice came out...

Instead, it was a strange voice. It was light but a bit cheerful that Mason found it strange. Then he noticed something strange, his entire body felt off and his sight was lowered a lot than he remembered...

"My little Kumba, don't make me worry so much!" the voice came from behind and Mason knew that a woman was approaching his position.

'Who is she?' confused, Mason looked at the woman and realized many things. First, his body was actually smaller, so small that he found out that he was actually a baby.

'My body is...this small?' second was the drastic change of his own body and the environment surrounded him. The wall that he saw looked like leather used to make a small tent. Then he recognized that the woman called 'him' but with a different name. Mason then understood a bit about transmigrating his consciousness. His body was not his true body but the body of someone else.

"Your Father just returned from group hunting. Let's meet him together." the woman said while looking at Mason in adoration. Mason also saw maternal love overflowing from her eyes and faintly realized who she could be.

'This body...has parents?' Mason was someone who did not know who his parents were and grew up without parental love and care so finding himself in this situation made him at a complete loss.

After that, the woman carried Mason out of the tent and Mason saw several tents made from leather and several people with clothes made from the mix of leather and large leaf. There was also a person who had a kind of feather on his shoulder, shouting something to the people around and they executed it immediately.

"Look Kumba, that's your father!" the woman then pointed toward the place outside the encampment. Several men with large stature and well-developed muscles carried large animals on their shoulders without difficulties. Among them was his body's father.

Only after the men started to disperse that Mason realized who the father was. He was large, his hair was a bit long and braided, on his shoulders was an animal Mason did not know but it had small horns and looked like herbivore kind. His right hand carried a club and on his back was a simple bow and quiver filled with several arrows.

 

"I am back." he greeted the woman before his gaze shifted toward Mason. Then he smiled with pride and gentleness before patting Mason on the head.

"How's the hunt?" the woman asked softly while she carried Mason back.

 

But unfortunately, Mason felt his body become weaker and his eyelids heavier. When he realized that, sleepiness dawned upon him, which he could not resist before he fell asleep. The woman knew about this and placed the baby down to the most comfortable place inside the tent.

"Kumba is falling asleep?" the man said with a trace of pity in his voice. He wanted to play with his child but it came to this point, he did not have the heart to wake the baby up.

"He strolled around again. You know that our child is the type to move around while he wakes up and this should be around the time he tired and wanted to sleep." the woman replied while she sorted the result of this time's hunt.

 

-

 

Half a year passed without any issues. At this time, Mason sorted his thought and learned a bit about the language the people around him used. He understood at first what they were saying, even if he did not know what language it was.

'Is this the effect of <Universal Language>?' Mason felt fortunate that he got this ability. He understood everyday conversation and the thing his parents taught him faster. Due to this fact, the people around paid more attention to this.

"Little Kumba can understand what we are talking about! Look, look!" the father raised Mason's small body to show his child. The people he wanted to show then smiled after seeing the baby in the father's arm flailed its little arm around.

Mason indeed moved his arms but it was because of discomfort. His expression should be also one that showed similar emotion but then Mason could not understand completely what happened as he started crying out loud.

"Calm down, Little Kumba. Don't cry." his father tried to soothe him but the baby kept crying. Several people surrounded him and made things much worse. Then a hand reached towards the small poor baby and put him to her embrace.

"He is not feeling comfortable. Mommy is here, it is more to your liking and tranquil." the mother rubbed the back of the baby while the voice of the baby still echoed, it started to fade as time passed. In the end, the baby looked at the mother with a tear-stained face and an adorable look.

"We're sorry, madam." the people around them apologized and one of them gave something to the father. Then Mason saw the object in his father's hands and wanted to grab it. The baby extended his small arms toward it and everyone noticed.

"Eh? Little Kumba, do you want this?" the father asked in excitement. Even the mother also smiled softly as she brought her child closer so he could grab it.

Mason faintly knew what the object was. It was a small-sized slingshot made of wood. Despite the size, there was a unique engraving on its body and Mason was amazed by this piece of art. He tried to pull it and the people who saw him were amused by the sight.

"Little Kumba, watch this. Look at how it is done." the father then demonstrated how the slingshot was used, the thing it could use for shooting a target. Of course, Mason paid attention to this as he realized that his body's father was quite good with it. Not only that, but he also knew a thing or two about the thing the slingshot was capable of.

In his hands, the slingshot became a small ranged weapon capable of hitting the target accurately.

Thus, Mason started his days of using a slingshot as a toy to be swung.

'It cannot be helped, I have to act a bit clueless first before slowly revealing my understanding. I should not do something that will cause me to be implicated in anything unnecessary.' Mason thought as he kept thinking about the situation of the tribe he lived in.

"Kumba is a good child of our tribe, indeed! Kumba, this is uncle Motho." a middle-aged man waved his hands slowly in front of Mason who was playing with his slingshot and this made him turned and looked back.

"Mobo..." Mason wanted to talk but his voice was not clear enough and this was the result. Motho was smiling while telling him a tale that the tribe often spread to their descendants. It was about the beasts that the tribe Mason part of, as well as the other tribes, did not want to encounter.

 

"The first beast is a large four-legged giant as big as a small hill. Its tusk can shatter our tools that are made from the finest stone and its strength rivaled that of dozens of our finest men. We called it 'Megamammoth and it is roaming in the Icy Plains.

"The second is staying in the Mossy Mountain. It has blue-colored fur with golden pupils, half larger than the rest of its pack but in terms of strength, it is weaker than Megamammoth. People named it 'Blue Wolf King' and the most troublesome of these beasts is the fact that it is intelligent and cooperates with its pack to hunt.

"The third, it is actually a recently discovered beast that is said to migrate from Grey Swamp. It is a giant snake-like creature and we do not have a good name for it yet. If possible, our tribe will make a plan to hunt it on our own. But the other tribe also spotted it and we can only cooperate." Motho dejectedly said.

 

Mason took note of these three monsters in his mind.

'Megamammoth, Blue Wolf King, and Unknown Giant Snake...how can such creatures be so strong?' he also had this question in his mind. From what he observed so far, the able people of his tribe were truly strong. They could lift heavy stones and even the finest of them could snap the neck of the Cheros, a unihorn creature that is widely known to have a strong defense.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0