Chapter 1
512 14 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Are you sure?”

“What else can we do?”

“But it doesn’t feel right, she didn’t do anything to deserve this.”

I’m currently listening in on my new parents, they seem to be having an argument over something. I’m concerned about what my mother just said, it sounds like they may be talking about me and not in a positive way.

I don’t understand how, or why, I got “reborn” like I did, or why I seem to have no personal memories from my past life. Isn’t there going to be some god or something to explain this to me? That’s not always the case in the stories I’ve read but come on! I need an explanation here!

One day, after coming home from school, I felt strangely tired. I went to bed for a nap but next thing you know I’m being born again. That was a strange day alright.

Since then, I’ve grown up to the age of five. It was a shock to be reborn for no reason, but when I found out I was in some weird fantasy world you better believe I was speechless... and not just because I hadn’t learned how to speak yet either.

In fact, there were quite a few more pieces of news that had me wide eyed, despite the confusion on my parents’ faces when they saw a wide eyed baby while talking about the most basic of things. First off, I was born female. I might not remember a lot about myself before, but I’m pretty confident that this was a new addition... or subtraction I guess.

Next, from the whole huge mansion and such, it would appear that my family were nobles. I don’t see any siblings or anything but they could just be older than me and not live here anymore.

I am a human, like my parents, but I’ve seen that some of the servants have animal characteristics or are in some other way different. It’s pretty cool actually, and they don’t seem to be enslaved either so that’s a plus.

Speaking of myself, while I may not be old enough to tell how everything will turn out, so far I’ve grown long, straight, dark brown hair that falls to about halfway down my back. I’m pretty short, but then again I still have plenty of time to grow. My skin is fairly pale, but my eyes are brown so luckily I’m not a vampire or something. Overall, if I do say so myself, I’M CUTE!

I think it was a plus that I was actually born into this world rather than just getting dropped off into a random body. I doubt I would have handled things like a gender change that well otherwise, and I’ve learned a little bit about the world this way too.

There’s even magic in this world and everyone has at least some in them, whether or not they actually train to be able to use it. There’s no system or anything like it from what I can tell and I don’t think there’s one being hidden from me either.

I feel like I’m forgetting something...

Oh yeah, that concerning conversation between my parents. And here I am going on about the anomalies that are my existence and this weird world.

I looked back through the door I cracked open to spy, but it seems they left already. Maybe this wasn’t the best time to reminisce, I missed what they were talking about and it sounded important too.

Oh well, the past is the past and I’m tired... My mind may have also regressed a little with my body. Don’t judge me! I’m only slightly childish. Besides, you’d be tired too if you were up this late with the body of a child.

After that little internal rambling, I started walking down the hallway to my bedroom. On the way there, I took a moment to look at the decorations that line the halls. There are armor stands holding full plate armor, realistic paintings, big fancy rugs, and a lot of golden things. They are nobles but is this really necessary?


I fell down onto the side of my bed with a thud. Yep, that’s still one bonus of having rich parents, everything is super high quality. High quality compared to what normal people would have at least.

My room isn’t the biggest, but it’s by no means small... or lacking in decorations. I even have my own balcony! I’ve enjoyed this life so far, that may be because of my lacking memories surrounding the previous one but how am I to know? I’m happy right now and that’s fine in my book.

I crawled up to the top of my bed, then stuffed myself under the blankets. Good night, me.


My head feels awful, what happened? Why is everything so shaky? And the floor’s so hard too... the floor? I try to get up but find that my legs can’t move. What’s going on?

I looked around and saw what appeared to be the inside of a wagon. Looking down I saw that my hands were tied. That’s not a pun, there’s rope around them. I can only assume the same to be true about my feet as well... Well this sucks.

What happened? How did this happen? Did someone sneak into my room and kidnap me? Or is this what that decision that I should’ve been paying attention to was about? Now that I think about it, it’s probably what they were talking about. But why? Did they hate me, it never seemed like they did. They have golden decorations in every room so I don’t think it was for money either.

Whatever, that’s not important right now. Where am I being taken? Is there a way I can get out of this? I don’t happen to see any convenient sharp objects back here to cut this rope with. Is this the end of the nice little life I’ve been having up until now? If I was willingly given up by my parents then I definitely can’t go back to the mansion.

I really don’t think I could overpower any of my captors or outrun them even if I was free, so what can I do? Maybe they’re friendly? Yeah right, I’m doomed. What did I ever do to deserve this? I wish I could remember my past life to see how much I must have messed up in it.

Hmm? The wagon stopped. Are we already there? How long have I been asleep... and internal monologuing? I can hear some people talking outside, but can’t make out what they’re saying. Oh, someone’s walking up to me. Too bad there’s a cloth over my mouth.

He put his hand on my forehead? What? Oh, I’m starting to feel sleepy again. Hey, hey, you know too much sleep is bad for a person, right? I was just asleep, LET ME GO!


Ugh, this again. The floor’s even less comfortable than last time too! Metal prison bars? Check. Stone floor and walls? Check. Other prisony things? Check. Well, I don’t really think I have a say in how things go anymore, and not even because of the cloth that’s still over my mouth.

How did this even happen? I was living a very happy second life what felt like half an hour ago, and now I’m trapped in what looks like a prison cell. There’s not even a bed in here and even if there was, I couldn’t get to it. Could they not have taken off the rope when I was placed in this cell?

There isn’t even anyone here right now. I don’t know if I was expecting an explanation or something, but it doesn’t look like I’m getting one. Why can’t someone just mess up and leave something sharp nearby the prisoner so they can cut their restraints off! Not that that would even help me now.

Welp, guess I wait now.

 

And wait...

 

Did they just kidnap me because they could? Where are they? Come on!

I really don’t want to fall back to sleep again. Hurry up!

 

I really only wrote this because I was bored and wanted to see if I would enjoy writing. I can't guarantee that I'll make more but I did find this fun to write. Also, if anyone does manage to find this somehow, feel free to state your opinion or basically insult me. I don't care that much about comments unless they're actually trying to help.

I feel bad if I don't continue this. I mean, I didn't even get to the point where the title makes sense.

12