Chapter 8
135 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: The guildhall

 

“What’s up with that guy, seriously? “
After I agreed to the proposal, the Lord had given me the letter of introduction and a new pair of fresh clothes. At first they had given me quite a short skirt, but after telling the maids some lies, they agreed and had given me the kind of clothes I want to wear.

“But still it’s a skirt… Not that I care, a combination between a skirt and a short seems fancy, plus this new loose wool jacket and a nice shirt too. “
What I’m currently wearing is a knee-length skirt, a nice polo sleeve-less shirt, and a loose jet-black jacket made from wool like my obsidian-colored hair.

Considering that all of these came from a wealthy household, I’d guess this thing must’ve costs quite a price. Currently, I’m alone, or should I say being watched by the butler from a safe distance? I have another sword apart from my self-made one given by the lord; it’s a creation of my father he happens to come across.

“I’d say those robbers sure are selling my father’s creations at such a cheap price huh?” I already knew from the start that my father’s creations are going to be well circulated for a while since the robbery event, thankfully the lord agreed to help me locate those thieves and capture them.

“But still father’s creations are the best; I know that little blacksmiths dare to be an adventurer and be killed. But that’s that, it won’t stop me from being one” as far as I know, The Lord told me that blacksmiths from their time had also become successful adventurers.

Anyway, as I was talking to myself, I had arrived at the adventurer’s guild safely. The playboy from before wasn't near here either so I think I should be safe for now or maybe he is waiting to ambush. I may never know, as making a commotion inside of the guildhall would bring penalties to both parties.

“Hello and welcome to the adventurer’s guild! Are you here to register miss?”
“Um yeah.. So... Here”
I haven’t conversed with such a pretty lady in a long time! So forgive me as I was so shy that my hands were shaking..
“is that a letter? Who Is it for?”
“The Lord said to give this to the branch manager”
“Oh the lord! Right, I’ll be right back please wait for a moment”

As soon as I mentioned the lord, the receptionist left with haste. Now that I’m waiting for her, I had some time to go scan the place. At some point in my vision, there was a rather large board where papers were hung on pins with big letters on it and images, maybe something like subjugation from what it seems?

The desk where the receptionist sat was just a large crescent desk and a glass cover distancing the receptionist and the people who go in front of them. On the other hand, there were a few dozen tables and chairs where parties of 3-5 sit and discuss their goals.

“Their armor doesn’t look too shabby either, but my sword is superior” in truth, I just wanted to distract myself from the pieces of armor they wore. Some were covered whole and some had their bodies covered in a thin cloth.

“Oh hey missy, care to join our party? We don’t have women in ranks and I'm afraid our only woman mage is having a hard time ahahahaha”
A rather attractive guy asked me, followed by a male archer, A male tank, and another swordsman just like this guy who asked me, Lastly was the sole female in their group who liked like a mage covered in a red scarlet robe.

“Sorry but I’m not yet an adventurer”
I tried to refuse as I want to work alone and I want to save up as much money as I can to melt that titanium at home.  The man went ‘I see’ and asked me to go see him whenever I changed my mind; It’s not a bad choice either so in the future I think I’ll stick to them.

“Well, I hope missy here can pass the qualifications then, Good luck and see you next time”
“mm” I nodded with a smile and the guy suddenly froze up. I walked near him and looked over his body; there wasn’t anything wrong with him though?
“Um.. Um.. Yeah! My name is Xavier nice to meet you! Now then we make our leave, bye!” 

“That boy sure looked tense didn't he Miss Estella?”
“Eh? Who?” I looked behind me, and the receptionist who had just left came back with warm eyes. Wait, don’t tell me at that time when he froze, it was because of me!?

“Anyway, how did you know my name?”
“It was in the letter, Well congrats! You don’t have to attend the qualifications as the manager had permitted you to choose one of these quests to pass, doesn’t it sound easy?”
“Nah I see… “So normally you have to attend some kind of gathering and be personally checked? And since my class is a blacksmith, I don’t have to show my skills and as a class without combat skills, this is actually helpful without the eyes pestering me. Quite the smart move the lord made.

“So please put a drop of your blood on this tag and the registration will be complete”
“Do I have to?”
“do you want to pee on it?”
“I think I’ll just stab my throat”
“Good luck, want a knife?”
“No need”

After that exchange of words, I was given a needle to prick my finger in and the tag itself. Thus, when I had pricked myself and smudged the blood on the tag, it somehow gave off a violet hue and the color of the tag changed from bronze to black and silver.

“A tag symbolizes a person’s characteristics so it will be easy to identify that person if he or she were to go missing or lose their tags. “
“That makes sense, a lot of people never come back from the woods”
“fufu is that so? Then please choose one of the following quests as your first”

What she gave me was 5 papers each containing its own contents. A collection quest, A subjugation, helping the nearby village or helping blacksmiths

“Subjugation please”
“Right’o… Wait, what? “
“Do you have a problem with that?”
“ no.. it's just that the quest given is above that of a newbie you see? These are all ranked D or even C depending on the type”

Now now, I have never heard of that? Ranks?
“Ah I see so miss Estella doesn’t know huh? The Rankings consist from F to A, The latter is called S, which only the Ruler type class could handle so it’s out of the ordinary.

Beginners start at G rank while passing the qualifications will boost you up to F if you happen to pass. From then on, you should collect calamity points and rank up by completing the quest depending on the difficulty”

"Calamity points?" I asked with a tilted head. 
"Quests are also given their own ranks right? in F rank quest, it's about 100 calamity points. Calamity points can be used to increase the user's ranking, but that doesn't mean you can skip the strength test." 
"Eh? " 
"Well, for Miss Estella's case. It is okay for you to start and accept a higher quest right away, but I advise you to pick a lesser one since we don't really know your strength yet" 

“Then I should be fine for now”
“I know that Miss Estella is a special submission, but Humans also have their limits unless you have a class stronger than the common ones. Now that I think about what is Miss Estella’s Class?”

“Let’s just say it’s more about slicing than grinding”
all I have is my sword and nothing else, The clothes provided by the lord are all magic imbued with protection so it’s a bit sturdier than steel and much lighter of course.

“If that’s what you want then I have no choice. I’ll treat you with some food if you come back safely”
“then that makes me relieved that someone is waiting for me”
“…”

And this time too, why did the receptionist freeze up?

 

5