Chapter 10
86 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Le Hunt begins!

 

“What would you like to get miss?”
“ do you have any water pouches?”
“sure thing, for a medium-sized one it is around 50coppers, but for miss, I’ll cut that down to 40. How about it? “
“30”
“35”
“deal”
“thank you for your patronage”

 

After my business at the guild, I had gone around the town buying some things to prepare for my quest. The goal is to kill a giant snake, a giant snake that can live for hundreds of years. And killing it isn’t going to be easy either, luckily the receptionist explained what I needed to do to defeat one.

“What you need to do is to avoid its tail, it's very fast and the scales at the tail are tougher than iron. I’m not saying that it is iron, but how the scales are placed makes them look tougher than they actually are.

Next is its charge attack, it hurls itself up into a ball and charges at you when you least expect it. It is a vicious attack so I recommend you hide between large trees when that happens.

And lastly is its venomous spit, this one is easy to avoid and the snake has no way to defend itself while it does it. It opens its mouth really wide, and in this state, the snake itself is vulnerable for 5seconds until it closes its mouth again. “

She explained. So following that, I am now retrieving my original sword from a stabbed boulder. Then I covered it in leathery clothe so it wouldn’t shake as much. How did it arrive there you ask? Christian accidentally dropped it there, it was sharp enough to impale a rock with its own weight even though it’s actually lighter than a candle due to its frame. 

Another thing is,
“Miss Estella!!! Where did you go! Please don’t leave me next time!”
“Ahaha, Sorry Noelle. I just had to go do some errands, Tomorrow I have to leave to do something. Don’t worry I’ll be back in a week”

Noelle’s eyes were tearing up like that of a child. Jeez, this is why I can’t stand crybabies. But that's what's cute about her so I don’t really mind. And at the next day, Noelle was in front of the house with the sword I made for her equipped on her waist.

“This, What are you doing?” I asked as Christian appeared from the shadows of the building.
“The Lord had permitted for Lady Noelle to accompany you on your quest to defeat a rather large snake”
“So you knew huh? Even though you were following me the whole time”
“Eh?”

It had already been days since I got the new skills you see? Or rather the <Recall> skill has a function that puts markings on anyone I want and can sense their presence. How did I know? It was reflex.

Christian had been appearing out of nowhere recently and it is giving me bumps, So I thought if I could somehow be able to locate him no matter the circumstances, and then a window appeared right in front of me.

<Recall has been activated> it said, and suddenly a small window from the corner of my vision kept showing arrows, and ultimately it all pointed towards this creepy man.

Up to this day, I still don’t know the other two skills, or rather how to even activate the status window again, After all, I’m not an <Inspector>. So for now, what I’m doing is registering marks on the people close to me, like Noelle.

“I’m surprised that Lady Estella knows of my existence even though I’m currently masking my entire presence thanks my Class” So his CLASS is some related to espionage, that’s why he was so good at showing at places you would not expect.

“So can you explain to me why is Noelle going?”
“Excuse me?”
“the thing I’m about to defeat is a formidable opponent that kids shouldn’t face”
“ohoho, So it seems Lady Estella haven’t seen Lady Noelle’s abilities before”
“Is she really that strong for you to let her leave just like that?”
“With utmost certainly”
“Fine”

I suppose I have to trust this man for now and look out for Noelle. I assume he’d follow us anyway so it wasn’t that big of a deal. After the little talk, Christian once again disappeared into the shadows.
“Still as creepy as ever, Anyhow let's meet with Noelle. She must be fuming hot right now, aha”

Walking out from the shadows of the mansion, I came out from the front gate where Noelle was eagerly waiting and greeted her.
“Where are we going?”
“Ahaha... Somewhere, someplace far-far away from here”
“Is that so… I’ll miss Neko-san… “Neko-san who? Isn't that the doll you’re always holding when you’re asleep?

“We can walk on foot, but riding a carriage would be faster. And I have to do something else before we totally leave”
“and what is it?”
“I’ll visit the shop and get my stuff, they will prove useful”
“I see! Then let’s go already!”

“Oh wait, Lady Noelle, Please bring your plushies. They might ease you in your travels” and then as if we’re not expecting anything, Christian showed up with Neko-san in his hands and a few more briefcases.

“Oh humph! I’m not a child anymore!”
“We certainly can’t deny that, hmm?”
“…”

Even these two weren’t related or anything, the two showed signs of grandfather to daughter relationship. Or more like everyone in this household showed great respect to Noelle and her father.
“Oh and Lady Estella. Please take this letter and open it after you have completed your quest. Anyhow, Have a safe trip”
“Eh, Ok. See you soon, creep “
“Being called so indecently by such a beautiful girl, I’ll remember that “

With smiles and laughter’s we finally left the city and embarked on our journey with the two of us together. Of course, we had a horse and a cart following us around as I drove the horse alone in the front seat why Noelle happily observed the beautiful scenery upon us in the back.

 

 

“Are you sure you didn’t want to see them, my lord? “
“A great calamity will befall soon, I’m afraid having such attachments will only hinder her growth. And with Estella at her side, it feels as if our travels when we’re only kids had come true once again. “
“ Then I shall stay beside my lord until my death “
“Fufu don’t say that Christian, Noelle will get angry at me you know?”
“That child is like a granddaughter to me, So of course I just wouldn’t want to waste my life to an irresponsible lord would I?”

“Hahaha, your thoughts are spilling out! I may regret this decision later, But you won’t disagree with me would you?”
“You did what had to be done “
“Then that’s fine by me, I hope my little gift will help her in the future”
“You mean the letter? “
“Yes. “
“Are you sure about that?”
“I’m scared, yes, But if it's what will keep the two together then it's fine by me. It’s a precious clue which will certainly provide her with information “

“Master, The enemy has been spotted 2days away from the city!”
“I see so we don’t have much time then”
“I’m afraid so, my lord”
“I would like to drink some wine “
“I’ll have it certainly ready”
“Thanks”

Hello, sorry if I wasn't able to upload for a week. I had some personal matters to attend to, But I hope that everyone was fine and good. Anyways, Thank you for reading! 

2