Chapter 12
55 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: A rare Catch!

 

It was already morning when I opened my eyes, a rather noisy girl was complaining outside of the carriage so I took a peek while rubbing my eyes. Noelle was already awake and was facing another person who was caught by the wires I had set up.

“I told you to release me now!”
“Eh? Why would I?”
“Because you can!?”
“I don’t want to”
“Muu!!!”

Really, Noelle can be merciless sometimes huh? Anyway since all that commotion was happening outside, I dressed up in my normal attire and stepped foot outside of the carriage.
“What happened Noelle?” I asked.

“This person tried to catch me”
“No, I’m didn't!?”
“ I see.. “

Since the two were in a quarrel, I left the two to talk to each other while I prepared the carriage so we can leave. Since I had lowered the hood of the carriage, I tried to put it back in place by myself but it proved useless since I need another hand to help me pull the rope that held the hood.

“Oh hey Noelle come help me here, we're leaving”
“Oiiii Don’t leave me here! I’ll pay how about it!? Just release me from this thing!”

The wires I had set up last night proved useful; as such the girl right now in our face is stuck. I made the wires to capture any intruders but never thought how useful it would become in such a situation.
“ahh? How much” I replied, As soon as I said that the gloomy expression the trapped girl was wearing soon washed off.

“50 silver coins. no! 10 gold coins!”
“No thanks, Come on Noelle let’s leave”
“Okay”
“Is it too little!? How about 100 gold coins!?”

As far as I heard, The princess has blonde hair and blue eyes, which perfectly matches what this girl looks like. I had known from the start, By how she solves her problems with money she seems useless as a princess.

“I have no intention of receiving money from someone who doesn’t understand the situation they’re in. Don’t you know that slave trading is common around these areas?”
“Oi don’t tell me…Eiik! No! Papa, Mama! “

“Big sister please don’t make that face”
I was hiding my grin under my hand, but it seems that Noelle had caught me off guard. Well no worries, I had no intention of selling her from the start. I was just teasing her for being so naughty.

“Don’t worry I won’t do that, Anyway princess Depending on your answer I’ll release you. So what were you doing here? “ I sat in front of the girl and offered her some beef jerky, The girl gulped for a moment before munching on the meat I offered.

By how she looks, she seems famine. Isn’t she the princess? How could they leave her starving like that?
“a Coup happened two days ago and I was ordered by my father to flee. So far all I’ve been doing is running as far as I could until I saw the campfire you guys made.

It was cold outside so I immediately ran for the heat, but then I was caught off-guard by these things! Put me down! “

Coup de tat? What happened since we left? Isn’t the capital like days away from here?
“Big sister..”
“Don’t worry we’ll be fine in the countryside, Now princess I assume you have guards with you, no?”
“By the way, How did you know that I’m the princess!”

“Regarding the rumors that she is notorious for spending money needlessly, I’d assume much so”
“Guh!?”
“So my answer?”
“We were being chased! They stayed behind to protect me… Viel..”

This child has been through a lot huh? She may never know the current affairs of the kingdom’s internal conflict. Alright for now, after my business with the snake is done we’ll go back to the city and go from there onwards.

“So your name then? “
“I thought you knew me?”
“just the princess part”
“Alexis “
“Mine’s Estella and she’s Noelle, Come on we’ll bring you with us for now until we return you”

Alexis's face wasn’t that of a princess, but a poor child neglected by their parents. Well if that’s what she thinks, But haven’t she thought of what would've happened if she were to stay anyway? I don’t know…

And so a new comrade has been added to the party. I untied the bindings that covered her, as soon as I had done that all the strength in her body gave up. Well, she did mention that she’s been stuck since last night right? Then wasn’t she in a posture where it was hard to relax… Oh no.

“Oh hey! Wake up we still haven’t discussed the payment! “
“Big sister, It seems She has lost consciousness”
“Jeez, another kid. “
“And me?”
“You’re special”
“I see”

Noelle made a squirrel face with her teeth visible outside of her mouth and rubbed her chin. I feel like this child doubts me. Anyhow, Now that Alexis has lost consciousness I first placed her inside of the carriage and covered her in a thin sheet of wool so she won’t catch a cold.

And then after all that was done, We dispersed the remains of the campfire and tied the horse to the cart where I immediately ordered it to walk away. Since Alexis mentioned that someone had tried to go after her, I’m afraid we’ll have to be careful in our every step or else Noelle will be in danger.

I also need to test out silver-chan after all, I named my rapier that.

“Big Sister, I’m hungry”
“Oh yeah, we haven’t eaten any breakfast yet, have we? Can you wait for a little while? We need to find a suitable place to park “
“Umu”

I squinted my eyes and scanned the entire area, And then suddenly a spark appeared in my vision and disappeared as if nothing had happened.
“What was that?” I don’t know, but I don’t have time to wonder as I have found another carriage with a familiar set of faces.

Steering the horse along, I parked the carriage near the other carriage.
“Oh, it’s Miss Estella! Fancy meeting you here, What are you up to?”
Xavier, the guy whom I met in the guild was with his party preparing to leave.

“Nothing in particular just a snake hunt”
“Oh, I see! If I remember correctly isn’t that area collides with the path we are going to? “
“So what are you guys up to then?”
“We’ve come for an escort mission”
“Then where is the guy you're guarding?”
“Right Here”

Xavier pointed out a young man, rather a merchant by how he seemed. Half of his face is covered by hair, and he looks rather thin. Well, wouldn’t it be safer to tag along with them then?

“Big Sister what’s happening?” and then Noelle came out from the front of the carriage and asked me.
“Aren’t you hungry? I know these guys so I parked near them for now, Come down and help me make breakfast”
“Okay!”

“Is she a relative of yours?”
“nope, but She’s an Acquaintance. We left rather in a hurry so I forgot to cook breakfast hahaha...”
“I see. Then the only female in our group may help you out! “

Xavier ran off to somewhere and brought in the girl I saw with them last time, Red hair and bright red eyes.
“So you’re Miss Estella, Yes? My name is viole, I’m a mage of this group of weirdoes”
“Yes I’m Estella, My class is a..” Crap, what should I use for?
“Big sister is a 'Mania'! " 

3