Chapter 1
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a time when a pair of lovers was envied by many. They loved each other to death and spent their time blissfully. Their looks were ordinary, their living environment was pretty average too. All their qualities were average but what was outstanding was the passionate love they held for each other. No matter how many people tried to break them apart, they held firmly to each other, eventually, their love won in the end.

One time, a witch who craved love witnessed their romantic antics and was filled with deep envy. She then decided to kidnap the one of the pair in hopes that she'd receive the same intensity of love the man was giving to his partner, named Eros, but to her dismay, the man was devoted to his partner and never yielded to her.

In her rage, she cursed the man that if he ever got close to Eros, one of them would die. The man was distressed and begged on his knees to the witch that she should let his Eros off and he would willingly suffer in his place. The witch was still angry about getting rejected so she also rejected the man and informed his partner, who was relentlessly looking for him about the curse.

Eros felt extreme heartache and did the same as his partner but the witch also rejected him. The witch then decided that to unlift the curse, Eros must undergo 3 trials and if he succeeded she would never appear before them again. However, in the event that Eros was unable to complete the trials, the soul of Eros' man would belong to the witch. Eros accepted the witch's condition without hesitation.

The first trial was to get the Garnet gemstone in the cave filled with poisonous snakes. It was said that if one was bitten by a snake from that cave, they would fall into an eternal sleep, never to wake up again. Despite knowing this, Eros braved his way into the cave and was successful in retrieving the gemstone but he almost lost his life by doing so. Thankfully, the phoenix fire he prepared saved him from danger.

The witch was hoping that he would fail but when she saw him successfully retrieve the gemstone, she was extremely displeased so she raised the difficulty of the 2nd trial. It was about retrieving the precious red camellia flower in the sea of flames located in the southern region.

Eros went on his way to the southern region and steeled himself as he crossed the raging sea of fire. It was burning so hot that the sweltering heat even evaporated his sweat. His skin gradually suffered from burns but he didn't give up and finally managed to get the camellia flower.

When the witch saw that Eros once again completed a trial, she was seething in rage that she directly sent him to the next trial, which was the harshest of all. Eros, despite not getting enough rest, still went ahead for the final trial.

The 3rd trial was about getting a cupful in the fountain of youth in the dark regions. The fountain of youth's existence was only rumored and there wasn't anyone who can actually prove that it exists. It was said that drinking from the fountain can grant you an eternal, youthful life. Even though it's existence wasn't credible Eros still believed that he could find the said fountain. 

It took him years to finally locate the said fountain and was extremely delighted that he could finally meet his man again. When he presented the cup to the witch, the witch smiled at him. When he asked for his man, the witch presented his man lying in a coffin.

His man was already dead.

Eros was horrified by this and wailed in agony as he held his man's corpse. The witch was amused by this and heartlessly laughed at him.

"You promised me that you'd give him back to me so why?!" Eros was so angry, so sad and hurt that his sanity was about to snap.

"You little fool. I promised that I would lift the curse but I never said that I'd give him back to you alive. I also didn't take his soul so I didn't violate our promise." The witch laughed at his misery.

The witch drank the water from the fountain of youth as she watched Eros cry his heart out. However, what she didn't expect was that Eros poisoned the cup he gave to her since he knew that this witch would do dirty tricks on him but he never thought that she'd kill his lover. The witch died on the spot and Eros just looked at her with dead eyes as she fell on the floor.

He took the poisoned chalice and drank the remaining contents as he laid beside his lover's corpse, promising his undying love for him as he breathed his last.

The Almighty God witnessed Eros' passionate love and was moved so he took Eros soul and appointed him the title of 'God of passionate desire' as he granted him beauty and eternal life. Since then, Eros became the very symbolism of love until the present time.

"So that's how Eros' story went. As time went by, he also garnered several monikers. Like 'cupid'." 

"Mom, do you think I'll also find a lover like Eros?" The boy asked his mother with deep anticipation in his eyes.

The mother chuckled and brushed his hair away using her hands as she smiled gently at him.

"Of course. In time, you will. That's all for bedtime stories so good night. You still have school tomorrow." The mother kissed her son goodbye as she turned off his bedside lamp.

"Goodnight, mom." The boy slept peacefully as he lamented in his heart how great Eros was.

The said Eros was currently sleeping in his bed, the bedsheets were the only thing covering his naked body. There were a few men on his bed sleeping as well. Their looks were extremely exquisite, as if they were carefully shaped and molded by God to perfection.

They looked like they were enjoying their sleep when they were suddenly awoken by an angry shout.

"Eros! What the hell are you doing again?!" The woman said angrily as she pulled the sheets off the men. She glared at the winged men and they immediately flew away to preserve their lives.

Eros groggily opened his eyes as he squinted at the woman fuming with anger and impatience. He lazily smiled at her as he yawned and sat up.

"I was just resting. My job is quite taxing you know, especially these days since people are quite desperate to find love." Eros stood up as he lazily put his clothes on.

"Resting? You were just fooling around with angels as usual!" She said as she sighed and massaged her temples.

"Oh that. That was work, Evangeline. I was spreading love with my legs wide open." Eros said as he flashed a seductive smile to the woman.

Evangeline snorted at the man before her as she glared at him, her anger was still not appeased.

"I wouldn't be complaining like this if you just do your job properly. There are more broken hearts than the complete ones! You've been getting worse the more you reincarnate."

"Ouch. You could've said that to me gently." Eros said as he dramatically placed his hand on his heart and placed the other on his head as if he was really hurt.

"Well you prefer me being blunt anyway. I understand that few of your memories are erased after you reincarnate but for Almighty God's sake do your job properly."

"Yes, yes. Please don't be angry at me anymore, I'll start working now." Eros said nonchalantly as he took his bow.

He pointed it at the very large orb and fired his arrow. The arrow hit a plump man who was texting on his phone and the slim woman next to him. When Evangeline saw this, her eyes widened in shock.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

1