Chapter 5
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eros re-read the contents of the letter once more as he prepared himself mentally for the mission assigned to him. He even thinks that this mission was just a piece of cake. His mission was to make the man fall in love with him and reciprocate that feeling back to the man, which was pretty easy since he's not the God of passionate desire for nothing. 

He had already honed his skills for as long as he could remember. Invoking whichever desire out of a mortal was as easy as breathing for him. Although he messed up in pairing couples these past few reincarnations, that doesn't mean that his skills are rusty. 

"Hey, you better take this mission seriously. I doubt that it's as easy as it seems." Evangeline reminded him as she helped her pack the things he'll need in the mortal world.

"Heh. You're thinking too much. Besides, isn't it just making a mere human fall in love with me? What's so hard about that?" Eros said, brimming with confidence as he imagined himself successfully ensnaring the target. 

"Well, the task just seems so easy that it's making me quite uneasy. Anyway, behave yourself in the mortal world. You can't be as promiscuous there as you usually are in here." Evangeline nagged like a mother hen as she gave him reminders one after another, which he barely took note of. 

"Yes, yes. Anyway, just use this time while I'm away to relax as you have been overworked this whole time." Eros said not to take whatever Eva said to him seriously. 

"Ha! I'm glad that you're aware that you have been overworking me. Well, just be careful down there." Eva said as she went back inside their residence. 

"Alright, let's do this." Eros let out a breath to motivate himself then kissed the golden seal of the envelope. 

Once his lips touched the seal, his entire being was swallowed by a blinding golden light as he was transported in front of the majestic gates of the celestial world. 

The silver and golden gates were so enormous that he looked smaller than an ant standing right outside of it. There were two angel statues that seemed to be made out of the purest, most beautiful marble like material exuding elegance and ethereal feeling to those who gaze at it. 

They stood at both ends of the enormous gate, as if guarding the most precious treasure there is. One of the angels held a silver harp with golden carvings with a slight smile on its face. It had its 6 wings wide open as if gently welcoming whoever enters with a warm embrace. 

The other angel held a spear and a shield and his right foot was stepping on a snake with a stern look on his face. It looks like it won't tolerate any kind of evil acts and would immediately punish anyone who dared to. It also had its 6 wings spread out as if saying that sinners aren't welcome beyond the gates. 

Looking at the two angels gave a warm welcome feeling but also a stern warning that if they do something evil, they would be punished according to the severity of their sin. 

It was also to show that the authorities of the celestial world were not beings to be taken lightly, especially the Almighty God. Just the majestic exuding from the statues gave any onlookers an idea just how powerful the Almighty God is. 

Just as Eros was fascinated by the golden gates, a light cough disrupted his thoughts. He turned around and saw a white haired man that reached down to his hough. He had slanted eyes with white sharp eyebrows. His pale skin made his lips appear more pinkish, making him look like the most gentle being one would ever encounter. 

He had a gentle smile on his face as he gazed straight through Eros' eyes with gentle eyes. Although he appeared to be gentle, he didn't look weak and easy to bully at all. If one were to offend this being in front of him, they would surely suffer. 

"The Almighty God has instructed me to guide you on your way to the mortal world. As what Almighty God ordered, your divine powers would be sealed as punishment but also for you to be able to fully integrate yourself with the mortals so please cooperate with me." He spoke slowly enough for one to understand his words thoroughly. 

"Alright." Eros said and closed his eyes. 

The man placed a palm on his forehead and streaks of white golden light went in Eros forehead from the being's palm. Eros didn't feel anything at first but slowly, he felt that his body was heavier and it was getting harder to breathe. He also felt throbbing pain from his soul as if someone was wrapping his entire being with chains tightly. He was sweating profusely when the sealing was done. 

"You've done well. The Almighty God expects you to accomplish your task splendidly and also hopes that you enjoy your stay in the mortal realm. May Almighty God's blessings guide you." The gentle being smiled. 

Just as Eros was about to bid his farewell, the clouds he was standing on suddenly separated, opening up a wide whole for him to fall into. Eros was surprised with this sudden turn of events and couldn't help screaming as gravity pulled him downwards to earth. 

As he was falling, without his wings to support him, he felt like he was about to vomit his heart out. His muscles tightened from tension as he flayed in the air helplessly, wishing for this torturous fall to end. 

Tears welled up involuntarily from his eyes as the wind stung his eyes. He closed his eyes tightly, imagining that the moment his body slammed against the cold earth, his guts and blood would paint the ground red with his shattered skull and brain matter as design. 

When he opened his eyes, he could only see the blanket of stars in the night sky above him, the adrenaline from falling down still made his blood boil and heart pounding so fast he couldn't feel any other sensation. His eyes rolled from side to side then back to the starry night sky to calm himself down. 

When he was finally calm, he could feel the cold ground that was damp, making him shiver slightly. Without his divine powers, trivial matters such as temperature could now make him vulnerable, just like mortals. He sighed as he got up from the ground that was probably wet from rain. 

His white garments were stained with mud making the mothers who saw it click their tongues in pity to whoever would wash that beautiful white garment. Eros looked around as saw a bag beside his feet that seemed to appear out of nowhere. He picked it up and browsed the contents of the bag. 

There was a black wallet filled with currency he was unfamiliar with and an identification card that had his face in it. There was also a change of clothes inside which he was really grateful for. It seems like he wouldn't have to forge an identity which was too troublesome. 

He was about to change on the spot but unexpectedly remembered Eva's warnings. He sighed and looked around for a place where he could safely change his clothes. There were rusty seesaws, slides, and a rusty monkey bar in his surroundings and he can only assume that he's in a public playground. 

He walked around and saw a comfort room and was delighted at first but when he opened the door, he could hear faint sounds of pants and grunts from two people. It was a sound he was most familiar with making him shake his head in amusement. He wasn't bothered by the sounds and just treated it as background music as he went in an empty partition and changed his clothes. 

When he was done changing, he went out of the stall and looked at himself in the mirror. He was wearing denim skinny jeans and a plain black shirt highlighting his young and sexy figure. 

'I'm just really too handsome, I might even fall in love with myself.' He thought as narcissism filled his brain for a moment. 

He did a few poses in the mirror, still treating the moans and grunts as background music, not uncomfortable at all. When he was done appreciating his looks, he loudly opened the door and went outside, scaring the two people into silence. 

As he strolled around the neighborhood, he was slightly amazed by its cleanliness. When he saw the characters on a street post, he realized that he was probably in the country of Japan. Although he knew little about the current era of earth, he still had enough knowledge to support himself in this foreign land. 

Language barrier was also not a problem since even though his divine powers were sealed, he already mastered multiple languages out of boredom. Also to understand the mortal world a little better. 

As he was wandering around without a specific destination like a headless fly, he noticed that he was already walking in a place where there were more people. He noticed the looks that were given to him but ignored it. There was an intense look as if wanting to strip him naked, there was also a bashful sneaky glances, and he even caught a man gawking at him as he passed by. 

Receiving different kinds of stares didn't make him uncomfortable at all but boosted the narcissistic side in him instead. He especially enjoyed being the object of attention no matter who it came from. When he caught a group of girls looking bashfully at him, he gave them a killer smile that almost made them swoon. Most of them squealed. Well one did swoon but he could care less. 

Eros felt satisfied that his natural charm could still make mortals swoon, boosting his confidence in completing his mission with ease. Realizing this, he decided to enjoy his stay here while he's at it. He remembered that mortals have fun in clubs, drinking and playing whatever. 

He had been curious and had been wanting to try it out so now that he's in the mortal world, he might as well try it out. Since he wasn't familiar with this place, he wandered for a long time first then he finally found a luxurious looking club. 

He saw that the line was long so he decided to charm his way in. A black Mercedes-Benz McLaren stopped in front of him and the driver honked to catch his attention. When he looked over, the window was pulled down and a man with handsome looks winked at him. 

Eros raised an eyebrow and smiled back at the man as he walked over. He knows what this man wants just from the look of his eyes that was stripping him. 

"You looked alone lining up back there, why don't you accompany me?" The man said with a smirk, showing off his gold chain necklace. 

"I can see no reason to reject that offer." Eros said with a smile. 

The man chuckled and went out of the car, throwing the key to the valet rudely. When the man's attention was elsewhere, Eros apologetically smiled at the valet and went inside with the man. The valet's face was red as a tomato and was left in a daze for a while. 

'A male God just smiled at me! Awesome!' The valet happily thought and parked the car. 

Once they were inside, the blast of music greeted them along with the dancing crowd on the stage. There were different scents in the air, mixing with each other, making it smell slightly unpleasant but could still be overlooked. 

The loud beating of the music made Eros' heart follow the beat, he could feel the rising adrenaline in his system. The man led him to a booth where several men were being entertained by women that showed off their assets. They were busy getting entertained when the man and Eros entered. 

"Heh. You already started without me, how heartless." The man said to his friends and sat down, pulling Eros to sit down beside him. 

"You arrived late so of course we would. Anyway, your paramour today is really… handsome."The man's friend said, eyeing Eros down like a starving wolf. 

The term regarded to him made him raise an eyebrow but he didn't refute since he'd be making these young masters drunk dead and spend their money on him tonight. He just poured a glassful of strong alcohol and offered it to the man he came in with. 

"Of course. You know I can have anything I want. You can only look though." The man said and laughed arrogantly as he took the glass offered to him by Eros and drank it straight up to boost his image to this beautiful paramour of his.

Although they only met each other earlier, the man already assumed that Eros is his paramour since he agreed easily to accompany him. Besides, even if the man squandered a lot of money for this beauty, he won't regret it at all. He feels like he finally has rare high quality goods. 

"You lucky bastard." A friend of his joked and they laughed. 

"All of you can drink to your heart's content, I'll be paying for tonight!" The man said, obviously in a joyful mood so his companions cheered. 

"Hey, drink this for me. It's unfair that only us get to have fun." Eros said and offered another glassful of strong alcohol to the unsuspecting man. 

"Alright." The man said and patted Eros cheeks affectionately and downed the glassful of alcohol. 

The man and his companions, along with their paramours, drank a lot of alcohol due to Eros leading them on. He ordered the most expensive alcohols and consumed a bottle of each of the alcohols he liked. 

Although the alcohol content was high, it was nothing to Eros who drank wine from the celestial world daily. Just a drop of it could make a mortal drunk unconscious. These mortal alcohol could only at most make him tipsy. 

Eros ordered and ordered the most expensive cocktails to wines to beers, his companions and friends were already dead drunk. Some even vomited on the spot, making their female companions leave in disgust. Eros just cackled as he squandered the man's money to his heart's content. 

The bar they were in was obviously a high end one and smelled really really expensive. Eros only dared to enjoy this club since he's confident with his seduction skills. The dead drunk man was one of the many living proof of this. He danced on the dance floor with a bottle of the most expensive wine in his hand, making the onlookers eye him with envy and amusement. 

Some striked a conversation with him in English since they thought that he was a foreigner and he was more than happy to pretend to be one since seeing them struggle to keep up was amusing. Some didn't flirt with him and just eyed him hungrily. 

Finishing the bottle of wine, Eros ordered once more using the man's card and went back to the dance floor. While he was dancing his eyes landed on a man on the bar counter who was also looking at him. 

Eros checked out the man and was very satisfied with his looks. The man was tall and had a nice build. There was a mole beside his thick eyebrows and his pinkish lips arked up in a smirk. The man saw that Eros held his gaze with him while dancing on the dance floor for quite a long time so he assumed this as an invitation and walked straight to Eros. 

"Mind playing a round of pinball with me?" The man asked with his deep voice that could make women swoon. 

"Of course." Eros, finding his new target, smiled and accompanied his new guy. 

This night was bound to be an enjoyable sweaty night with him.

1