Chapter 1: That night the moon was pretty
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**I do not own these images. I just used them for my story**

My head hurt and I heard a voice say initiating pilot mode. I was confused on what was going on. Who am I hearing and where am I?

"Failed. Initiating forced control. Requesting backup"

What?

The ringing in my head got worse as I kept trying to apply pressure to my forehead to massage it. I don't know what's going on but I think the voice and my headache are connected.

"Stop it! Who are you? Show yourself"

....

"Reveal yourself, what do you mean by forced control? Where am I and why am I in someone's room?"

"Subject appears to be resisting control. Requesting HQ support. Approved. Partial connection in place"

The ringing and all the pain in my head lessened. To the degree where I could finally realize my surroundings. I glanced left and right to a foreign room and I was wearing some weird clothes. Not to mention, my body had gotten smaller.

I let out a gasp as it dawned upon me that I was in someone else's body. Someone much younger than me, around 8-10 years old compared to myself.

"Greetings Subject...."

"Ahh! Where the hell are you. Why can't I see you?"

"Partial connection is in place, unable to show full form. System can only show subject screen with message"

As soon as the robust voice said that, I saw a pop off screen in front me. It was holographic and followed my eye movements. It read "would subject like to view tutorial? Yes or No?"

I clicked the yes option and the screen became bigger. Now it was like my own TV, and I saw a video pop up.

"Welcome. This is the magical world where the story of His Path To Revenge takes place"

I could now see why things felt even more creepy. The video was showing a completely different continent. The lands were in a different shape than what I'm familiar with. The buildings in cities are of a older architectural style and people wore different style of clothes.

"Magical world? Is this some kind of hallucination I'm having"

"No, you have been transmigrated into a character from His Path To Revenge. This is an alternate world where fantasy magic exists and is part of the daily lifestyle. This world had a predestined path where only one person can deal with impeding world destruction and save it."

"Who?"

That is your body's foster brother. The story begins when he's a teenager. Right now is before the official story takes place and where all the background settings are being placed. To explain the story, at a young age, the main character was mentally and physically abused at home by his sister. His father was never there for him and his mother always ignored him and treated him like he didn't exist. To explain why, his adoptive mother despised him because she believed he was an illegitimate child from a commoner. As such, she had convinced her daughter that her father had betrayed them and that the young main character would steal her position."

"Wait a second, so I'm in like the villainess's body then?"

"To be exact, you're one of the main targets for his revenge when he grows up. Which is what the official story is about. It is after he achieves that, he is faced with one last mission: to save the world from destruction."

"Which is?"

"Not revealed. That's when the error occurred. In the predestined scenario, the problem would have been a monster king that broke its seal. However, yesterday the predestined scenario has changed and an error presented to that. It still shows that there will be a problem that will destroy the world in the far future but what exactly it will be is not revealed."

"So why am I in this girl's body?"

"That is related to the error from yesterday. From the updated predestined scenario, the body's previous owner would have a bug that affects the future too much that even the future hero can't save the world. The previous owner was to be scrapped by our system's cleanup team. We had to find someone to temporarily occupy the empty body before someone would notice. As you don't know, all characters or people in this world are not npc's. They have their own minds and thoughts. We couldn't have a body with no soul in it be found out. So we were supposed to have an available soul from another world fill in for a short while until we can fix the bug. After the bug was fixed, the soul will be changed back to the previous owner."

"Then what about me? Can I go back home to my world then?"

"No, you would go back the space of available souls. That is a realm of souls where the physical body is close to death such as people in coma are at. Your probability of being alive is so slim, your soul is available for our system to use for a short term. Unless some miracle happens and your originally body is healthy, chances are you'll remain sleeping there."

So there is no way to still be alive in my world.

"However, there was a problem. Originally you were supposed to be in a state of forced control so we can program your movements to match the previous owner. However, that was rejected by some unknown cause and only a partial connection was established. Not to mention you have gotten self-conscious and not in the sleep-like state. We don't know how long you will remain in this body as such."

"Wait. What?" 

I yelled at the holographic screen in front of me. I can't accept this. I'm basically the terrible abusive sister that traumatizes a little kid. Not to mention, the terrible fate that goes to this body. 

"While we don't know how long you'll be in this body, you still have to act like the character. Your character is a vital one, impacting the main character's childhood which made him the strong hero. If you don't act accordingly, the effect could be deadly and lead to the bad ending."

"But, isn't this just a story. Why does world destruction matter?"

"This is a real world based on a story. There are actual and manufactured souls in world. Like I mentioned earlier, even the background characters not even mentioned in the story are important and have their own thoughts. They can impact the future even if it's just a small action. Think of the chaos theory of the butterfly effect. Surely with your background, you should be familiar with that"

"..."

"Enough of these explanations. What are you going to do to get me out of this body."

"First off, the original owner's soul has to repaired. This may take up to a month or two if the bug is easy. However, if it's too hard, it may take years. Until then, you're the only option. For the problem on how to remove your soul, a ticket has already been sent to our Tech Team. When the original's soul is repaired, we will have an expert look at your condition. While having a partial connection is difficult to deal with it, it is not unheard of. For now, keep up the villainess act."

"But I don't even know how to act. You say to be mean, but people can tell if I'm acting differently. Subtle gestures are enough for mothers to know their daughter is acting strangely. How can I fool them? Furthermore, I didn't ask to put in this girl's body. You system forced me. I don't want to a abuser to little kids. That goes against my moral standing."

"You have to follow the system's orders. If not, the pain will continue. That pain can't be taken care of by some OTC* medicine. Our system will be on the lookout if you don't act accordingly. It is in your best interest to act well. In a few minutes, we will be implanting some of her memories to keep you up to date."

I remembered the horrible headache from earlier. I don't want to endure that pain again. It's* threatening me with pain. 

I bit my lower lip as I glared silently at the holographic screen. I could feel my left eye twitching in anger and helplessness. Damn it, I can't do anything. All I see is a holographic screen and a voice in my head. I can't even punch the holographic screen. 

"Alright"

"We will now be implanting the original's memories. It will take a while so spend this night to organize all her memories."

"..."

I nodded and began to see in my head her memories. 

It was so many memories. I felt like if I didn't concentrate, I would be too absorbed into her life and would actually be her. However I won't accept that. I have my own life and I'm not a fantasy life character. 

After some time

When I finally opened my eyes after a few hours of looking into some of her memories, I was greeted by the moonlight shining through the room. I turned to look at the moon shining so bright at me. It was the same familiar moon and that made me feel more at home. 

I was scared and confused the whole time. Suddenly waking up to a stranger's body in a strange world with no one I know. With a world that I'm not familiar with, I guess the moon was the same. 

*OTC = Over the Counter. Basically medicine that can be bought at the pharmacy without a doctor's prescription. Such as tylenol. Why I know this? Well, I study in the pharmaceutical. 

*It's = She doesn't consider the system as a gender so no he/she. Just it because it's an inanimate thing. 

It's @Hello_Anu again. I'm back with a new series. As always, I post on wattpad and scribblehub. This one is more dark compared to "I Live My Life" and more my style. Honestly, I made this series in 1 hr after I had an imagination of a scenario just pop up right when I was heading to sleep. If it seems rushed, that's because it is. Why it seems so dark? Well, I watched Hanebado...and Ayano that is in my cover...so yeah. Also, like always, my writing changes all the time. It may be first person or third person depending on how I feel conveys the story better. 

What I will say is that, updates really depend on my writers block and my personal life. I'm an college student so I have to worry about moving out of state and housing near my school for the first time. So not ready for that. In addition, I'm busy with my work since I gotta work in order to afford rent. Please understand!

 

2