019 After mass
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We set up camp on spot to rest. A few guards travel to nearby village to acquire assistance.

"I will borrow you for a minute" Roisin grabs my hands and jolt me inside a newly set tent. Her hands are warm.

"Do you need something?" I ask. Her face is still flushed from the battle. Her previously polished armor are covered in scratches, dents, and grime.

"I need you to take a look at my wounds" she says.

"Okay." I nod.

"..."

I can hear the noises outside the tent as others celebrate the victory. While Roisin stands still like a model posing for a post war movie shoot.

"Do you need a squire to assist with taking off your armor?" I ask.

"No-eed" Roisin twists to the side and fuddles with straps on her armor. I think she is tightening the straps. Nope the other way. Now she is checking something behind her. Okay that is just empty steel. Now the other side. Okay I am done watching. 

"Let me help."

The plate armor has several straps on the side and on the shoulders. Some of the straps are hidden beneath overlapping plates. The straps themselves, however, are rather simple. Once I help take the chestplate and the pauldrons off, the rest is easy. She is fully clothed underneath with heavy garment.

"What now?" she asks.

"I need you to take off more. I can't do anything with you fully covered head to toe like that."

Roisin lights up a lamp overhead inside the tent. Then she walks over to entrance and ties up the tent flap to solid close. The lamp must be a magical construct. It shines as bright as day when lit. She hesitates briefly and places her hands gently on the tie strings of her heavy one-piece garment on her blossoms. Her forest green eyes zoom in on me and her light-colored brows press together in a light furrow. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that she is passing judgement.

Does it really take that much courage to take off your petite coat to a man in this time period? She probably has several undergarment underneath. Actually, which year was undergarment invented? I remember lingerie was invented quite close to modern era. What was the undergarment half a millennium before lingerie?

"Okay I am ready" Roisin interrupts my thoughts.

She unties the knots. I can hear my heart pound. The garment drops flat to the ground. Underneath her dress is her stark-naked body. Her boobs are much small like half of a pear, but they are taut and perky. Unlike Katherine, Roisin's crotch is unshaved.

"Ehm...my injuries are not on my chest. They are on my back."

"Right, can you lie down on your belly? I will take a look."

I examine her wounds closely. It looks the armor protected her well from those blunt weapons. There are several superficial bruises on the back, and these should heal rather quickly.

"It doesn't look like there are any serious wound on you. Do you have any negative effect on your status screen?"

". . ." Roisin mumbles something.

"Hey you alright?" I give her a gentle shake. No response. Her arms are limp.

I flip her over. Her face is flushed red, and she has drool dripping from the corners of her mouth. Her eyes are out of focus. Her breathing starts to become irregular. I push aside her boobs and place my palm to her right chest. Heart still beating. I run my fingers through her hair, no injuries to head. Is it poison or maybe some kind of curse? This is a magical world after all.

I feed her one of the few vials of Minor Blessing of Gaia that I had made previously followed by the strongest restoration potion I have in my possession. Her breathing stabilizes. Whenever one restoration potion expires, I would feed her another. I have no idea how to treat whatever is damaging her. However, her body seems to fight it. If I keep on restoring her, eventually it will wear off. 

After 3 vials down, her eyes return to focus, and she stares at me. Her lips parts as if she is about to speak.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

Blaargh

I dart out of the way as she vomits inside the tent.

Blaargh

"Thank you" Roisin speaks weakly after she finishes.

"No an issue. I will need to restock on herbs. I am running low on restoration potions." I reply.

"Speak to Cathal. I have asked him to run a few trips to the village for restocking our supplies. There should be some herbs available." Roisin sits up. "Can you leave me alone for awhile? I would like some time by myself."

"That is fine. Do you know what happened?"

"I...just need to think it through."

I place a fresh restoration potion next to her in case she needs it. I pass by the pile of vomit. It is still foaming with a sickening stench. I pause for a moment. I summon a small pool of mana and bury the vomit deep beneath earth. Nature should be able to clean it up with time.

She is hiding something. It is not my business to probe, but I should be prepared.

I meet with Cathal, and I receive a supply of fresh herbs and alchemy ingredients. However, when it comes to accommodations, Cathal hands me a bedroll and surprises me.

"Here is 2 gold pieces for your share of the loot. I won't be giving you a tent because Roisin would like you to share tent with her for this trip." 

"Can't I get one on my own?"

"All tents are shared among the guards to ensure safety. If something happens, at least you will have an alias."

The guards begin preparing meal. I ask for the ingredients and let them know that I will be cooking for myself. I don't see Roisin, so I decide to make a portion for her as well. The rations are dry salted meat, dry rough grain, and dried vegetables. 

I pack the ration back into my nap sack and takes a stroll around the forest. I gathered some edible mushrooms, a few sprigs of thyme, and some pine needles. I return to camp and starts cooking. There is really no other way to cook this. I boil water, add dried meat with herbs and mushroom. Once fully boiled, add grains and cover. The result is some kind of porridge. 

I give the porridge a quick taste it. Not bad. It is on par with instant noodles. I empty the porridge into two bowls and rinses the pot clean of residue. Refill the pot, and make a simple pine tea.

I bring the meal inside to Roisin's tent. Roisin is fully dressed and sitting on the bedding. Her eyes are a little red.

"Here is some food. Don't worry I cooked it myself. One bowl for you and one for me." I push porridge in front of her. "Here is some pine tea to go with it."

"Thanks"

"I am all ears if you ever need help"

"Thanks"

We eat in silence.

We do not speak much for the rest of the afternoon. Cathal enters the tent a few times to consult with Roisin. The guards are taking turns patrolling the camp.

When the night falls, I walk to entrance and applies crystallization skill to create a glass shield around the inside of the tent. If anyone rushes in during the night, it will shatter and alert us.

"just some precautions" I say to Roisin before going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

2