Chapter 5
10 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week since the sudden time travel made by the gamer. It pleasantly surprised him. The power to return to the past must come from the spirit of space and time, Rustcha. With the power the gamer possess from the spirit, they might be able to save the world.

For this past week (in-game), the gamer had been controlling him to go to the library and read the general information there. That made him miss the post-graduation networking event held by the Academy.

It also made him realize that the reason the gamer interrupted him when he accepted Maiar Caldar's invitation is that they lacked information about the organization and almost all the general knowledge of this world.

While it made him impatient that now he had to wait for the gamer to familiarize himself, he decided to just accept it.

Right now, he was heading to a dungeon exclusive to the Academy. Located west of the Academy, this dungeon is used by students for training and examinations. As a prestigious educational institution, the Academy keeps this dungeon open for free to students, unlike other dungeons in the kingdom where you have to pay for it.

Of course, the Academy dungeons were on the weaker side compared to the other dungeons. He was also not interested as he had already visited this place several times in his first life. It was the Gamer who directed him to this place.

Approaching the dungeon, he caught a glimpse of a red-haired teenager in the distance with emerald green eyes. He wore a white and gold Academy uniform and two swords were strapped around his waist. He was Marcus Flamma, another top graduate and a rare dual sword user.

"Ernest."

Marcus nodded at him in greeting.

"Marcus," he nodded, "it's a surprise to meet you here. I thought you'd be joining the meeting in the auditorium today."

"It doesn't matter if I join the events or not. I will eventually join The Vulture anyway."

Marcus comes from a noble family related to the 4th prince. It would be a problem if he joined another organization.

"So you go to the Dungeon?"

"Yeah, just to stretch. I'm bored with the usual exercises. Might as well spice things up a little."

Marcus is a free-spirited noble.

"But I did join the banquet. You know, Maiar Caldar was there, he asked me about you. I think he wants to rope you in."

After the time retreat, Ernest did not meet again with Captain Maiar Caldar. The previous conversation also of course never happened.

"I still need to think about it."

"Take your time, there's no time limit to join anyway. So, the dungeon, wanna go together?"

"Sure."

___

For the past few days, apart from playing, Sieg had been searching for information or sites about the game. He hadn't found anything so far.

It was as if this game only existed on his computer.

The game is also confusing. There was no quest after the first one before. It's as if this game is incomplete. Maybe, it's a new incomplete game being tested and he's like some kind of beta tester. That could explain the lack of information online.

No matter how big the game was, as if it was a new world from what he saw just from the library, it didn't help him in playing it. The freedom of this game is so great and with so little objective that it confuses the player into a headless chicken.

Same as now for the example. He went to the dungeons in an attempt to recreate the usual way of playing. Like a regular RPG game where players go to defeat monsters. But what happened was different from his expectations. The characters on the screen defeat the monsters easily in auto mode. There was no need for him to intervene at all. Well, he should have expected it.

So now he was just watching the characters on screen, Ernest and Marcus, showing off their skills like watching a movie. He thought maybe this wasn't too bad either.

Watching them fight, he saw a huge difference between the two. Sure, Ernest is impressive, he's fast and his moves are skillful. But, Marcus made him star-eyed. His movements are indeed not as sophisticated as Ernest's, but his repertoire of skills is much cooler and more lethal.

Marcus' skills, unlike Ernest's, seemed more structured. Marcus is a character with various skills, especially in the fire element. Even though he couldn't see the full list of skills because Marcus wasn't his Avatar, he could still guess the basic effects.

For example, he has this ultimate skill where he crosses two swords in front of him and gathers fire into them, then he slashes his sword so that the fire flies towards the enemy. The flames then coiling like a chain, binding the enemy's movements while dealing serious damage continuously. It kills monsters like a huge minotaur in less than 3 seconds. Ernest's skill 'Blaze' on the other hand only throws fire slashes at the enemy and takes 5 hits to kill the monster.

What puts Ernest slightly above Marcus is his quick reaction speed. But in terms of skill, he lost both in terms of coolness and damage dealt.

And another inconsistency occurs. Killing the monster didn't give any experience, but the skill's proficiency increased albeit only a little bit.

He watched the characters go and collect some parts of the monster automatically then decided to stop for the day. He looked at the in-game time, it was the time his Avatar usually ate.

He also decided to have lunch, Mexican food would be nice.

Then, he would go to the library again. This time to go to the skills section. He wanted to find some useful and cool skills there.

___

In dorm. Ernest sat down at his desk and sighed. Some time after he ran through the dungeon with Marcus, the gamer once again dragged him to the library.

This time, they took a look at the available skills recorded within the academy for a long time.

He could guess what the gamer was thinking. He must have been fascinated by Marcus and wanted to find a skill similar to that. Unfortunately, the academy only provided two-tier skills. Three-tier skills like those of Marcus and above were monopolized by nobles, clans, and various private schools. You can also buy it at a very high price but such a thing is rare.

He sighed again, at this rate the gamer will continue to go to the library again. He had no more time to waste, the various post-graduation events were almost over, he couldn't stay at the academy any longer.

He wanted to keep his distance and didn't want to do this at first, but there seemed to be no choice but to communicate with the gamer now.

With paper and pen in front of him, he began to write. He will talk to the gamer through this method.

2