Chapter 3
28 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tudor Academy.

One of the largest educational institutions located in the kingdom of Emagia has produced many talents whose names are recorded in history.

When the invaders came, they like many others created a special department to deal with the Arena. That's where 10-year-olds learn and train to become Arena soldiers. After 8 years, they will graduate, receive an emblem that allows them to enter the Arena, and, if they wish, join an existing Arena organization.

Today is graduation day. Sieg's avatar, Ernest, stood on the podium as a top 10 graduate, receiving gifts of high-quality equipment and goods provided by the empire.

Sieg watched the event unfold with some confusion. After he carved his symbol onto Ernest, the game began. The following is a series of basic control tutorials for this type of role-playing game.

But, what confused him was that when he didn't control Ernest to walk and so on, Ernest moved on his own. He proceeded to prepare himself for the graduation ceremony and walked into the hall. Sieg knew today was graduation day and the quest told him to go to the graduation ceremony. So, maybe this game has an automatic function to go to the quest site.

When Ernest goes and does his things, Sieg continued to study the other functions of the game.

This game has save points that can be done anywhere and anytime. Energy is needed to create a safe point, it can be charged after some time. Knowing this, he immediately made a save point at the beginning of the game.

The character skill tree has a lot of different skills and is overall a mess. It's like playing a character that someone else has been playing for some time. Unlike many games where the character's skills are divided into several types and then continue to develop in a straight line. Ernest has various kinds of skills, both main skills and side skills.

For example, he has the Wind Eruption skill from the wind element, Death Lash from the dark element, and Blaze from the fire element.

He also has daily life skills such as cooking, woodcutting, and plumbing. This character also has no special affinity for certain elements. This means he is not restricted by any rules and can learn all kinds of skills.

Ernest has decent stats, but then again it looks like a character someone else has been playing for some time.

The level system is divided by numbers. Ernest is level 17 and you can't see the levels of other characters.

The map is vast, and there are almost no locked areas. There is also a description of the area if you click on it. Unfortunately, there is no instant teleport function. The areas in red are those occupied by invaders.

There was a countdown to the Arena opening. It shows the time until the invaders land in a certain area. You must then defeat them in the Arena. Currently, the countdown shows 127 days later.

And there was something that confused Sieg. The time that passes in the game is the same as in the real world. That meant he had to wait 127 days later to go to the Arena? That was what he thought until he saw that there was a fast-forward function.

Seeing the ceremony that was novel but too long. He pressed the fast-forward button to the end of the ceremony.

The screen showed the ceremony that was about to end. All students have badges pasted on their chests. There will be a banquet later that night.

Seeing that there was still half a day left until the banquet arrived, Sieg controlled Ernest into the training facility. He wanted to test his chaotic skills and find a way to use them.

___

Ernest was annoyed. After a strange symbol appeared in his hand, he suddenly lost control of his body. Jumping, turning left, turning right, running around his room making him feel like an idiot. His body seemed to be controlled by an unknown force and the symbol in his hand gave off a warm current.

He instinctively knew that this must be the work of a gamer that the spirit of time and space spoke of. But, controlled like a puppet? This wasn't the kind of help he wanted!

Sssstt

The warm current in his hands disappeared and control over his body returned. He stood there silently thinking that maybe gamers could control their bodies but not all the time. Or, when the player does not control his body, then he can move by himself.

He decided to think about it later and prepared to go to the graduation ceremony. He wanted to observe first what this gamer would do.

Zing!

The warm current in his hands reappeared as the ceremony ended. He tried to take control of his body but ended up in vain. The gamer steered him towards the training facility.

He thought maybe the gamer wanted to know his abilities. It made sense because they would work together later.

Ernest showed every skill he had, attack after attack he did. After that, he proceeded to perform combos and chain attacks. He moved as if there was a real enemy in front of him.

Then, using the giant dummy, he repeated the attack to show how much damage he could inflict with his current strength.

When he returned to the past, his strength also decreased. Even so, he was still stronger than most of his comrades. And when combined with his experience, he was even stronger than the first time he was 18 years old.

Gradually regaining control of the skills he possessed, the damage shown to the doll was getting bigger and bigger. It was almost 10 times the damage he took the first time.

___

After arriving at the training facility, Sieg stopped and began to reread the skill explanation. But then, the sound of an attack rang out. He closed the skill menu and looked at the screen. There his Avatar, Ernest, does his training, not only unleashing one skill at a time but also combines multiple skills and performs mock battles.

It turns out that this game also has this kind of automatic function. Then, what is left for the player to do? In Sieg's opinion, the developer of this game doesn't know how to make things fun for the players.

Watching Ernest's training, Sieg noticed that the proficiency level of the skill was increasing at an incredible rate.

It had been two hours since then and Sieg was busy writing down all the skill effects, damage, and so on. The proficiency of Ernest's many skills increased by 10 levels. Makes him feel confused.

The use of automatic skills provided is quite good and creative. He could imagine this would be very useful in most situations.

However, for pro gamers, many things can still be improved. Stretching his arms, Sieg looked at Ernest who was gasping for breath on the screen. Then, he started tapping his keyboard.

3