Vol 1 – Chapter 1: I got transported to another world? (Rewrite)
39 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was just an ordinary day in the Spring, I woke up just as usual in the afternoon... I then opened my computer and went on YAL, to see what new anime was going to air this evening. That's right, I am what you would call an 'otaku'. I read light novels and I enjoy watching anime.

I looked at my monitor and saw that there was a really hyped anime that would be aired at 9:15PM, in short the story was about the protagonist who had a few siblings, got killed by some demons, and only one of his sisters remained alive, however she turned into a Demon.

Basically, this anime was about the older brother's journey trying to save his little sister.

It looked interesting so I had to watch it, that's why I added it to my plan to watch list so I wouldn't forget about it.

After I found what new anime to watch and did a little bit of gaming, I noticed that the sun was already starting to set down. I checked the time and it was 7:00PM, now that I knew the time, I heard my stomach growl...

Yeah... I should probably go get some food for dinner. So with that decided I got my keys, wallet, and walked to a convenience store.

On my way there, I was thinking of what I should get... Hmm, some chicken wings maybe? No.... I don't think I'd be full eating those small pieces of meat.

After racking my brains for a few more minutes, I settled on buying a lunch box, snacks, and some soda.

And finally, I got to the convenience store. By the way, I didn't mention this before, but I don't know, somehow the air outside felt strange. It felt like I was being watched or something, but I couldn't really wrap my head around it, in the end I decided to ignore it, since it may be just my imagination.

"Welcome!"

The clerk said that in a very cheerful voice. But I didn't pay her any attention and just went to buy what I came here for.

I paid with a 5,000 yen bill, got the change back. I got 2 bags of chips with hot chilli flavor, an orange-flavored soda and a lunch box which came to a total of 3,000 yen.

"Thank you for your patronage! Please come back again!"

As I went through the door, I noticed that the sun was already down, and the moon was shining, and the poles were already shining.

Whilst I leisurely walked down the empty street I could only hear the gravel crunching below my feet.

There were no people on this street, and adding up with the uneasy feeling I felt earlier, this scene was quite eerily scary. You would probably think that there would be some grandparents walking with their grandchildren, or businessmen going back home after a long, tiring day, but that's wrong.... Or so I thought.

In front of me, I could see two people walking in front of me, one boy and one girl. They looked like they were in their first or second year in high school, and it looked like they were happily chatting, like a couple.

The guy looked like an ikemen, his eyes were deep blue just like the sky, and his hair was blonde. He was totally on top of his class in terms of popularity, and maybe, even the school maybe.

The girl who had a 'lovely' smile on her face was blushing slightly, her hair was blue, and her eyes were that of a light cyan. All in all, those two looked perfect for each other, in terms of looks, and perhaps, even popularity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were a couple, and if not, I'm sure they are often mistaken as one.

In a world of my own, I thought about all of this when the girl bumped into my shoulder probably because she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings.

"Sorry, sorry."

The girl apologetically looked at me as she said that, and the boy glared at me for a second before noticing that it was not my fault.

"It's fine. Well then."

I said, while giving off a light bow and continued my walk home. The girl looked unfazed by it and just continued to walk alongside the boy.

But not for long, because something appeared on the paved road. Something that looked like a magic circle out of an anime, or a light novel if you will.

This situation, you might call it a 'transport to another world', that any person that likes the isekai genre would probably like to experience it at least once.

I looked at the 'couple' while thinking this, and they had confused looks on their faces. They probably never watched any anime and they probably hate it without even trying it. Damn you, normies.

The magic circle was glowing brighter and stronger as time passed by, until I could no longer keep my eyes open to look at it and had to bring my arm close to my eyes.

And at the same time, I got a headache which I would always experience when I would travel. I got pretty used to the feeling, but it still was something unpleasant. When this feeling gradually disappeared, the magic circle stopped glowing as well.

Stepping back into reality I opened my eyes, and what I saw was a girl that appeared like she was a princess, maybe about 16 years old, her blonde hair along with her deep blue eyes gave her a majestic air to her.

Behind her were some suspicious individuals, who had some kind of robe on them, which hid their faces. The princess looked at us and said,

"Welcome Heroes, I'm glad that you've accepted our call."

She gave a lovely smile along with that, but what went through my head at the time was…. Why me?

0