Recruitment
302 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, somewhere, a young man woke up from his slumber. It was not the usual tiresome, soul crushing waking up he usually experienced everyday, but more of a sudden jolt from unconsciousness to conciousness. He looked around with furrowed brows at the colorful twisting void he was standing in, before he moved his attention to his body which felt weird. He could feel nothing, so he looked at his hand and saw it was emitting a soft golden light, his whole body was.

"Okaaaaayyyyy...... now. I seem to be.... somewhere.... doing something?" said the young man as he scratched his glowing head in annoyance. " This is clearly not my room, and I don't remember humans emitting light. Is this a dream, a lucid dream?"

As he came to that realization Rex extended his hand and suddenly opened his palm expecting something to come out of it , but nothing came out.

"Huh, does that mean that this is not a luci....

As he was about to finish his words an unknown voice broke the silence and frightened Rex.

"Kuhmmm, hello there."

"Fuck!" yelled out Rex in fright and annoyence as he turned back to give that person a piece of his mind, but as soon as he laid eyes on the creature in front of him those words were forgotten. In front of him, in the same colorful void was now standing a tall and bulky humanoid wearing a loose fitting golden robe.

 The humanoid had an androgenous face, long purple hair that almost touched the ground, two 10 cm long, red, reindeer like horns protruding from his forehead, and purple eyes with pupils like a four-leaf clover.

"Welcome my friend, and my condolences." said the being in front of Rex as it put it's hands in a praying motion and slightly bowed his head. This of course confused Rex and he couldn't help but speak his mind.

"Condolences, condolences for what? " said Rex still slightly annoyed at the being in front of him. The being was of course surprised at Rex's words for a while as it seemed to contemplate something, but he quickly understood the situation and slightly smiled.

" I apologize my friend. It seems that you are not aware of the situation you are in."

"Situation?" said Rex confused as he looked at the horned man.

"Yes, forgive my blunder, but it seems you seem to have died unexpectedly for you not to know. Right now, your mortal body is lifeless in your world , and what you're experiencing is your astral body, your soul."

"My...soul?" worriedly murmured Rex "I DIED?! What the fuck?! How the hell.....no, I couldn't have died! I clearly remember I fell asleep and suddenly woke up here. " yelled out Rex in panic, but deep down he seemed to know that  it was the truth. He spent about five minutes contemplating the possibilities, before he seemed to resign himself to his death. 

Rex once again looked at the horned man in front of him and saw that he hadn't moved at all."So, this is not a dream right?"

"No , it's not a dream..... you have died and now are a soul. "

"Really....*sigh*.....

Fine, I'm dead and I'm a soul, but what am I doing here? Where is this place, and who are you? You're...not god right...." said Rex a little worried at his fate. He hadn't been a very virtuous person or a very religious person, but he hadn't been a bad person either. He was just an average 19 year old who enjoyed manga and novels.

The horned man noticed the slight worry on Rex's face and just smiled. He extended his hand to the side and a wooden table and two chairs appeared in front of him.

 "Please sit, we have a lot to discuss." said the man as he motioned to Rex to sit, and Rex sat of course. He was amazed at the sight of the table appearing out of nowhere, but he didn't speak as he knew that it was about to be explained to him. After Rex sat down, the man also sat on the other side of the table still smiling.

"Ummm....so..... what is happening?" said Rex as he scratched his head. 

"What is happening is a little complicated, but I'll say it in simple words.

You...have unfortunately died and were about to be reincarnated, but I interfered. I pulled your soul into this space , and I'm going to offer you something.  Haha, of course you can also refuse the offer and you shall be on your way." smilingly said the horned man.

The man's words seemed to be very disturbing, but surprisingly Rex didn't feel much. He was more interested in who the being in front of him was opposed to the revelation that he could do such things.

"Hmmm.... you say that you pulled my soul here and you have an offer for me?  Can I hear the offer first before making a decision?"

The horned man smiled a little more when he heard Rex's words. " Of course you can, and I'll explain it right now. You, as a soul without a vessel will be reincarnated into a new place, a new universe by your standards, but I'm offering you a slightly different option."

' A new universe?!' almost blurted out Rex from the revelation that there was more than one universe.

"This is of course something that I need and I'm not doing it out of goodwill. I myself am a part of a dimensional merchant group so to speak, and we provide goods to many of the inhabitants of the numerous world's. Unfortunately, the world you will be reincarnating to is not one of those worlds.

Heh, in short I'm offering you a job. You reincarnate into the world you were meant to, and you work for my organization."

"Hmmmm.....

The words of the horned man were simple and he somewhat understood the situation, but he still had more questions. 

"Mhhm....I somewhat understand, but I have a question. Why did you choose me for something like this? I'm surely not the best choice , no?It's just that I can't  wrap my head around this."

The man released a sigh as his brows furrowed. It was such a mundane thing, but it really looked out of place on the horned man.

"Haah, of course that is true, but you don't know the whole situation. Expanding our influence in a new place is not so easy, especially in the place you are reincarnating, so we choose another way....infiltrating it from the inside. Of course if you say it like that is sounds bad, but it's just like taking a backdoor to the same place. 

Here, this shall answer all your questions you may have about the situation and my offer."

The horned man extended his right hand and placed it on Rex's head unexpectedly. The man's horns shined a gold color and Rex fell into a trance as information poured into his head, and he finally understood everything. Soon enough the process was over, the man removed his hand , and Rex was smiling from ear to ear. The offer was so enciting after all.

Rex's eyes shined and his mouth twitched as he tried to hold in his laughter, but he couldn't."Hahaha, tell me where to sign, and let's get this party  started!" said Rex excitedly and the man also seemed to be pleased with Rex's word's.

"Great, the process shall begin shortly. You won't feel anything, so don't worry."

"Heh...heh heh....I understand hehehehe.....

As Rex smiled like a mad man, his body begun to glow more and more until he was nothing but  light . When the light became unbearable, he disappeared leaving only the horned man in that place.

7