Second Business 1
132 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liang No roamed the medicine shelf in a hurry as he didn't want to spend to much time in this place. He quickly choose two ceramic bottles, one of 'Yellow Grade Recovery Pill's' and the other was an odor removing liquid specially used for hunting prey with sensitive sense of smell.

' Good, with these I'll have little problem even if I'm wounded, and I'll be able to easily sneak through the territories of other Spiritual Breasts. Now the only problem is if I can afford them....

Liang No touched the Qi Stone on his pouch that was tied to his belt and looked at the price of the bottles.

' The recovery pills cost 15 Qi-En and the medicinal paste costs 10 Qi-En. In total it'll cost me 25 Qi-En , but I still don't know if I can be able to by them.

Sigh, why can't the senior specifically explain how much 1 Qi-En is?'

With his slightly frustration Liang No headed towards Rex who had just been observing all this time and showed him the products.

"Senior, I'm buying these two things. Uh... I hope this will be enough." said Liang No as he took the Qi Stone out of his pouch and also presented it to Rex.

"Mmmmm..... let's see.....

Rex put his hand above the Qi Stone that was an irregular blue crystal 4 cm in diameter and immediately in his vision appeared some numbers.' Qi-En value : 3.8 Qi-En' 

Rex first smiled at the neat function his soul had gained and then answered " It seems that this Qi Stone has enough energy for your items and it also has some left. Come, I'll show you something....." motioned Rex with his hand and Liang No followed. 

They passed all the shelves and arrived at a small, rectangular golden table that held in it a golden scale. The golden scale was the only thing on the table and it was also something Liang No hadn't seen before. The two parts where the weight and the counterweight should be placed there were two golden pyramids of unknown function.

Without a word Rex placed the Qi Stone on top of one of the pyramids and the stone immediately begun to float there in place. He then took the small gem that held the pure Qi-En and put it into the other pyramid.

' Hehe... finally! I'm finally making my first sale!  After I spent the first sixteen years of my life to open the portal, I can finally get something in return.'

As Rex revealed in his newfound, albeit small wealth Liang No watched is curiosity as the Qi from his Qi Stone was drawn out is long silver strings and then absorbed by the small white gem. This process only lasted for a fed seconds and the transfer of Qi stopped.

" It's over....the Qi transfer is finished and you've already payed for your items.  The total was 25 Qi-En, and the remaining Qi is 13 Qi-En....

If you don't want to by anything else that is your change. " said Rex after he received his payment and handed over the two ceramic bottles and the Qi Stone to Liang No. Liang No looked at his Qi Stone and the items he intended to by, and a feeling of elation rose in him. 

"Senior, if it's not inconvenient I want to continue to look for other things to buy. Of course with your permission.....

"Do as you wish....." dismissively said Rex.

After Liang No received confirmation, and  while trying to hold in his smile,he started to look at the other shelves contents. There he found precious weapons that Cultivators would use(spears, sabers, swords, daggers, etc) various medicinal ingredients, ingots of different materials, and in a lone shelf there was a bonsai like plant filled with a thick Wood Qi. 

'This is....

Liang No curiously approached the small plant in order to take a better look and was immediately drawn to it. He found he couldn't move it's eyes from it, or move any of his limbs at all until Rex snapped his fingers and Liang No regained his mobility. As soon as that happened Liang No retreat back immediately, almost hitting a shelf.

" Haah haah...senior....that..... what just....

"It's a young ' Soul Seeking Bonsai' " said Rex in a serious tone as he angrily looked at Liang No, although the later couldn't notice because of the mist covering Rex's face " It's a Qi plant that uses it's abilities to draw in souls, dead or living souls, and then feeds on them. "

"It feed's on soul's!?" yelled Liang No is surprise at the vile abilities of the plant in front of him.' If someone was found to posses such a plant he would immediately be ganged up by the Righteous Sect's as only someone cultivating the path of demonic cultivation would posses such a thing. 

Is the senior such a person.....

Rex saw the face of Liang No and immediately figured out his feelings. During the time he spent at Millennium Forest Sect he had been an unremarkable shadow that no one paid any attention, but because of that people lowered their guard when he was around, and he learned the true nature of his fellow disciples.

"Hehe, you're afraid......

"Senior....I'm not , I was just startled by the sudden inability to move my body, that's all....

"Liar!'

"S-senior.....

Liang No's rushed heartbeat could be heard clearly in the otherwise silent room , but nothing came out of it. Rex just went passed him and went to see the little bonsai tree up close.

"You seem to think of this plant as an evil and harmful thing, but is it truly? If you look it carefully it's just a plant with the ability to absorb souls.....an ability it owns to sustain and grow itself, so where is the evil in this? Is a human evil for killing and eating an animal?"

Rex continued his rant while Liang No just listened with his head down. He wanted to say that it wasn't the same thing and that absorbing the soul would be much worse, but he didn't want to risk it and just nodded. Rex just snickered at the display and decided to end this pointless talk so he could explain the true purpose of the plant.

' After I got this guy as the main star to encitee customers, it's a shame if don't explain what it does....

"Heh, you can think what you want, but  many Cultivators would kill for this plant" said Rex as he turned around " It not only protects you from the surveillance of ghost cultivators or other remote means of spying, it can also be used defensively against curses."

".......

"Hehe, surprised huh.... but that is only the beginning. It's leaves can be used to create evil-repelling charms and it's branches to make formation flags. Lastly , it can also be used to increase the tolerance against illusion techniques and increase your soul by being in the vicinity of it constantly."

As Rex finished his explanation Liang No appeared to be in distress , but he couldn't help but think about the various uses of the ' Soul Seeking Bonsai' Rex had.

' If...if what senior said was true then that plant should be worth a fortune. If I have that in my possession I can surely....

Liang No swallowed the spit that had accumulated in his throat and shyly asked Rex" Senior, uhh.... could that ' Soul Seeking Bonsai' also be for sale? I...don't see any price for it compared to the other items."

"A price..."said Rex is a somewhat amused voice " It doesn't have a price at the moment, but it's definitely for sale. Though I doubt you have the resources to by the ' Soul Seeking Bonsai' from me at the moment."

*Babum Babum....

' So it can be bought....' thought Liang No in excitement which lasted until he found another item of interest, but this one he could afford.

' Yellow Grade, Fire Spring wine.

It has the ability to nourish the flesh and bones, but it's main function is to purify the Qi of the one who consumes it. 

CAUTION: This wine is most effective towards those who use fire element cultivation manuals and is dangerous towards those who practice wood element cultivation manuals.'

This of course was a godsend for Liang No who was suffering from that exact type of thing, and he fortunately had the 10 Qi-En to by 100 ml of it.

...............

And so, days passed away with doing nothing but cultivating in the day and expecting customers at night. At first Rex had been happy with the customers as he had sold his items, but every night one cocky customer tried to rob or steal from him. This of course made him angry and he punished them... severely to say the least. They were made to stay staring at the  ' Soul Seeking Bonsai' for hours on end, or until they couldn't anymore and we're but a husk of their former self and were then released on the street again. Rex didn't feel happy at what he did, but he had drawn a bottom line and he wouldn't move it.

*Sigh*

Rex sighed as he saw the quiet red light district during the day from his second floor and slouched in boredom. Besides operating his 'shop' during the night he had just neglected it during the day. The two story building he had rented was clean , but it was completely empty and was devoid if any customers.

' Haaaaaah~

 Cultivating is good and all, but it's a little to boring. I also don't want to admit it but the menial jobs I did while at the Sect make me feel restless when Im not doing anything.....so what should I do? Should I also open a gambling house as the previous owner? 

No, that would be too time consuming and I don't really know anything about gambling, but what should I do then?'

As he thought about this, he unconsciously looked towards a man in dirty clothing that was buying some grilled meat at a roadside stall. He was young and  muscular, but his face was somewhat furrowed as he hurried up the stall owner to move faster, and when he received his meat he began to eat it while he walked.

Rex was somewhat interested and continued to stare at the young man as he passed by his building. At that moment he heard something that make him almost scream ' Eureka'.

" Shit, shit I'm late for my shift. If I'm one minute late I'll have my daily pay cut I half. Fuck....why can't.......gaaaaaaaaaa~

7