Underground Arena 4
77 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the mach Rex immediately headed to his room and prepared to change before leaving when he heard a knock on his door. He ignored it for the first few knocks , but after a while he couldn't take it anymore and opened it with force, forgetting that  he was injured and paid the price.

" Ackk..." winced Rex in pain just as the door completely opened.

" Oh, you seem to still have great vitality in you even though you have been injured."

As soon as the door opened Rex heard a mellow voice. It was coming from a short, but beautiful woman which was shorter than Rex by almost half a head, had short black hair, emerald eyes, and rossy lips. She wore a grey robe, held in her hand a leather bag and surprisingly smelled very good,but Rex wasn't in the mood to socialize.

" What do you want?" irritatingly said Rex as he took shallow breaths . He didn't have time to chitchat so he got straight to the point making the woman laugh a little.

"Haha, sorry if I disturbed you, but it seemed that you were in need of assistance, and I'm a doctor you see. " said the woman as she shook the bag in her hand.

" A doctor...." suspiciously repeated Rex as he prepared himself , and the woman seemed to notice his concern. She raised booth her hands as if showing she meant no harm , but Rex didn't let his guard down.

" I assure you that I mean you no harm and I'm only looking to help you. Those wounds may not be that deep, but if they are not treated quickly it may end up a partial recovery....you may never recover full strength or movement in your arms ever again."

".........

" So, do you think you can let me in?"

Rex seemed to think about the woman's words he as  still hesitated, but taking into consideration the words of the woman his fear of not fully recovering showed. He reluctantly let her in before slamming the door shut.

............

Five minutes later the woman had finished stitching Rex's wounds with a kind of thin strand of silk, and she was now applying some sort of cool, medical cream on the wounds. This relived some of the pain and calmed him down, but he had been vigilant the entire time. 

"Good, I've finished taking care of the wound's and I'm happy to say that they weren't that deep. " said the woman with a smile which then turned into a contemplating one " Strangely, or should I say surprisingly your muscles are very sturdy even for a cultivator.... but I guess that's not my business. Now, what do you want to ask me? " said the woman as she  cleaned her hands and put all her items back on her bag. Rex on the other hand was still curious about the woman, so he didn't hesitate to ask.

"Who are you, and who sent you here?"

"Well...I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who sent me, and also why I was sent. You remember the man you just fought right?" questioned the woman and Rex nodded remembering his bloodied face. This made him smile and the woman continued to explain " The one who you have just fought and defeated is commonly known as a talented fighter of the arena, but his true identity is the illegitimate son of the leader of one of gangs running the Underground Arena, Ling Ka. Ling Ka is said to be a very vengeful man, but he is also a very cautious and meticulous in all that he does.

To put it short, you have earned this dangerous man's ire."

"Ling Ka...." muttered Rex as he thought back at the fight, and the feeling of danger when he had wanted to continue to beat his opponent for what he did to him, but had stopped.' It seems that not continuing any further was the right decision, but it seems that this is not over. If this Ling Ka is as she describes him to be, then he won't let me go. Tch...so troublesome!'

Rex at this moment didn't feel any real fear from this Ling Ka, but he certainly found him troublesome. Getting involved with the gangs of this city wasn't a business wise decision at the moment.

"Heh, you seem to understand your situation now. You're in trouble." said the woman, making Rex look straight at her with an unimpressed face.

"Ahh... yeah, and so? What are you , an underling of this Liang Ke? You've come to threaten me or something? Or maybe you've come to kill me.....

The woman tensed somewhat at Rex's words , and she couldn't even answer.

".........

"What is the problem? Have you understood your situation?"  smiled Rex as his wife eyes promised pain, but he quickly calmed down as he released a sigh.

"Sorry about that. You can continue now, explain to me why did you come here as I suspect you didn't simply come for a warning. Speak!"

The woman took two deep breaths before she answered "Yes... what you say is right. I wasn't sent here just to tell you that. I've been personally sent by Qi Mei , another leader of one of the gangs running this place. You see, she and Liang Ke have been butting heads for quite a while but lately it has gotten worse. They truly hate each other......

"I see...." interrupted Rex " So if if got this right you want me to help you in some way right?"

"No, we don't really need your help, but we wish for you to temporarily join our side seeing as it would benefit both parties. You can recive the protection of Madam Qi Me, and you can continue to freely fight on the area."

"Hah, that so....haaaaaaa~" sighed Rex " What you say has some merit, so I'll agree to joining you." said Rex with a smile surprising the woman a little, but she quickly recovered.

"Great, I assure you won't regret your decision. Now if you will excuse me." 

The woman hastily got up and headed for the door, but when she was about to open it Rex's cold voice made her stop.

"Hey, can I ask you one more question before you leave? I'm just curious about something."

"Of course...ask." said the woman only turning her head. 

"Can you honestly tell me that if I present your head to Liang Ke in a silver platter, will he forget about what happened? "

The woman froze in place as she felt her legs weak from the fear. His eyes, Rex eyes seemed so strangely calm that it was disturbing.

"That.... what are you thinking of doing? Do you intend to offend two bosses at the same time!? "

Rex didn't answer as he got up, walked over to the woman and put his hand on her neck. Her neck felt so fragile and soft that made his somewhat amused, but the woman was frozen by his touch.

 

"Hmph....me, offend someone?! I think you've gotten this the other way around.First that bastard of Liang Ke tried to kill me and now I'm been taken for a fool by you , don't you think I'm in the right?

Do you think I don't know I'm being used by you, but even after that....why do you think I agreed?"  quietly said Rex as he whispered in the woman's ear " Neither Liang Ke , nor Qi Mei are relevant in my eyes, they are just weaklings. "

"What..." the woman tried to speak, but she held back her  words as she felt Rex's grip tighten.

"Shhhhhhh...... you shouldn't interrupt me. Seeing as I'm both pissed and wounded in my arms I can't guarantee I won't snap your neck. Now where was I.....

*Babum* * Babum*

The woman's heartbeat rang in her ears as she panicked, but she didn't dare move.

" As I was saying, neither of them matters in my eyes, they are trash, but you, you have opened my eyes. I've understood that if I fight I'll get hurt, and if I get hurt I'll need doctor to fix me you. Fortunately you've appeared in front of me at a great moment. So, I'm asking you now, what do you think about working for me? "

The woman's eyes widened as she heard Rex's words " Working for you, is that a joke?"

"No, I don't think that it's the time for jokes right?"

" You're crazy, you're just a peak Qi Gathering realm cultivator. What makes you so cocky as to try to recruit me, someone who works for someone at the Meridian realm?"

"Meridian realm....is that supposed to impress me?"

Suddenly Rex released the woman who immediately retrieved a small knife from her clothes to try to protect herself , but Rex didn't acknowledge her at all as he just sat down with his back towards her.

"You...." managed the woman to speak through her gritted teeth, but she didn't dare to attack. Even though Rex was showing his back, he seemed so dangerous to her who was just at the beginning of the Qi Gathering realm. 

"Enough, I'm tired of talking! " said Rex as he lazily raised his hand "Go tell your boss that I agree to allying will her, but I suggest you keep my offer to yourself and think it over . I don't demand an immediate answer from you, but I think that you will be agreeing to it soon enough.

Smell you later..... what was your name again?"

The woman was feed up with Rex's attitude, but she still answered.

" Bai Meilin, that is my name."

"Bai Meilin huh? Not a bad name."

...............

5