chapter 2
23k 15 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

At the same time that he , who had become Leolde, was making his big decision, the Duke of Harvest received word that Leolde had been defeated in a duel. 

"Is that true?!" 

"Yes. I have confirmed the information that we received with the academy. And to top it all off, they caused a ruckus in front of the public and took over the arena, where the fight took place in front of a huge crowd." 

"...... Okay. I'll go to the academy myself. Get back to me as soon as you can." Said the duke. 

"What?" asked the butler 

 The current head of the Harvest family, Beluga Harvest, held his head as he dismissed the man who had reported that Leolde had lost the duel. 

 It was no wonder that Beluga was so puzzled. Dueling exists under the laws of the kingdom, and if you lose, the winner gets the right to choose for loser if they live or die. Fortunately, this time his opponent doesn't want Leolde to die. If Leolde was ordered to die, Beluga could do nothing but let his son die. 

"I thought that going to the academy would have calmed him down a bit, but I guess I was wrong. No, it's because I spoiled him too much. I had faith that he would eventually become a great person. ......" 

  The duke has been pampering Beluga like a green house plant because he was his first child. It's not hard to see why. He had hoped that his own son would eventually realize his own mistakes and improve, but this incident has taught him a lot. He would need to be strict from now on. 

 He rang the bell on his desk and an old butler came into  his office. 

"You wanted to see me, sir?" 

"Yes. Actually, I have a favor to ask you." 

"Is it about the boy?"" 

"How perceptive! That's right, Gilbert. Can you do that for me?" 

"I don't see why not." 

"You are always helping me and I am troubling you." 

"Not at all, sir. I'm the butler for the Harvest family!" 

 As the old butler left the room, a woman came in his place. It was Olivia, Beluga's wife. 

"You. I overheard something a while ago." 

". Yes, I know. It's about Leoldo's duel. 

" What will happen to Leoldo? 

"Fortunately, there are two things that the duelist wanted: first, to have nothing to do with Miss Clarice, Leolde's fiancée. Second, to stay out of Siegfried's sight, the duelist. So, I'm going to have Leolde voluntarily withdraw from the school." 

"Thank God ...... that's all he had to do!". 

"Really. ...... I'm sorry, Olivia. . If I had been stricter with him, this wouldn't have happened." 

"Don't say that.' I spoiled him too much, and it's both of our faults." 

  They both apologized, but it was their first child, and they had raised him with a lot of love. So they spoiled him. Because of this, they have developed a broken personality, but it's not only their fault. It was not only their fault, but also Leoldo's fault for taking advantage of the situation. 

"So, what are you going to do after you let Leolde drop out of school?" 

"Mmm. About that, I'm sending him to Ze'at, a remote city in my territory." 

"Is it safe place? The demons are quiet now, and the neighboring countries are friendly , but Ze'at is the cornerstone of the frontier. Will Leolde be able to rule it?" 

"I'm not worried about that.  He will have Gilbert by his side!"  

"Oh, my! He will safe with Gil." 

  They thought he would be safe, but the original Leolde would die. It's a definite fact, and no matter how many excellent subordinates   they would have had,  they couldn't prevent it. Of course, the two of them would never know that. 

"I'm going to pick up Leolde from the school later. I know it's going to be hard for a while, but I will need your help." 

"We're a married couple, so it's only natural that I should help." 

"Thank you. I'm glad I married you." 

"Me too, dear" 

 They were flirting for a while, but a knock on the door brought them back to their senses. 

 The butler cleared his throat "I'm sorry. for getting in the way of your work." 

"Yes, I understand!" 

Olivia left the room and a subordinate got into the room. 

"I have something to report!" 

"Let's hear it. What is it? 

"His Majesty the King has requested an immediate presence at his castle. ......" 

"Information travels fast, doesn't it? Well, it's not surprising, considering what Leolde has done." 

"Hey, Miss Beluga. ......" 

"Contact the castle ASAP. Beluga Harvest is coming to see you! 

"Ha! 

 As the saluting subordinate walked out, Beluga leaned her weight on the backrest and looked up at the ceiling. 

"I'll be back. I will be apologizing to Miss Clarice and to the Countess. I'm not sure what to say, but I'm going to say it. And then there's Leolde's punishment for what he did this time. There are so many problems." 

 He couldn't help but complain, but there is no one here at the moment. Even if there were, there would only be a handful of people who could scold the head of the duke's family face to face. 

 Beluga put together the Leolde's documents on went on his way 

Note  . This chapter is edited by King.J.Elias  . hope it wil make your reading more comfortable . p.s he said  that h can edit 2 chapters per day . P.s leave your feedback , if you can 

58