chapter 30
17.1k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Leoldo responded to Gilbert's sudden offer with vigor and is now escorting Barbarotp  to investigate water sources and exterminate demons.

 A survey team, including Leordo, is exploring the forest facing Zeato. They are basically on foot, walking around in the forest, but only one of them is tired .

"Haa ...... haa ......."

"Master Leoldo. It's not too late to return .

"I'd say so,...... but walking around in this thick forest is exhausting,......!

 "In addition, ......  i using ...... magic to ...... search for water sources, and   i am is doing ...... parallel work. I using ...... magic to ...... search for water sources!"

 Breathless and barely able to speak, Leoldo tells Barbaroto how hard it is for him.

"I understand that, but it's not a good idea to use that as an excuse to take a lot of breaks. It's part of your diet."

 Yes, this is part of Leoldo's diet, as Barbaroto said. It's also a way for him to get some real combat experience.

 Of course, Leoldo is aware of this. At first he wasn't keen on the idea, but he wanted to have an adventure at least once. From the middle of the trip, he was thrilled and excited.

 But now, here we are. His flabby body was so flabby that it was difficult for him to move it, and it was hard for him to take even one step forward.

(My knees are going to shatter at any moment. ...... Why are all the knights fine with such  heavy armor?)

Leolde, wondering  and called out to Barbaroth.

"Barbaroto. How come you guys don't mind wearing such heavy armor?"

"It's because we've strengthened our bodies. It's a natural skill for knights."

"What? Then I'll be able to--"

"Oh, Master Leolde, you are not allowed to use it. I'll allow you to use it only in combat, but not otherwise.

"What? Why?"

"It's an order from Gilbert. He doesn't want you to learn the ease of strengthening your body."

"No, but I can move, so why not?

"No. If you don't listen to me, He allowed to be a little rough with you."

 Leoldo can only smile bitterly at Barbaroto, who smiles and makes a cracking sound with his fists. He can complain about it here, but Leorde knew exactly how it would end.

"Okay, . ...... I'll follow Barbaroto words . ......"

"Yes. Then let us continue our search."

 There was no way to disobey him now. Leoldo obeyed Barbaroth's advice and dragged his heavy body to continue his search.

 The knights who were watching the exchange between Barbaroto and Leoldo were greatly surprised. It's not the same Leoldo they had heard about.

 If  he is not careful, this  talk might lead to   fighting with the duke's family. . If   they will displeased,  they don't know what will happen.

This is why the knights were having trouble dealing with Leoldo. The knights did not know how to treat him correctly, so they kept their distance from him and observed him, but what they learned from his interaction with Barbaroto was that he was not like the rumors saying .

 But that doesn't mean you can't talk to him like Barbaroto. Barbaroto is training Leolde to use a sword as part of his duties, so he has a different position compare    to other knights.

 The knights believe that this is why  he are allowed to do so.

 In fact, this is true, but Leoldo is not angry with the knights no matter how they treat him. Of course, he would be angry if it was too much, but he was willing to accept most of the treatment.

 Suddenly, he felt guilty because he had forced himself to participate in the event and had caused the atmosphere of the knights to deteriorate. So,  he prepared for a little bit of abuse.

 The knights would not understand such a thing.

 The knights keep their distance from Leoldo, and Leoldo wants to keep in touch with the knights, but he is depressed that they are so blatantly avoiding him.

(......The knights are avoiding me, aren't they? They glanced at me, but if I made eye contact with them, they would immediately turn away. ...... It's not a good  thing )

 He know why, but there's nothing  he can do about it. The only way to dispel a rumor is to spread more of them. Since the current Leoldo does not have any achievements that can cover up his past misdeeds, he needs to be active in the future.

 Moreover, it is not possible to do so in an ordinary way. 

 If Leoldo solves this case, there is a good chance that his image will not change, because based on what he has done so far, it seems that he has taken away the achievements of others. Therefore, it will take a lot of achievements for Leoldo to change his image in the future.

 However, at least the people around Leorde are changing their evaluation of him. Those close to him, such as Gilbert, Barbaroth and Shelia, know that he is changing.

 Unfortunately, the only person who doesn't know  it is Leoldo himself.

"Barbaroto. A demon."

 Leorde's sudden statement made the knights tense. The knights were also on the lookout for the demon, but only Leoldo could sense it.

"Master Leorde. Are you sensed something ?"

 When Barbaroto asks Leoldo, he looks at the knight who was in charge of guarding the surroundings. The knight, whose eyes met Barbaroto's, shook his head and told him that he did not feel any sign of the demon.

"Ah. It's just up ahead. The distance is probably ......100......150...... Sorry. I don't know the exact distance, but I'm pretty sure it's just up ahead."

"I understand."

 Barbaroto instructed the other knights, and one knight preceded him. Barbaroth and Leorde had the other knights stay where they were.

45