chapter 33
15.3k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Leoldo is the highest-ranking person in the survey team. However, since Barbaroto is in charge, what he says is absolute.

 So, if Barbaroto says it's over, it's over. In addition, Leoldo was too exhausted to investigate any further.

 Therefore, at Barbaroth's discretion, the investigation was cut short and they returned to  city ".

"There you are. Can you be a little more gentle?"

"What are you talking about? You sowed the seeds yourself. . You were reckless, even if it was to blast Master Leorde."

"I know that, but I'm injured."

"You are the one who chose to give  master Leoldo-a rough treatment, so please bear with  it !"

With a bash, the healer struck Barbaroto's healed scar.

"Aaah!"

"It's what you deserve!

 The healer finishes healing Barbaroto. The healer accompanying  them this time and  was able to heal Barbaroto's wounds to the level of lacerations.

 However, the bruised area was left untreated. The reason is that Barbaroto was too reckless.

 Even though he was trying to move Leoldo, who was too frightened to move, he put his body through too much. He also worried about Leoldo too much. At least someone had to blame Barbaroto for his recklessness.

 That was the role of the healer who healed Barbaroth, who happened to be wounded.

 On the other hand, Leoldo was surrounded by knights and was being questioned. The knights, who had initially avoided him , were convinced by the earlier battle that  he was not who they had heard him to be.

 So now they are interested in  him and keep asking him questions.

"Master Leoldo. You did a great job in the battle just now. Was it really your first real battle?"

"Yes. It was my first time. That is why I were not able to move until Barbaroth encouraged  me."

"How did you feel compared to Barbaroth, whom you fight regularly?"

"Don't ask me the obvious. A goblin is not even a match for Barbaroth."

"What do you ding  with Gilbert at the house?"

"With Gil, it's basically martial arts training . It's part of my diet, but it's really hard. I'm sure he's taking it easy on me, but I pass out every time."

 The conversation was lively, but one question changed the atmosphere.

"Are the rumors about Leoldo  that I heard in the capital true?"

 He must have judged that he could make it if the atmosphere was like this, but it was a big mistake. The knights who surrounded Leolde stopped for a moment and turned their heads towards the knight who asked the worst question at  once .

 The knights knew that they had  made mistake . However, the young knight  couldn't help but be curious about the truth of the rumor.

 The Leolde in front of him and the Leolde he heard about in the rumors were so far apart in impression.

"It's true. The rumors are true and I'm sure I'm a piece of trash."

   The knights could not hide their confusion when Leorde admitted that the rumors were true without any excuse.

"No. ...... I'm the one who asked that ...... question, may  you deny it l?"

"What's the point in denying it? It may change some of your opinions of me, but if  YOU find out about it later, it will change their opinion of me this time."

The knights had no words to reply to his words. As the atmosphere became gloomy, Leolde tried to get away from the knights.

"Damn, ......, the rumors are true, huh? I'm so glad I  lern it."

he moment Leorde left the knights, malice appeared. Of course, it reached Leorde's ears, and he turned back to the knights, but he could not see who said it.

 Leoldo does not want to find out who did it. He left the knights with a resigned look on  their face because  they deserved to be told.

(Of course. No matter how hard I try, my past misdeeds will not allow it. It's well said that no matter how hard I try, past misdeeds will not allow  me to return to the former life .)

 Even if  he  can do as much as others, the bad deeds that Leorde did in the past will never disappear.

 Realizing once again that Gilbert and Barbarotowere special, but the others were not, Leorde steeled  himself to be more diligent.

 After recovering, Barbaroto led the survey team back to the city . On the way back, Leoldo and the rest of the  team wondered why the atmosphere was so gloomy, but they couldn't figure out why.

 After returning to the city , the team returned to the barracks and went back to their respective posts.

 Barbaroto went to the training ground with Leoldo to practice sword fighting until Leoldo came to pick him up.

 However, during the practice, Barbaroto noticed that something was wrong with Leoldo. Remembering that it was dark on the way home, Barbaroto stopped  practice.

"What's the matter, Master Leoldo?  You don't seem to be at home."

"I'm just depressed because I haven't release reality in a long time."

"What did you say to me?"

 There was a slight hint of anger in Barbaroto's voice. Leoldo senses this and speaks in a muddled tone to appease him.

"I'll tell you a little about the past. It's all over now. It's nothing to be concerned about.

"Don't worry about it," he said. Then why do you look at me like that?

 He  noticed that Leoldo had a sad expression on his face.

"This is the thing. I'm hungry.

"Master Leorde. I'll summon the knights who accompanied  us on the investigation, please wait.

"Wait! It's all right, Barbaroto. It's true that I feel sad, but the man I was in the past was, by all accounts, a diabolical scoundrel. There's nothing for you to be worry about."

"But now, Master Leoldo, you are trying to clear your name! You can't allow yourself to be abused without seeing  your efforts!

"Thank you. I'm happy to hear you say that. But you know what, Barbaroto? There are very few people like you who can appreciate me."

"That's ......!

 In fact, it is true, so Barbaroto has nothing to say back. Who will praise him when the negative becomes zero?

"I'm still garbage in the eyes of the public. I've done something that can't be undone, and I deserve it. So, that's it for this story. Do you understand?"

"But then you will always be..."

"Don't say anything else. Just having people like you and Gil looking out for me is enough for me.

"Master Leoldo, ......!"

(How could such a person have gone astray ......!)

 It's more like he's just barely standing still. If the world had proceeded as it did in the original story of Destiny 48, Barbaroto would never have changed his opinion of Leoldo.

 It is because of the memories of the past life that Leoldo is here today. In a sense, you could call it a miracle.

43