Chapter 375
688 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leold and Sylvia moved into the room and sat on the sofa facing each other across the table.

 Isabelle left the room once in order to prepare tea and snacks.

'Master Leold. What is it that you have to tell me that cannot be told in the office?"

"As you know Sylvia, I'm manufacturing a car at the moment. It's almost finished. ......"

'Something big has happened, I see. The reason you couldn't do it in the office is because it would be very embarrassing if it became public knowledge?"

'That's right. The cars we're building now use mithril, but we don't have any mithril. All the mithril that was stored in Zeat has been used up."

"All of it, ......?'

'Ah, right."

 Leold turned his face away from Sylvia, who asked him with a serious look on her face, as if embarrassed.

 

'leold-sama. Why didn't you consult with me before you ran out of stock? If you had told me in advance, I could have prevented this from happening. ......"

 Leold hangs his head apologetically at the reasonable suggestion, but it doesn't change what has happened.

"I'm sorry. It was my fault."

"Of course it is, but it was Marco who was on the scene, right? He was aware that the mithril stock was about to run out and he failed to report it. He must be severely punished for this."

'No, it's not Marco's fault. . It's my fault that I didn't manage it right. So can't you just let Marco off the hook?"

"No, I can't. Leoldo-sama knows how important it is to report, inform and consult with others. I can understand why you want to protect your subordinate, but that won't help Marco to improve. He will become corrupt and think that Leold-sama will forgive him if he is just a little bit late in reporting, and he will neglect his work!"

'That's ......! Yes, ....... Sylvia is right. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I put you in a role you don't want to be in."

 Leold, who also has the memories as a modern Japanese, was reminded that Sylvia was right and how wrong he was.

 She realised that people don't grow up just by being nice to them.

 Sometimes it is important to scold people harshly.

 It's his job and his responsibility.

'Marco will receive a pay cut for the time being. Then it's time for you, master Leold to give Marco a re-education. Please make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes in the future."

"Ah. I understand."

 This incident must be reflected on both as a lord and as a member of society, and Leold bowed deeply to Sylvia.

 As soon as the conversation has come to an end, Isabelle comes into the room pushing a cart with tea and snacks on it.

"Thank you for waiting. Today it will be my own whimsical blend of tea and sweets.'

'That's an uneasy mix there, isn't it? I hope it doesn't have rag juice or something like that in it? Isabelle."

"Geez! Now, what are you talking about?"

'Master Leold. It's just one of Isabelle's usual tricks. She would never do such an insidious thing."

'I'm just a bit suspicious about her daily behaviour."

'I agree with that, but Isabelle has chosen the right time and the right place for her antics.

Is this it?"

 Whether she is soaring at Sylvia's praise or just getting on with it, Isabelle is now showing off her smug face, although it is hard to tell.

'............ it's evidence that she's choosing the right time and the right place."

'...... let's put it that way."

 The two parties are now in the process of discussing the mithril, which is essential for the manufacture of the car.

'If Leold-sama has brought up the subject of mithril to me, perhaps you want to know if the mithril mines owned by the royal family can really no longer be mined and what the truth is about the rumours."

'Thank you for being so perceptive. So what's the real situation?"

"There's no smoke without fire, that's what they say."

"You mean it's true. ....."

"Yes. There hasn't been any news of mithril digs in years."

"I see. So we still have to negotiate with the Duke of Flugel. ......"

 Leold hangs his head in disappointment as his last ray of hope is cut off.

 The only way is to bow down to the Duke of Flugel, although it is still very troublesome.

'Leold-sama. Do you really need mithril to manufacture cars?'

'Yes. At this stage, yes. Eventually, in order to reduce costs, we will develop a different material, but at this stage it is impossible to make cars without mithril."

'You're going to have an unveiling and then sell them, aren't you?"

'Yes, that's right. My plan is to present it to the royal family and other influential aristocrats, promote it to the wealthy merchants with large trading companies, and secure sales channels."

"I see. ....... I have seen the car once in the past and I think it is a wonderful invention. Once the car becomes widespread, it will enrich people's lives and stimulate the economy."

"But it is not possible at this stage. ......"

 Without the mithril, which is essential for the manufacturing of cars, it is impossible to sell them, or even manufacture them.

 No matter how great the invention is, if it cannot be popularised, it will be meaningless.

"The royal family can't just make a move. ......"

'I'm thinking of launching a territorial war as a last resort."

'Let's not do that. That would definitely throw the kingdom into chaos."

"I'm only going to take the mithril mines."

"The Duke of Flugel will fight to the death if it becomes clear that he will be deprived of an important source of income, so please don't do this."

"............"

'Please don't be silent. I'm seriously scared!'

'It can't be helped. Let's consider whether it's possible to make it from materials other than mithril, and postpone the unveiling.'"

  After thinking about this and dozens of times, Leold concluded that he would rather delay the car's unveiling than bow to Duke Flugel and ask for mithril loans.

 In this way, he would not have to bow down to the Duke of Flugel and he would not have to owe him anything.

 However, the car, which was nearly finished, would have to be put on hold.

 That's the only thing that's disappointing.

"Leold-sama. How much did you intend to sell the car for?"

"Huh? Ah, including materials, labour costs and technical fees, I'd say at least five million."

"At that price, it seems a bit out of reach for a commoner."

"Well, it uses rare mithril."

"In that case, why don't you sell cars made from mithril to the high-end market, and sell cars made from other materials to the commoners?"

I see. I see. If that's the case, it would be okay to set the price a little higher.

'Yes, that's right. If the decoration is more luxurious, and the interior more glittering, more people will be attracted to it."

'It'll sell. ......"

"It will sell. It's a sure thing."

 With a wicked smile on both their faces, they were very much alike.

 Isabelle smiles inwardly at the sight of her master and his wife, who are playing tricks with the money account, and she thinks they are a perfect match.

 However, the conversation is not at all pretty.

"Lady Sylvia. Your face is becoming quite interesting, just like Leold-sama's."

"Huh!"

"Who's got a very interesting face, you bitch?"

"You have a very interesting face, Leold. Did you enjoy talking about money accounts?"

"Mm."

Um, that ......, did I look that funny?

"You looked as bad as Leold, you know? Are you not aware of it? Lady Sylvia."

"Ahh... ......"

 Apparently, she was unaware of it.

 Sylvia is turning over in embarrassment, trying to get her facial muscles back in order, and rubbing both cheeks.

"'Is it my fault?'

 Leold asks Isabelle if he is the cause.

'No, perhaps she have been influenced by the fact that you've been in close proximity to Master Leoldo a lot recently. In the presence of those closest to her, she has begun to shed the iron mask that is her speciality."

'That's a good thing, I suppose. ......"

"It's a good trend. Isn't she adorable?"

'Mm."

 Cute, that's the only word that comes to mind.

3