c389
3.1k 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing the tea sweets prepared for them, Leold and others were chatting and laughing, but as it was time to go to sleep, they decided to go to their rooms.

 The next day, they left the containers on the table as they left them, as they would have them come back tomorrow to pick them up.

'Well, it's getting late. Shall we go to sleep now?

'Yes. 'Why don't we just stay up a little longer?'

'Sister Char, I have to be up early tomorrow morning. It's early in the morning tomorrow, so I think it's a good time to get some sleep."

"But wouldn't Sylvia like to have a bit more fun?"

"That's true, but ...... there's plenty of fun to come tomorrow."

"How do you really feel?"

"I'm just a little sad."

"Look!'

 Charlotte complains that since Sylvia is also saying this, a little bit more is fine, but Leold shakes his head and refuses.

'No, no, no. Even so, you're a regular oversleeper, how can I allow you to stay up late?"

"I'll be awake tomorrow~! Sylvia, say something to him."

'Sister Char, that's not right. I think that Leold-sama is right and I cannot defend you. ......"

'Now you know. Char, give up and go back to your chamber."

Charlotta had been pouting, but Leold and Sylvia both argued, she couldn't refute them, and her shoulders slumped with sadness.

 The two were so sad that Sylvia looked at Leold and asked him if there was anything they could do, but he shook his head and told her that there was nothing they could do.

 Sylvia then dropped both shoulders and called out to Charlotte, who was toddling towards the door.

'Sister Charlotte, if you don't mind, would you like to sleep with me? Then we can still have a nice chat.'

 Charlotte turned around and held both of Sylvia's hands with her sparkling eyes.

"Realy !? That's so good!"

'So, shall we head to the bedroom then?"

'Yes! 'Let's leave this dull man alone and talk for as long as we can!'

"Oh, please, go easy on me.'

'Of course! If it comes to it, I'll use my sleeping spell to put you to sleep!"

"'I'm a bit worried about that!"

 Sylvia looked towards Leold as if to ask for help, but he only smiled very ambiguously and did not extend his hand to her.

 Sylvia, betrayed by her fiancé, was shocked, but there was no way Leold could have stopped Charlotte in the first place, so this was bound to happen.

'I'm sorry. Sylvia. I can't do anything about it. ......"

'...... Leold-sama. I will see you tomorrow, if I am still alive."

'You two are awful! I don't care if it's Leold, I'm not going to be cruel to Sylvia."

"Don't do anything to me either!"

"Look, you have to be strong, don't you?"

"You're right, but at least give me a break when I'm home".

"You've got to be ready for battle."

"Harsh words. ......"

Following in Charlotte's footsteps, Leold also puts up barriers on a regular basis to protect himself from surprise attacks, ambushes and other threats.

 Of course, it is also part of his training and includes meticulous control of his magical power.

 

"It's still a bit naive."

 Charlotte, saying that, released magic at a speed that Leold could not detect, and pierced through the many layers of barriers.

'You're wasting too much time. You should be a little more careful.'

'...... I'll keep that in mind.'

"You can rest assured, though, that you're doing better than you were before."

'Well, that's good. That means I'm improving."

"That's what I mean. Well, then, Sylvia. Shall we go?"

"Uh, yes. Leold-sama. Good night."

"Good night. Sylvia, Char."

 They leave Leold and go to the bedroom.

 Leold was left alone and sat on the sofa for a while, soaking up the aftermath of their conversation, before deciding to go to bed to prepare for tomorrow.

 Sylvia and Charlotte went to the bedroom together and moved on to a late night girls' night together.

 When they reached Charlotte's bedroom, they lay down side by side on the big bed and enjoyed talking with only a small light on.

'So, Sylvia~. What are you going to do tomorrow?"

'Well, we're going to have breakfast and then we're going to leave. After breakfast, we will move on and enjoy sightseeing and shopping in the Royal Capital until noon".

'I know it's a little late for that, but the Royal Capital is a city we're familiar with, so it's not very interesting, is it?'

"Sister Char has a point, but with that ...... but if I am with Leold-sama, I can have fun anywhere."

"Cute! Sylvia's so cute~!"

 
 Sylvia's face, which is suddenly tightened by the hug, is embarrassed by her own statement and her face is slightly dyed red.

Sylvia's face is buried in Charlotte's chest and she groans until her face, which has turned red with embarrassment, returns to normal.

'U~.......'

'We are the only ones here, so you don't have to be so shy.'

'That's true, but ....... But I'm still embarrassed about such things.'

 Stretching out, Sylvia buried her face in Charlotte's chest and clung to her tightly.

 She then looked at Charlotte anxiously with a less dominating tone of voice than usual.
 

"'Am I not a burden to , ...... Leold-sama?"

'What's the matter with you all of a sudden?'

'I think that I see Leold-sama, who is always busy, looking ahead to a future that I can't even imagine, and run flat out. I wonder if I'm not a burden to him. ......'

'No, you're not. Leold has been more and more excited since you arrived. I'm sure he's just trying to look cool."

"Is that true?"

"Yes. Leold would never consider you a burden."

Even after hearing Charlotte's words, Sylvia cannot shake off her anxiety.

 Whether she is dragging Leold down, whether she is a burden, whether she is in the way, these fears do not disappear.

 Charlotte gently wraps Sylvia's cheeks, who is looking extremely sad and weak, and reassures her with a compassionate smile.

'Sylvia. Believe in the Leold you have watched so far. You can admire all of Leold's achievements, but the things he has done, the things he has built up, are real."

"Yes. ......"

"I'll accompany you in your complaints as much as you want, and if you want to cry, I'll lend you my chest. I want you to smile as well as Leold. Because that would make me happier, you know?"

 Happiness is everyday when everyone is smiling.

 Charlotte believes that everyday life spent with those she holds dear is irreplaceable.

 That is why she wanted Leold and Sylvia to smile too.

'Sister Char, .......'

'And what is there to be worried about? Leold has never once bothered about it. But you're right. If Leold ever treats you badly, I'll smash him then.'

 Looking at Charlotte, who winked mischievously and gave a thumbs-up, Sylvia smiled wryly.

'Heh. 'If it's big sister Char, it seems like you really would blow Leold-sama away, wouldn't you?

'Of course I would. Because it's a serious crime to make my pretty little sis cry.'

'Big sister Char, ....... I'm glad I had the courage to talk to you today. It made me feel so happy.'

 Sylvia's mind was at least a lot lighter than it had been a moment ago, although not all her fears had gone away.

'Shall we talk about tomorrow then? Or shall we have a bad-mouthing competition about Leold?'

'Hmm, it's hard to choose between the two.'

 Sylvia was torn between these two choices, but she chose to be sweet on Charlotte.

'Then let's do both."

'That's good! Then let's start by bad-mouthing Leold!'

 The two talk to each other in bed under the dim light.

 Starting with bad-mouthing Leold, they talked about tomorrow, the future, and many other things, until they fell asleep.

4