Two Prophecies
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing that the both prophecies were unfavorable confirmed the suspicions of most of the gods in the hall.

After all despite the reveal of two prophecies at once being unprecedented, it was not really a reason for Zeus to declare highest Threat level.

However if the prophecies were both unfavorable, then it would be a cause for alarm.

The prophecies were said to be the will of the cosmos or the universal sea itself, it was believed that the prophecies sent to the gods of various pantheons were its way of warning them of incoming dangerous events.

Although not all prophecies were warnings of danger, over 90% of them were.

As Zeus spoke of the prophecies he turned to look at Apollo and nodded, giving him the go ahead to speak of the contents of the prophecies.

"I believe we are not the only ones who received this prophecy and I'm sure you'd all think that too once you hear it's contents. Other pantheons have most likely received its and are probably already trying to prevent it from coming to Fruition" Apollo said solemnly.

His eyes then suddenly glowed before turning blank as he began to speak with a listless voice .

"On the day of black sun, as the sky darkens,

All gods of all worlds shall tremble in fear,

for the one who can bring an end to them,

shall be born"

The moment he finished speaking there was an uproar, it was only expected, after all the gods ruled most of the known Universes that existed and yet a prophecy that spoke of a single being bringing their end was just too absurd.

Over the billions of years of the rule of the gods, various uprisings, rebellions and coups have occurred to thwart their rule, while a small percentage of them succeeded, majority have failed and the culprits have met ends worse than death.

These attempts at thwarting the rule of the gods were ones planned by many beings of great power with armies numbering in hundreds of thousands and millions, yet no prophecies were given to forewarn about these events.

This was the first time a prophecy related to this was being given and yet it was about a single being. A prophecy of a single being bringing end to the numerous deities that govern the numerous universes that exist.

Such a thing was just too absurd. Some of the gods erupted in anger at the prophecy, some shook in fear, some laughed as if it were a joke, various gods has various reactions some even asked the twelve Olympians If this was a new type of joke the wanted to play.

"Silence!"

One word from Zeus and all the voices died down, one look at his face was all anyone needed to realize he was angry, it was only natural, the proud Zeus who rebelled against his father Kronos' rule, eventually defeating him and becoming the king of Olympus, such an individual was being told that he could potentially die to a being who wasn't even born yet.

It'd be weirder if he wasn't enraged, despite that he calmed himself and told Apollo to speak the second prophecy who in turn nodded and continued.

"The second one is quite weird, it's less of a prophecy of the future and more of a statement telling of the past events"

As his eyes glowed he once again spoke in a listless voice as all the gods quieted down to listen to the second prophecy believing that there might be clues providing greater insight into the first.

"An uneventful spring night it was,

where the paths of two beings crossed.

One a god, the other an Enemy of the gods.

Their union shall bring forth a child of destruction,

one who might cause his father's end"

While Apollo was speaking, the goddess of wisdom Athena caught a look of great shock and then acknowledgement on the faces of one of the chief gods seated around her. The look of shock she understood as even she was shocked, the look of acknowledgement however, she failed to understand.

That person looked as if they understood the exact meaning of the prophecy down to the identities of the two beings whose paths were said to have crossed. She was having thoughts about questioning this person but Zeus spoke up, interrupting her thoughts as he asked.

"What do you think about this Athena?"

Re-composing herself she answered

"I believe this second prophecy should have given us most of the clues we need to figure out where this being shall be born, and to whom he shall be born to" continuing, she said

"This child of destruction is most likely the one spoken about in the first prophecy, The father of this child is most likely god and the mother is to be an enemy of the gods, although we possess many enemies, the mother is likely to be from a race that most of the pantheons unanimously consider as enemies. That leaves us very few options. For such a being to possess such power, it's parents would not be of low status and power among their respective races which means for the side of the father, we're looking at at least a high-rank god, and the equivalent of that on the mothers side."

All the gods who heard their words pondered upon it and nodded with understanding.

While most where lost in their thoughts and sickeningly sweet voice rang out in the hall.

"Then what races do you think they are from?"

The one who spoke was the goddess of love and beauty, hailed as the most beautiful goddess in all of Olympus, Aphrodite.

As she spoke, the attention of all the gods in the hall was all gathered on her instantly regardless of gender. Even the ones who were lost in their thoughts pondering on Athena's earlier words stopped to stare at her.

The being who had gathered the attention of numerous gods with a single sentence didn't even seem to care as she only looked at the person she asked a question. Athena looked back at her with a weird look, having traces of slight annoyance before replying

"Titans, Devils, Giants, Demons, Gigantes, Formories. These are my suspects. Although we have many other enemies, these are the ones i think would have the time to raise a child with such a power just to kill us."

The races she called were all known enemies of gods of various pantheons.

"I believe it's the titans"

"I think it's the devils" another voice rang out.

"Definitely not, which sane god would bed those cunning bastards" one replied.

After that reply, Athena once again noticed a trace of anger in the face of the same individual who had a look of acknowledgement earlier.

'As I thought, he might know something' she said to herself internally.

"Maybe it's the demons"

"Could be the giants"

"Nahh, they're too big for that hahaha!"

"Maybe it's a race that's hiding their power"

"Could be one of those lady Athena didn't mention either"

Multiple voices with different opinions rang out as the gods tried to figure out what race the mother of this prophesied child of destruction could be from.

0