Chapter 23 – Meeting once more
118 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the affairs of the clan mostly settled, Denji quickly left in search of those men in black. With his sensory abilities, he was sure it would not take him long.

Yuri and Mishimoto already explored most of the eastern side of where they were located. Going by where the barrier was, Denji decided to head north.

Sticking to the trees would allow him to stay hidden. It was best to avoid unnecessary trouble. The enemies they had in this land were none, and he wanted to keep it that way for as long as he could. Even if the kids did find this boring, they would learn that times of peace rarely existed.

The night was slowly approaching as Denji could see the sun lowering. Although he should rest for tonight, he figured that was a bad idea. Even hidden he could still be found given enough time. If he were to sleep then his guard would be down. Which was not something he wanted.

Two hours of travel and searching the area with his sensory technique, Denji stumbled upon people. Many people, not just the small groups he found coming here. He could make out twenty or so of various heights and builds.

He knew this was a clan, but was it the one he was searching for. Denji stayed hidden in the trees as he thought over his approach.

Not all clans were passive, a lot could be very aggressive to anyone that was not one of them who stepped foot onto their territory. Denji had to be cautious.

In his mind he already mapped out an escape route. Although he was confident in his ability, Denji never underestimated anyone. Especially when he had no idea what type of jutsu they were capable of.

Stepping out onto the clearing, Denji's body appeared out of thin air. His presence startled the younger kids that were training and playing.

As fast as Denji appeared, two more figures came forth. Their speed was as fast as his own, if not faster. One stood in front of him, the other behind.

Denji had to give them credit, their reaction speed was quick. If only his clansmen moved at this speed that night... maybe things would have turned out differently.

Cold steel touched the back of his neck, causing Denji's hands to move. He had to stop himself as his purpose was not to kill anyone, but to make friends. 

"Speak, who are you?" A cold deep voice asked from behind.

"Asago Denji, I am here to ask a few questions. I also brought a gift." Denji told the man.

This was the place he was looking for, Denji knew that when he appeared. He could see the insignia on the armor of the man standing in front of him.

There was a moment of silence before Denji saw the man in front of him shake his head. They were checking to see if either of them knew of his clan.

"Kenta, Sur-" A figure flashed in front of the three of them. Silent as a ghost. He started to say something but stopped upon seeing Denji.

"Oh, if it isn't that old man from before. Did you get what you were looking for?" He asked not minding the position Denji was currently in.

"No, that is mostly why I came here. To see if you managed to get what you wanted from that place. Since you're asking me, I assume not." Denji responded. 

The long black haired man rubbed his short beard. "How did you find us? I don't think we are in the open. Nor do I recall telling you about our location." 

Denji replied calmly, "There are many ways to find people. I would tell you, but I can already see the way you treat your guests."

The long black haired man laughed. "Guest? It still hasn't been decided if you are one. You know how it is, troubled times and all."

Denji agreed.

"Still, seeing as you are by yourself and have come all this way..." The long black haired man paused as he made a motion with his hands. The two men that kept Denji in check vanished. "I can show some leeway."

"Thanks. We've met before, but never introduced ourselves. I'm Asago Denji." Denji held out his hand as he spoke.

The long black haired man eyed Denji's open hand with suspicion. "Narukami Rai." Rai said but did not shake Denji's hand.

3