Chapter 33 – Meaning
116 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izumi observed Kermit working out. He was doing push ups, something she found amusing. After all, he was tiring himself out for no reason.

Still, he was interesting. He always found ways to entertain her, even when they were not actively talking. Besides playing Pyo-shi and chatting with Kermit, Izumi actually had nothing else to do.

She did not learn to fight from her clan, and Kermit told her that basic punches and kicks would do her fine for now. Izumi did not know what he meant by that.

Therefore, she did nothing but watch him.

Kermit who was sweating smiled. "Yes!" He exclaimed as he pumped his fist into the air.

"What?" Izumi asked him.

Kermit glanced over at her and grinned. "I broke my record! Twenty-seven now." Kermit said proudly.

"Is that... impressive?" Izumi asked as she tilted her head. She watched him do push ups, but she never attempted to do it herself.

"I'd like to this so." Kermit began. "Come over here and try yourself. Let us see how many you can do." Kermit waved her over.

Izumi got up and walked towards him. She copied what he did as she held herself up. It was a bit more weight that she first imagined but nothing unbearable.

'This isn't so hard.' She told herself after successfully completing her first push up. Up, down, up, down she went. After ten, her arms started to shake as the weight she was carrying became heavier. It was as if someone placed a mountain on her back without her knowing.

She looked at Kermit seeing what he was doing. But he was just observing her.

As Izumi tried to go down once more, her arms gave out and she fell.

"Twelve total, not bad."

Izumi felt exhausted but still pouted a bit. Just twelve? She felt like she did more than that.

"Let me try again." She told him as she tried to get up. However her arms felt like limp noodles.

"Rest, let your body recover first. Try again later." Kermit said.

He found it kind of cute how she struggled to get up. He was tempted to ask her why she was bad at this. Like she first did when she beat him at her game. But, he would not do that.

"How do you do this? Is there some sort of trick?" Izumi asked him as she laid flat on the ground with her arms spread wide.

"No tricks. You'll get better the more you do it, like how you're so good at Pyo-shi." Kermit told her.

"I was good at that from the start. My grandfather told me I was the most talented in our entire clans history." Izumi said.

Kermit wondered if there was some hidden secret behind Pyo-shi. Why else would her clan praise her for her talent?

"You never did tell me what clan you belong to. But you always talk about your dad."

Izumi shot up from her position. "Well, you never asked about them."

"Thats true... what's the name?" Kermit asked.

"Narukami." Izumi answered swiftly.

Kermit repeated that name a few times. In his mind he was drawing blanks. It was a clan he never hears of in Naruto. Still, it could exist. Not every single clan was explored.

"What does it mean?" Kermit asked another question.

"Hmm..." Izumi placed her finger on her cheek as she thought about it. "Grandfather said that great-grandfather survived a bolt of lightning in the past. Because if that, he started calling himself Narukami, God of lightning. That's why our clan has a Thunder bolt for its emblem." Izumi explained.

"Does that mean your clan mostly uses lightning techniques?" Kermit asked fully curious on this matter.

Izumi was silent for a moment as she thought some things over. "Not that I recall. Only my mom uses lightning. I have seen my dad shot a fireball from his mouth. It was huge!" Izumi said as she widened her arms to give Kermit a visual image of the fireballs size.

Kermit thought the name was a bit misleading. But, his own clans name was as well in a way. Kermit had a feeling that his clans name was supposed to be Asagao, but it was Asago. Both of which meant two different things as Kermit only knew the meaning of the first one.

But whatever, he did not care that much about it. Not like anyone would ever ask him what it meant.

"What is your family like? You don't talk about them much." Izumi asked him as she saw Kermit was staring at empty space.

3