Chapter 001: My Life At Peace PART 3
1.5k 8 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning With Crystal


“Ugh...”

My eyelids are heavy, and there's a slight tingling pain in my brain — it's both itchy and agonizing. I'm feeling lightheaded too.

I wish I could avoid going to school. Just staying in bed, doing nothing but sleeping and daydreaming sounds perfect, doesn't it?

But agh, no. I have to go to school and fulfill my academic responsibilities.

Anyway, what time is it?

「July 12, 2021 | Monday」

「04:57」

Fufufufufu... Great!

The reason why I feel happy waking up earlier than I usually do is because of my little sister. She's my built-in alarm clock, and that's a compelling reason to forfeit the satisfaction of more sleep.

When it's passed 「05:00」 and I'm still asleep, my little sister will knee my stomach to wake me up.

She suddenly begun acting like this and I still don't know the reason why. Well, I have an idea but that seems impossible.

My little sister— She was very clingy when we were kids but when she grew up, she became distant.

But in the past few weeks, she suddenly changed.

She is now kneeing me occasionally. My stomach suffers every now and then. And it gotten worse since last week.

Does she hate me or something? Did I do something wrong? I won't know unless she tells me herself.

I suppose I'll try to ask.

「05:02」

She's here. Shall I act like a last boss awaiting for the final battle?

This could also be some sort of revenge. She is probably expecting to have a valid reason to hurt me this time again, but I wonder what reaction she'll make once she see me wide awake expecting her instead.

Fufufufufufu....

This is kind of fun.

“I've been waiting for you. Did you think you can catch me off guard. I shal—”

*Smack!*

“Kagh!!”

Agh that hurts. That didn't went by the script I had in mind. What the heck? You're not supposed to hurt me.

“Good morning, kuya,” she beams warmly, her eyes narrowed with a sweet smile, hands clasped together—the same hands that moments ago hurt me.

If a stranger were to see that smile, they'll worship her for sure. She's such an angel! And I admit that she is cute and the resemblance of innocence and purity.

For me though, that smile is just making her look more diabolic. If I am oblivious about her violent tendencies to herbeloved kuya, I might also see her as an angel.

However, I am her kuya and I am her target of violence.

F-fufufufu... Good morning Crystal... Same like last night I see...? A smack into the diaphragm, huh. Do you hate me that much?” I struggle trying to get up from the floor while desperately trying to stop myself from squirming.

I.... I can't breathe...

“Geez~ You're so silly kuya Mark. I love you more than anything else you know.. ehehehehe~” blushing and fidgeting, she appears both embarrassed and shy.

But love, huh?

I'm not sure where on hell this definition of love came from. If you got this from the devil, I'd like to meet them.

“Come on now kuya Mark, our breakfast will get cold..” she's dragging me by grabbing the back side of my collar.

Although I have a lot of complaints regarding her personality, she still does her little sister duty very well. The dishes she makes are top quality and she can do the household chores in an impressive way.

I have no complaints with respect to this.

I just hope she stop being intimate’ with me and just go back to how she use to be.

Whatever, we start eating.

This omelette suits my taste. I'm the type who likes to eat strongly flavored foods so I like the saltiness of this egg.

She also knows the type of coffee that I like. Pure coffee free of cream and sugar. It is so bitter as hell that makes me nauseates.

That's what I love about it though. It stimulates the pleasure hormones in my brain.

『In a shocking development, the Bloodreaper has struck once more, with another tragic mass murder targeting a family of three. Questions arise about the transformation of the once-revered hero, now turning his violence towards innocent civilians instead of criminals. Stay tuned for further updates on this unsettling series of events...』

While listening to the news report on the television, Crystal turns her head to look at me with worried gaze, “Kuya, please don't stay too late at night okay? It sounds so dangerous to do so.”

Hmm?

I see.  Was this why you choked me last night?

I feel really strange. She's now being open with her feelings about me. It's like when she was a toddler.

Is this still my sister? Could it be that she's a reincarnated cultivator? Or a transmigrated villainess?

“Just who the hell are you?”

“Who else but your beloved little sister that loves you so much, kuya Mark~★” she winks at me.

No way.

What is happening here?

This gives me the creeps. I'm not really use to this.

“By the way kuya, here's your lunch.”

She pushes the burning hot lunch box onto my face.

Agh! What the hell are you doing?

Are you trying to burn my face?

“T-thanks,” I take it immediately while caressing my cheeks with my other hand. It's probably red right now.

I then open the lunchbox to check if there's a dark matter or somethi—

No way!

It's a simple heart food art using various green vegetables and fish meat. There are many glow foods such as cabbages and carrots in it. The rice that serves as the foundation are ample as well.

This is a lie isn't? How's this possible? Don't you hate me?

She used to just give me cooked rice but why is there viands now...?

Wait—

What is she up to?

What does she need from me?

“Do you want something from me, Crystal?” I shut the lid of the lunchbox and lay it on the table. I then rest my left hand beside it while using my right hand to caressed my still itchy cheeks.

*Bam!*

She stabs a petty knife in between the index finger and middle finger of my left hand.

Why are you so violent? And what's with your speed?

She pouts, “Geez~ You're so dumb kuya Mark. What's so bad about loving one's brother and not asking for anything in return? All I want is to take care of you, you know?”

She kneads my cheek— Ah! It hurts. Don't pinch it.

Unconditionally, huh? You might not really ask something but everyone gains something in one way or another when doing something for others. It could be satisfaction or joy, and so forth.

How do you satisfy yourself with this behavior, li'l sis~?

I guess I need to get use to this.

My clingy and affectionate li'l sis is back with a violent twist.

The cost for my lost, overly attached sister's return involves exerting violence and dominance over me, but, well, I consider it a reasonable sacrifice. Truly.

Fufufufu~~

44