Chapter 002: We Meet Again PART 1
1.1k 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We Meet Again My First Love


““““Gooooood morning Ma~am Iris~”””” everyone excluding me greets ma'am Iris.

“Take your seat,” she says without changes in her intonation.

Unlike with the rest of our teachers, all my classmates are very behave. 

Ma'am Iris is just different. 

The prevailing atmosphere may be attributed to her perceived cold and aloof demeanor. She emanates an air of indifference, seldom initiating conversation unless prompted. Her communication style is characterized by concise and to-the-point expressions, contributing to an overall impression of reserved and unapproachable behavior.

Additionally, her noble temperament is accentuated by the silver cascade of her long hair and the piercing ice-blue gaze that reveals no emotions.

Ma'am Iris is also not the type to display her emotions, and in fact, I haven't witnessed any emotional expressions from her. Given that it's only the second month of the school year, my interactions with her are confined to her teaching sessions. I haven't had the chance to see or interact with her beyond the classroom setting. 

Interestingly, even during instances where she appears to be 'scolding' someone, her approach seems strictly procedural, almost as if she's executing a task from a manual. The delivery is notably monotone.

Her voice and tone maintain a neutral and formal quality, with a touch of politeness in her choice of words. However, despite this seemingly composed demeanor, there's an underlying sense of intimidation that adds a certain level of unease.

Your instinct just tells you she won't be the type that shows mercy.

Currently, because it's ma'am Iris, my classmates are all sitting to their assigned seats.

So, our seating plan is all alphabetical, which means boys end up sandwiched between two girls. Supposedly, it's to balance out the higher number of girls and keep the guys from turning the class into a noise festival.

Ironically, it turns out that girls, too, can be quite noisy, if not noisier when grouped together. However, at the moment, a peculiar silence is pervading the class. 

I can't help but chuckle, “Fufu.” I was giggling silently. But the room is too peaceful that such noise is very audible.

Ma'am Iris looks at me in the eye, “What's so funny Mr. Reverren? Want to share it in front of the class?”

Everyone turns their eyes on me. I can see some of them holding back their laughter.

I stand up, “Sorry ma'am but I doubt we have the time for that.”

“Don't worry. We're all fine letting you speak for one hour. So please do,” Ma'am sits down on her seat waiting for me calmly with no signs of anger nor irritation.

My classmates looks scared. My seatmate is nudging me while lowering her head seemingly cringing.

“I'm sorry ma'am.”

“So you don't want to share it?”

“N—”

“Ma'am! Can you please let Mark-kun slide. He's just really mischievous? Pwease~?” I was about to reply but Mary intervenes. She has this begging face but I doubt it will work on ma'am.

Ma'am Iris glances at Mary before monotonously telling me to sit down, “Sit back mister Reverren and behave.”

Oh. It worked? I doubt it affected ma'am. I bet she lets me off because she doesn't really want to waste time on my antics.

“Thank you po ma'am,” Mary sits back after thanking ma'am Iris with a happy smile.

You're really like a sun Mary fufufu.

Mary is maybe short and petite. But her eyes are like those of a sun. Bright and passionate.

I give her a thumbs up and Mary just smiles back at me while shaking her head lightly.

“I have some news for you. You will meet a new classmate who transferred from Manila. I hope you all get along with her.”

Everyone let a soft ‘Oh~’ sound but immediately silenced themselves.

I wonder who it is?

Whatever. I don't really care.

“I'll go get her.”

Ma'am checks on her phone before leaving.

Hmm..?

My female seatmate tugs the sleeves of my uniform.

“Reverren, Reverren.”

“What?”

She shows me her phone. There's a certain anime fan art on her phone, “You've watch this anime right? I liked it but I want more. Is it the end? I can't seem to find the next season.”

“Fumufumu, I agree. This is indeed a masterpiece. It's animation quality is topnotch as well. Who did you liked in that?”

“I liked the girl with yellow short hair. I like how cool she is and always seem to be level-headed. She's intelligent and cute. And I love how she tried to do something out of character just to make the main protagonist fall for her. Even though the MC is already taken, she still followed her feelings. So, I shipped her with the MC and I hope she win in the end.”

“I see I see. That's indeed exciting. So you wanted more?”

“Yes. Is there a manga or something?”

“Oh... there's a novel. Wait... Oh, I sent you the link.”

“Eh? Really... Oh, nice! Thank you Mark!”

Fufufufu~

“Eh? Wait. Why there's only 23 chapters starting from the last arc in the anime? And the last update is like six years ago.”

“Oh that. The author committed suicide.”

She looks blank for a moment then stares at her phone in daze, “What...?”

“.............”

She looks at me expressionlessly but with her mouth agape, “Why...? That's... oh..”

I pat her in the back, “It's fine it's fine. It can't be helped. That's life.”

Sniff..”

Oh hell. She's about to cry.

“Uh. You can just continue it yourself. Write a novel and give your series the ending you desire.”

“But.. I'm not that—”

I hush her with my finger, “Shhh~ Don't say that. Don't you want it? Then do something about it yourself. Why do you cry when you can't get what you want when you haven't even done anything yet?”

“I....” she remains silent then she tightens her facial muscles afterwards.

“I got it! I'll try it. Thanks.” She looks at me thankfully then suddenly sharpens her gaze, “You did it on purpose did you? Geez.”

“Of course.”

“You're so cruel. But I'll listen to you hehe.”

“Don't worry. I'll help you.”

“Eh? You know how to write a novel?”

“Fufu. I'm a published author you know.”

“Really?”

“Yes. I never lie.”

She's looking at me with suspicion and is about to speak but ma'am is back with a girl one head shorter than me following behind her.

Well... This is...

“Get back to your seats.” She then signals to the girl, “Kindly introduce yourself.”

Oh hell, even for me this is a surprise.

“Greetings, everyone. I'm Mae M. Gradielle, and I'll be your fellow student for the remainder of the school year. I look forward to getting to know each of you.”

Her calm voice, carrying a subtle cheerfulness, harmonizes with the gentle breeze. The short black strands of her hair sway in the air, and her dark brown eyes capture the sunlight streaming in from her left.

Yeah right. Fufufufu~ To think we will meet again.

Welcome—

—My first love.

41