Chapter 003: On The Way Home PART 1
762 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Talk With Al


We walk towards the backside of one of the biggest building in our school. This place is so desolated. Looks like most students already went back home.

However, they sure left a lot of garbage. Oh hell, they're so lazy. The big blue garbage can is just like literally few meters away and yet...

And some of the stone tables are stained with juices or sauces. Where should we sit now?

Oh hell, I can imagine the heavy scent and.. ugh, these are disgusting.

Ah, there's a seemingly clean one over there.

I point at it to Al and we sat on the stone chair parallel to each other. But oh hell, it's hot. I can feel my butt burning a little. It also make my stomach sick.

So I take my handkerchief and lay it down on the stone table then sit my butt on it.

“Hell, those who went here earlier surely doesn't know how to be neat and clean.”

“Hahaha. Well, you can't blame them. It's tiring after all and they're pretty much busy with their own businesses.”

“Busy for what? Playing games? Messaging one another? It won't take that much time anyway. Fufufufu, they're really lazy.”

“But it's been a while. I mean, sitting with you like this makes me feel nostalgic. I missed those times where we hang out and chatted with Ace and Reiji mostly everytime. Where we eat lunch while talking about a lot of nonsensical things.”

Hmm..

That time huh. I'm kinda childish before so it feels cringey.

“Yeah. You're so noisy in fact. You're so loud and shouts everytime.”

“Hey! I don't do that!”

Fufufufu~ Oh really~ ?”

He scratchhis cheek.

Uh... Well, I'm defending myself...”

Fufufufu. Okay okay. I get it. Right, you mentioned Ace and Reiji last time, how are they?”

“You don't really know?”

“I'm rarely online so we could barely talk. The last time I opened my FB account, Reiji's last message is just a simple birthday greeting.”

“Wow. I can't believe you're not active in social media.”

“What's the point?”

“Well, browsing and scrolling for various stories is satisfying.”

“And that's why I call it meaningless.”

“Come on. It doesn't matter, it's just for fun. Don't you see memes posted like every minute. And sharing posts is satisfying as well.”

“Is that the feeling of achievement everytime someone reacted to your post?”

“Yeah. Personally, everytime someone ‘HaHa’ reacts in my shared post, I'm like: ‘Yes yes, quality content I don't like ‘like’ reacts though.”

Eh.... Because it feels out of place isn't it? And the color blue looks gloomy.”

“Yes yes. And I feel like it says that my post isn't funny. It feels condescending.”

“That's just your perception. Besides, sometimes it is because people feel too lazy to choose another reactions. So they'll just click the default.”

“Well, uh. Whatever.”

“How are you and Mae-chan?”

He's silent.

“We're fine.”

Hmmm.

“Really?”

“Yes. Just some problems.”

“I see.”

Al stares at me seriously.

“Anyway, I understand that what I did was bad. I basically betrayed you. But I can't help it.”

Hmmm...

“Oh it's fine.”

“I just.... I know it's my bad. However, I want to apologize. And I want to patch things up. I want to fix things. Besides, Mae also wanted it. So can we try?”

Took you so much time. I wonder what's your hidden agenda for this.

“But there's nothing to repair. I already asked this, but is there something broken?”

“Come on Mark. You know what I'm talking about? I really wanted to put things back to normal.”

“I understand what you want to say Al. Don't worry about it. It's already fine. I've long forgiven you. Besides, it's not your fault. And I'm not really blaming you.”

“Really?”

“Oh hell. It's long time ago and I don't really care about it.”

“Ha! Hahahahaha! That's great! I missed hanging out with you. You should actually come with me. We're okay now right?”

“Is what you want something fun?”

“Oh yes it's fun. Don't you get bored easily?”

“Oh hell, I do get bored very easily and it's annoying. I tend to lose interest real quick.”

“So do you want to have fun?”

“What fun?”

“Well, uh, why don't you try doing something new.”

“Oh? Stop beating around the bush and just spit it out.”

“You know that there's a group growing lately don't you?”

“Is it the ‘Schadenfreude’ you spoke of?"

Uh... Yes yes! Exactly! Now, do you want to join?”

Is this your objective?

“Didn't you say you're already a member?”

“Uh... I mean it as joining them as a core member. I'm only part of the gang but I am yet to be part of Schadenfreude. With this, we could also get into their forum and secret website.”

“But forget it. I don't need to. Besides, aren't they evil?”

“I didn't say that. Besides, a group being ‘evil’ doesn't mean you need to be ‘evil’. If that's the case, everyone in this world is evil.”

“Well, evil is subjective. But that group seems to be a bad news.”

“We won't be doing any harm to others anyway. We'll just join. Doesn't it seem cool to have a group that's backing you?”

“And why I should choose this group as my backing? You don't even know what kind of group you're planning to join into.”

“I know what is it. It's like a gang. No, it's actually a gang hood. But those in that group has also sub groups. We'll join in a sub group that isn't bad. And we will have our backing.”

Isn't bad huh. Really now. Where can you find that?

“Come on. There's no need. You better stop with that idea actually. It's dangerous after all. It's not as cool as you think. It has its terrible cons.”

“What? Stop lecturing me! You want to join or not?”

“I don't.”

“Wha— uh.. okay okay. Suit yourself. But, if you want to join, just tell me. I'll help you.”

“Why are you so eager to make me join with you?”

I.... err....”

“Hmm.......”

“W-What..?”

“Are you scared?”

He stands up jerkily.

“I'm not!”

“If you're scared. Then don't join. Why do you even want to join there? Is it really to have a backing? If not, and just to be edgy, then stop.”

He grab me by the collar.

Well, he's triggered.

“I am not playing around Mark. I'm serious! I need to join there.”

And you are inviting me to have fun earlier?

I wave my hand while giggling.

Fufufufufu. Alright alright. Don't take me seriously.”

“I'm sorry.”

He sits weakly on the stone chair and looks to be in daze while looking at the ground.

What's with your sudden change of mood?

“Did something happen?”

“No Mark.. It's just... I got myself into a deep shit... And, I am not sure when they'll found me.. so I need to be part of that big gang hood.. I have no turning back... ”

Well, that's cute.

“Someone's searching for you? Why don't you asked your parents? Or your grandpa. He's a retired general isn't he?”

“I already think of that. But... Uh god... No forget it... Let's not talk about it.. Will you join with me or not?”

“Let me think about it.”

Uh... okay... tell me soon. I don't have time.”

“Fufufufu.”

*ZzzzzzZzzzzZzztt!*

Oh, my phone is vibrating.

I pull it out and read the message from Eli-chan saying that they're waiting for us back at the classroom.

“Let's go back. They're waiting for us.”

“Oh okay.”

We stand up and started walking back to our classroom.

26