Chapter 005: Paranoia PART 1
665 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What Did You Talk About With My Mom?


 「06:15」

I thought I was early but it looks like somebody else is already here.

“Mae-chan go~od morning~!”

A petite girl is sitting on the step of the staircase. She's currently using her phone.

When Mae-chan heard my greeting, she smiles at me before coming down the stairs walking towards me.

“Are you the only one here?”

“Yes. I was here for ten minutes and didn't moved once. Nobody else was here until you came.”

“Fufu. I thought I was early but you beat me. Look around us, it's so foggy. And it feels cold. You surely are an early bird.”

“It feels chilly but I can handle it. Do you have the key for our room?”

I take my bag off and put it on the ground letting it lean on the wall of our classroom. Mae-chan did the same and put her bag beside mine.

“I don't know. We left together last time and we weren't the last one to leave the room. So I don't know who have the key.”

I walk towards the staircase and sit on the third step. Mae-chan sits beside me but one step higher.

“Ah. About yesterday um... Thank you for helping us against those guys.”

“Yellowhead? Of course I will help. I can't possibly just stand by right?”

“Hehe. But Rose said you were there already but cowardly hid yourself.”

“Well, there's no need for me to join in the fight.”

“Well, that's true. Rose and Al are great fighters. Miss Hecate was also there. But, if you didn't came in time, they might had gotten hurt.”

“I know. But... What do you plan to do Mae-chan?”

“What???”

She looks confuse.

“You know what I mean.”

“Oh...”

She shows me an apologetic smile.

“About that, I... Are you really sure about what you said yesterday? I feel ashamed but... I don't really have anybody to ask for help so I will—”

I hush her.

“I won't go back on my word.”

“Ohh.”

She's silent for a moment then nods gently at me.

“Thank you.”

“So what's your plan?”

“I want to have a talk with Al. I first wanted to know what's wrong.”

“I see. Don't forget to ask me for help if you need it.”

“Thank you Mark-kun.”

Mae-chan is smiling softly with lowered head. Perhaps because she feels embarrassed, her face is slightly red.

I find her profile view adorable. Her small face is turning my cuteness aggression on.

I stretch my right hand to pinch her cheek but—

*Swoosh~*

A fast silver light flies towards her face from behind me. I stretch my hand to grab it and I feel the strength of the perpetrator who threw it.

I immediately hide the silver knife into my pocket before Mae-chan can turn around.

“What was that?”

“What?”

“Uh no. I just felt a strong breeze blowing towards me.”

“I felt it as well. It was pretty strong.”

“Is that s—”

“Mark!”

It's Eli-chan.

“Miss Hecat—”

“Stay away from him!”

Eli-chan walk towards us and she blocks Mae-chan from me.

Mae-chan takes a step back and she looks a bit scared. Well Eli-chan is glaring at her.

Eli-chan gnashes her teeth then pulls me away from the staircase. She sees my bag with Mae-chan and her grip on my arm tightens.

It hurts.

She kicks Mae-chan's bag away causing it to slide half-a-meter away then picks up my bag putting it far from Mae-chan's. She takes her bag off putting it beside me while it faces Mae-chan's bag.

Mae-chan glances at Eli-chan but didn't say anything. She instead picks up her bag then wears it on her back. She then walks back to the staircase.

Meanwhile, Eli-chan drags me away.

“So why were you trying to kill Mae-chan?”

She stops and so did I. She didn't let my arm go though but she loosens her grip a bit.... Hmm. A bit.

We're now behind a small unused classroom.

“I-I wasn't trying to kill her.”

Really now?

“Alright. So why did you throw this then?”

I take the knife from my pocket using my left hand which is free. I then give the knife back to Eli-chan.

She looks at it looking rather stiff before putting it back inside her clothes. Specifically on her belly band.

“Because you're being sweet with her.”

She isn't looking at me. She's looking on the ground.

She looks wronged.

“I see. My bad then. But you aren't like this before. You wouldn't react like you did if it was in the past. So why now? What happened Eli-chan?”

I mean, you seem way too triggered? Defensive? Something like that.

What happened within last night?

The only thing that comes to mind is my mom.

Agh. Bloody hell.

“What did mom say to you?”

“!!”

She looks alarmed and her grip on my arm tightens again. Her hand is getting colder this time though.

She... She... Um... Mark...?

With lowered head and back, she's looking up to me through her bangs.

Oh hell, she looks pitiful with this anxious and hesitant to ask appearance.

What the hell did you say to Eli-chan, mom?

“What is it? Did mom scold you for biting me?”

“!!”

She looks scared this time.

“Y-You won't leave me right? I only did it because... Uh.. well, please just hit me back. I won't dodge.”

She straightens her body so she's no longer gripping me. Her head is turned sideways and her eyes are tightly closed with a hint of tears.

Eli-chan is trembling.

I pinch her nose to turn her head back to me.

“I am not angry. I let you bite me, remember?”

“But your mom, she...”

“Please just tell me what she did.”

“She was angry at me.”

What? Mom was angry? Eh? I find that nearly impossible. She won't get angry over something like that... I think.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“What exactly happened?”

Uhm... she asked me why I hurt you and why do I need to harm you.... I'm sorry for what I did... I didn't know you'll resent me...

“What? I resent you? Fufufu. I don't. Why would you think that way?”

“Because your mom said so! She said we're in a quarrel. I'm really sorry. I'm begging you.. Kindly forgive me...”

“Wait what? Mom said what? I'm not angry Eli-chan. And we're not in a quarrel.”

“But your mom seemed like she believes it. I also told her we're not in a fight but I'm sure she isn't convinced. Do you actually have hidden frustration with me? I'm so sorry!”

“Calm down and listen to me.”

“Um...”

“It was Crystal's fault. She fed mom a lie and she believed it. Don't worry I'm not mad.”

“Really?”

“Yes...”

“You're not lying to me right?”

“Did I ever lie to you about serious things?”

“Uhn... No...”

“See?”

“Then...”

She looks confuse at first then as if she realized something bad, she grimaces.

“Your mom lied to me then! Why would she do that...? Ah! Oh no... Is she trying to make us fight so that... Not good. Your mom hates me!”

She is suddenly talking to herself. Then without warning, she grabs my shoulder looking extremely worried.

Are you jumping to conclusions?

“Calm down Eli-chan. Mom doesn't hate you.”

“No! What if what if—”

I clasp her face.

“Calm down—”

“I'm really worried Mark! How can I calm down?! What if she decided to go against our relationship? What if she wanted us to separate? I'll have no chance of winning against her Mark! She's your mother.”

“She won't.”

“But she's your mother— Agh! Please Mark! Don't leave me please. I am not saying you should go against your mother. But we could still be in a relationship even if it's a secret! Just don't leave me! I won't be able to take it. Okay?”

17