Chapter 006: Unworthy PART 1
504 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Am Better Than Her


“You look so happy giggling even though you're just looking outside.”

Somebody spoke from behind.

I'm currently resting my elbows on the edge of the window of the Gabaldon building.

There are still few minutes before the flag ceremony begins. And I have nothing else to do but to be idle.

“Is everything prepared?”

“Yes. The sound system, the prayer leader, and the flag are all ready. We're all just waiting on standby now.”

She stands beside me then looks out of the window. Her golden hair flutters when a gust of wind blow inside.

She's tall and beautiful. She also has a nice figure. If it's in terms of physical appearance, I see no reason as to why Mark would break up with her.

Mark haven't said anything and I don't dare to ask. I am unaware of what happened so I might risk angering him if I speak carelessly. I'll just wait for him to speak about it himself. He loves to storytell anyway.

In any case, this girl is Rose. She's our SSG Treasurer this school year.

She's in the same grade level and class section as I do. That means, she's also Mark's classmate.

She's no threat compared to Mae because Mark isn't someone you could stimulate easily. He isn't fickle so it's less likely for anyone to make him fall for them.

Unlike Mae.

Mae is Mark's first love. He once mentioned her briefly to me before. He didn't really say that much. But when he was describing her, he was being subjective. He was describing her sincerely with his own perception. I was really threatened and afraid that time.

Fortunately, she wasn't in the city and Mark also said he won't leave me for her. I am doubtful but I chose to believe in him.

However, why does she need come back now?! It's only been a day yet Mark is already breaking away from me! Although he said he won't leave, what if he get seduced by that bitch?!He loved her once after all!

That's why I need to make sure Mark will see me as someone better than her at any aspect as much as possible.

“But are you going to be fine for later?”

“I'll be fine. I long memorized the lyrics and I'm in my best condition today hehe.”

“I haven't heard you sing before so I'm kind of looking forward to it. But, hmmm, you're unusually excited so I feel strange looking at you like this.”

“Is it... that obvious...?”

“Not really obvious but it's visible. At least to those that knows you well.”

“Hehehe... Well Mark is looking forward to it.”

Yes. Mark is cheering me up. He's looking forward to me singing on the stage. And this is a chance for me to show off myself to him.

If he hear me sing at my best, he might start falling in love with me. Ahhhh! No! Wait, I can't be complacent!

I need to do my best!

“Seeing you acting like this is a novel sight but the reason behind it is that bastard? Humph! How disappointing. I wonder what flowery words he said to fool you.”

Eh?

“No! It's not a lie!”

Oh no. I let my thoughts out loud.

“Uh, eh. Um... I'm sorry.”

“No no. I should be the one saying sorry. I apologize for shouting at you. It's just that Mark won't lie to me.”

“... Humph.”

“Are you still mad at him?”

“Of course I am! He's a coward leaving us ladies fight all by ourselves.”

Mark isn't a coward. You know nothing at all aren't you? He just had a trust in our ability. I'm really glad I can fight properly. With this, I'm one step ahead of Mae once again.

And this attitude of Rose is probably one reason why I don't feel her as a threat. She's sharp-tongued and harsh. She also seems to have some sort of bitter feelings for Mark. Perhaps this is the reason why they broke up.

But even so, I can't afford to lower my guard down. She's also one of Mark's ex girlfriends after all. And although she has her own boyfriend, I can't just be at ease. So at the very least, I need to push her to somebody else.

Al for example.

Al is Mae's boyfriend. But I noticed that their relationship is crumbling. And that increased the risk because Mae could— No, she will surely turn her eyes back to Mark once she broke up with Al. And I won't allow that to happen!

So this is where I could put Rose in. If she or Al fell in love to each other, it will cause a chaos.

Mae will be mad at Rose because she'll see her as the reason why she and Al broke up. Rose's boyfriend will be mad as well and I'm sure he'll do something about it.

While they're all busy to each other, I can use that chance to make Mark mine. Or if I'm fortunate, they will all just disappear from our life.

Even if they won't, this will still create a wall between Mark and Rose. Regardless, Rose is still Mark's ex girlfriend. And it seems that Al once betrayed Mark presumably by stealing Mae from him. So once Al turned his eyes to Rose or vice versa, Mark will feel at least slightly bitter about it which will reduce the chance of him and Rose getting together.

I could just think of something to deal with Mae by then.

“Al was with us. He was with you fighting those guys.”

“Stop! Don't mention that guy! You're ruining my day.”

Oh.

It seems that this will be harder than I thought. It looks like she hates him as well. Then I'll just focus on making Al fall for her.

Yahho~ We're all good to go!”

Another person is here. She's the PIO of our SSG. She's also one of Mark's ex girlfriends. She's Mary Angeline.

At first I felt threatened by her because of her amiable interaction and intimacy with Mark. But I later on realized that it's just her personality to be friendly. And I also noticed that she's pretty loyal to her current boyfriend.

“Hello Mary.”

“Hello!”

“Hi Eliza-san. And hi to you as well Rose. But why do you look upset?”

“She's mad at Mark.”

“Eh? Why? Tell me quickly!”

“Humph! That guy cowardly hid behind us ladies while we fought those scummy rapists!”

“Oh. Eh? Wait what? What do you mean by ‘fought’? And ‘rapists’?! That's heavy! Say it quickly!”

“Are you the reincarnation of a gossiping ghost?! Humph. Ask Elizabeth about it.”

Mary turned her bright eyes to me.

“We got into a fight while we're on our way home yesterday. We encountered an attempted rape which victim turned out to be Al's twin sister.”

“Al? Oh him. Al has a twin? Wow~! That's news to me! And she was lucky that you were there huh. I wish I was there as well. Anyway, what happened then?”

“Three out of four fought Al and Rose while the other one who was apparently their leader stood aside. The three of them are armed but Al and Rose defeated them all.”

“Stop! What do you mean by that? You're the one who knocked out the two of them! While I knocked the other! So don't give me the credit for something I didn't do. Al is the only one who didn't defeated anyone though. Such a weakling!”

“Ehhh~! Eliza-san also fought? I remember that Mae-chan was with you as well so did she also fight?”

“No. She's weak so she just watched.”

Don't put her to the same level as me.

“Yeah. She only supported that weakling's twin!”

“Eh I see. But fuu~ Good thing none of you got hurt.”

Al did.

“I hate to admit it but it's because Elizabeth saved me twice. Or else I either got smacked to the head or gotten shot! But humph! I can actually handle it myself.”

“Wait wait wait! A gun?! That sounds dangerous Rose-chan! Good thing Eliza-san was there together with you. You're so impressive Eliza-san!”

Mary raises a thumbs up for me.

“I wasn't actually the one that saved her— or rather ‘us’ from being shot.”

“What do you mean? Did Al saved you?”

““No!””

Rose and I shout at the same time causing Mary to be flustered.

“Uh.. um.. oum! Okay.”

“Humph! That weakling was defeated and utterly useless!”

“It wasn't Al that saved us Mary. It was Mark!”

“Ohhhh~ That's impressive! Mark-kun became a knight-in-shining-armor. How romantic! I should praise him later.”

“‘Impressive’ you say? What a great joke!”

“Eh? Why are you mad?”

“Duh! Mark was there all along yet he just left us all by ourselves.”

“Ehhhhh~?! Mark-kun wouldn't do that.”

“Oh well he would and he did. Such a cowardly bastard. Humph!”

Tch!

“Shut up Rose! He isn't a coward. He just trusted us! Remember that he still saved you regardless.”

“Why are you shouting at me?! Stop defending him. We almost died you know! And don't make it sounds like I'm being ungrateful!”

“I never said that you're being ungrateful. Just stop badmouthing him. And I'm sure Mark knows what he has been doing. The situation is under his control.”

“Humph!”

“Uh... err... Rose-chan, I think Mark just really trusted your abilities.”

Rose ignores us. She turns her head to look out of the window.

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIING~!*

“Oh. Flag ceremony is about to start. We should go. It's time.”

“Humph! We've waited for too long.”

“But it was only for few minutes though... Uh... Anyway, good luck Eliza-san!”

Fuu~ It's finally time. Please watch me sing, Mark.

19