Chapter 008: What’s The Deal With You? PART 1
347 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To Replace Me


Sniff...”

You really lied to me.

What's the deal with you? Why would you hurt me like this?

I'm much better than her... aren't I? So why would you choose her?

You said I'm beautiful. You said I'm reliable... You said... You said... You...

“....sniff...”

So what if I'm more beautiful, more reliable or much better than that bitch?

It doesn't mean anything if she is what you want.

Perhaps I'm not actually better than her. I'm just fooling myself.

But why would that still matter?

Whether I'm fooling myself or not, it doesn't mean anything. It's pointless.

You don't want me anymore.

She's the one you wanted. So no matter what am I.. or.. or o-or what I do... It's pointless.

Because I'm no longer wanted.

No matter how good I am, I am replaceable. You can replace me anytime you want.

If you want someone to fight by your side, you have many replacement for me.

If you want... If you want...

“Sniff... You don't want me anymore...”

I keep saying that Mae is worst than I am. That I am better.

But so what?

So what I'm a better fighter? So what if I am..

It's meaningless if it's not me you wanted.

She's trash but she's the one you wanted. What can I do?!

I can't do anything.... I can't. I just can't..

“Hic... Hic! Sniff.. sniff..”

It was good when she wasn't here. But now that she's back, you will obviously choose to be with her.

You want her more than you want me.

She's your first love after all.

It's all pointless. I am giving up.

I cannot be with you anymore. We can't be together if you don't want me anymore.

That will just be toxic. You'll just... We're just both going get hurt.

I should let you go.

I should...

I..

But it huuurts....

Sniff...”

I wipe the the blood off my lips and chin.

That's right..!

I just can't leave you.

I just can't leave you with just anyone.

If you're going to replace me, you need to be with someone that will be good for you.

Mae... Grr.

“NO! That's not right... So what if you want her... You can't just let yourself be hurt just because you want her... She is a trash. She'll just betray you.. again... I can't leave you with her... You need someone better...”

Mae is a traitor!

That bitch is adulterous... She's disloyal.

She'll just hurt you. You can't be with her!

I won't allow that. I hate her... I hate her... I hate her. I HATE HER!

Someone is better than her. Anybody but that bitch!!

I can find someone better...  B-But who..?

Who is it?

Rose?

No... She have a harsh personality. She is always trying to hurt Mark.

Mary?

She said she betrayed him once. She isn't right the right one either.

The SSG president?

But there's something weird with her. I can't trust her. She might be planning something.

Who else?

Who? Who? Who?!

Who... Who can replace me?!

“......................................................!!”

Ma'am Iris!

Is she good?

Iris M. Pallida— 27 years old.

She's beautiful with her silver long hair and ice blue eyes; Smooth porcelain skin; slender but curvy body with presumably D cup bust size.

In terms of appearance, she's beautiful and attractive.

In terms of personality, it's acceptable. Although she's aloof and cold but Mark can deal with it.

And I have a feeling that's not her true self.

She's cold and it's hard to get close with her. So if Mark managed to make her fall for him, she'll be loyal.

No one can approach her easily.

Ma'am Iris is also a reliable person and she has small influence as a teacher which could prove to be useful at some point.

Her physique seems to be fit for a combat as well. The agile type I guess. She'll be useful if trained properly.

Overall, ma'am Iris is so far the best isn't it?

“................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................”

I see.

I've decided.

I'll make ma'am Iris as my replacement.

“What are you doing up in here?”

“!!”

Why are you here?

“Why are you all alone up in here Eli-chan? It's already noon so I'm sure it's pretty hot in this place.”

“.........”

That got nothing to do with you. So just leave me alone.

*Whooosh~*

“Oh I think I get it.”

You don't know anything.

“.........”

“Is it because of the breeze. Fumufumu. The sun's love is too hot but the cool breeze balances it out. Pretty comfortable isn't it?”

“.........”

“Eli-chan. I apologize alright? You're making me worry with you acting like this.”

Liar.

“Let's talk.”

Stop. Leave me alone already! I don't want to talk to you.

I hate you very much.

“Fufufufu. We should go because Lyn and everyone is waiting for us.”

No.

He pulls me up but I tighten my muscles. Mark didn't stop but increases his strength instead so we have a little struggle going on.

But in the end, he only managed to lift me up slightly.

“Oh hell. Did you got tired walking upstairs? Then leave it to me.”

Eh?

Before I can understand what he meant by that, I am already looking at the bright blue sky.

I can no longer feel the hardness of the concrete wall going against my butt. I cannot feel the coldness of the wall against my back as well.

The floor was replaced by two arms holding me tightly. And the cold wall became warm. And the hard muscles underneath his soft skin gives me a comfortable feeling.

But I....

No! Put me down!

I wave my legs squirming in his embrace.

“Grrrrt...”

Put me down! Let go of me!

But he didn't. Instead, he started walking downstairs!

No! I don't want to go with you.

I punch his chin.

He dodges easily.

I punch again. Stronger and harder this time.

Yet Mark is evading all of them. He's even doing it with minimum effort. He makes it look so easy.

This is frustrating!

“You know Eli-chan. My best features are my reflexes and instincts. I honed them since I was young. Because they're the best way to protect myself from any threat and harm. No matter how powerful or devastating an attack is, it's meaningless if it can't hit me.”

He's right.

You're right.

You're stronger than me.

That's why I can't do anything if I'm not what you wanted. I have no worth in me I can offer to make you choose me.

Hic..”

“Are you crying?”

“!”

“Hey.”

“I-I am not..”

“Hmmmm.”

“Are you still mad at me?”

“................”

“I didn't lie Eli-chan. Ma'am Iris really ask me to—”

“Put me down.”

“................”

Mark and I are silent. No one is speaking nor moving.

I wonder what's going on inside his head. Do I exist there?

“Hmmmm. Alright. But don't run away. Lyn and the rest are waiting.”

“................”

He puts me down after I nodded at him.

“Let's go.”

—At the canteen.

“Mark~ You're slow!”

“Good morning Mark.”

“Hello Mark-kun.”

“Yahho~ Mark-kun~~”

“Humph! Do you think you're a VIP or something? How dare you make me wait!”

“My bad.”

“Anyway, have a seat and eat. It's my treat today!”

Mark pulled me to sit by his side.

“This place is pretty silent. I didn't know there's a building like this in our school.”

“Why wouldn't you know? You're a Camhigh student since you were in grade seven right?”

“Despite my appearance, I'm actually a busy person.”

“Busy for what? You're just an average student.”

“We average people also has things to be busy with.”

Liar.

“Heh. Anyway, aren't you gonna introduce me?”

“Knowing your personality, I'm sure you already did that beforehand Lyn.”

Mary hugged Lyn's arm.

“Exactly Mark-kun. We're already close friends you know~”

“Do it anyway.”

“Very well. Everyone, this is Lyn. She's Al's twin sister.”

“Hey hey! I'm ‘Lyn D. Ellcrín’! Just call me Lyn hahahaha!”

“You sure are energetic. Anyhow, Lyn, that golden cow girl over there is Rose. She's a rich—”

“Mark! Who are you calling a cow girl’!”

“Be mindful of your voice Rose. This place has few customers so you're voice is too audible.”

“Huh?! Don't lecture me. And you haven't answered my question yet!”

“Oh hell Rose. I'm sorry but we're both taken.”

“Huh??? Ah! How dare you!”

“It isn't? Aren't you just misremembering things?”

“Shut up! Who would want to be with you?!”

“Eli-chan at the very least does.”

But you don't want me.

Uwaa~ You're group seems to be always having fun Mark.”

“You're so accurate with your judgement Lyn.”

“Do we look like we're having fun?! Humph!”

“Fufufufu~ Next.”

Mark pulls me closer to him. He caught me off guard.

“This is Elizabeth. She's my pretty and strong girlfriend.”

“.........”

“““““................”””””

“Why are you all looking at me like that?”

“Because you look like a thug who is forcing a girl to be his girlfriend. Look at your girlfriend's repulsed look.”

Ehh~ Oh hell. What do you mean by that Al? There's a reason why she's behaving like this.”

“What reason? Did your love potion finally lost it's potency?”

“Oh hey Rose. What's that supposed to mean?”

“Rose-chan, I think we both know the reason.”

“Huh? Mary? What are you talking about?— Oh. Ah. Humph!”

“What? What? Share it as well.”

“I'm sorry Lyn-chan.. but I don't think it's something we could share.”

“Tell me Mary! I thought we're already good friends. Hey Mae! Convince them as well. We shouldn't be left out!”

“Lyn, that's inappropriate.”

“It's not like we'll spread it.”

“Don't worry Lyn. I also don't what they're talking about. Anyway, Eli-chan and I are good.”

I want to leave already.

I have returned to revise again. I hope it doesn't cause that much confusion. Have fun.

15