Chapter 009: How To Catch Eli-chan? PART 2
290 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Putting The Right Person To The Right Place


I wait for the rest of our group to settle down.

“Alright. Let's start now. What topic did we received from ma'am?”

“Ma'am told us to research everything we can about society, it's structure, norms, and—”

“Wait wait wait! Why are we starting already? Miss Hecate isn't even here yet.”

A fellow group member raised her hand to tell us about the topic we received from granny but she got cut off by another group mate.

“She left. Jeremy replaced her.”

“What?! Why?”

“Hey don't shout. And what's the problem with not having miss Hecate?”

“Well of course he wants to take that chance to talk to her.”

Me too.

“So what?! All boys wanted to do that anyway.”

All boys huh...

“Pathetic.” Jeremy scorns.

“Huh? What's your problem Jeremy? I know you're her friend giving you chances to talk to her anytime but you're not entitled to look down on me because of it. You're just a sucker!”

They never had a real conversation.

“That's why you are pathetic you fucking idiot. And aren't you overestimating yourself? You don't stand chance at all!”

“I'm not an idiot. What's wrong with you anyway?!”

So hotheaded... Are they gonna fight?

“Hmmp. It's because you disgust me. All of you still chasing after her even though she's already his.”

Why are you pointing at me? Stop it Jeremy. Don't make this worst.

“Fuck you! Who said Reverren already has her? Aren't you the one overestimating yourself? A loser like him?”

Hey.

“Fuck you! Don't call him like that!”

“Shut up Jeremy! So what if you're close with her huh, Reverren?! You haven't won yet you stupid loser. Don't kid yourself it's disgusting!”

Why are you targeting me now? I was not even getting involve with you two.

“You bastard! Take that back.”

“Make me!”

“Alright stop that. You're getting noisier.”

Don't they know ma'am already noticed us. Even if the room is pretty noisy, they're so loud their voices are distinct.

And our fellow group members are not even doing anything. They are either just watching or busying themselves with their phone.

Only few looks rather disturbed.

“What's going on group four? You're too loud.”

I stand up facing the teacher.

“We're just having heated discussion po ma'am.”

“Really? Who's your leader?”

“Me.”

“What? When did you become—”

“““Shhh....”””

The guy arguing with Jeremy tried to complain but got hushed by our other groupmates.

“It's you again. You always cause trouble don't you, Reverren? You better manage your group properly or I'll subtract this behavior from your score.”

She really carry a grudge against me.

“Will do po ma'am fufufu.”

I sit back. She looks busy and have no time to spare dwelling on this. If it's the usual, I wonder if she'll use up the whole session roasting us?

“When did you become our leader Reverren?”

He is complaining again but at least he's trying to whisper this time.

“What? Do you have a problem with that?”

“Shut up! It should be miss Hecate.”

What's with the obsession her?

“Alright be silent. Do you want our points to get deducted?”

“Tch.”

“Very well. I think that our manila paper won't be enough though. And to be more efficient we will have two writers so we need another pentel pen. That's probably around twenty pesos. So let's divide the cost among us.”

“No need. I'll pay for the materials. And I'll buy it as well. I don't want to stay here with you any longer.”

“You're unneeded anyway.”

“Fuck you.”

“Mark, don't include him in the list of our group members. How dare he not help and just buy materials?”

“What the fuck Jeremy? I'm trying to ignore you yet you motherfucker just won't stop.”

“Don't you dare involve my mother here!”

“That's enough. Anyway, hurry up and purchase what we need. That will be your contribution.”

He left immediately.

“Mark-kun—”

“It's fine Jeremy. Besides he's already angry.”

“Wait. You don't need to be afraid of him. I am here anyway!”

“I am not afraid. This kind of task doesn't require too much manpower. So doing trifle jobs could count as a contribution as well. Besides, forcing them to help will not really help that much especially when they're against it— They will not be putting any effort at all. It might even be meaningless and harmful. I'm simply putting the right person to the right places Jeremy.”

“What if the others also just choose use their money for their contribution because of this?”

“We don't need money anymore fufufufu. The materials are already enough including what's currently being bought. And you know what, money is an integral part of a person's capability too. So it's naturally a contribution as well— If it's needed and helpful of course. Otherwise, it's meaningless. As I said, it's just putting the right people or things to the right places.”

“...........”

“Besides, our classmates doesn't seem to care, right?”

Our groupmates nod at my rhetorical question and some are even giggling.

Well some of them just needed to write or clean the workplace. They won't need to waste money or too much effort in that case.

“Alright. Let's start now. You cute little e-girl, please research this things I wrote. Make sure that you write makes sense okay?”

I give a task to the girl stuck on her phone since earlier.

“Who are you calling an ‘e-girl’? But alright boss!”

“Fufufu. Jeremy, you should research as well. We'll cross reference your findings later.”

“Oh okay Mark-kun.”

“And you......”

I assign jobs to my fellow groupmates.

Because of what happened just few seconds ago, our group might look like a mess. But it's fairly better than some of the other groups.

There's a sucker in other groups wanting everyone to do however she wanted it. But the way she sounds is quite condescending pissing the other members off.

And because they won't cooperate, she'll do all the tasks herself working like a self-sacrificing hero and will refuse the help of others.

But this usually ends up with her blaming the rest for not cooperating and starts crying.

But good thing Mary is finally back from the restroom and now she could take on the job of being a leader of their group.

There's also someone in her group who is just sitting there in silence merely nodding to anything she says. But in truth, he's doing nothing helpful at all.

It's meaningless and just for a show.

But Mary knows of this so she tries to give him and her other troublesome members with small tasks so that they somehow have contributions.

She's really kind.

In Mae-chan's group, the members are obviously uncaring once they are done with their assigned jobs.

It's like saying, ‘I already contributed so the rest is all on you guys’. They don't care about the overall condition of the group at all. They are very complacent.

Well, Mae-chan is calm and elegant after all. So they probably take her for granted thinking she could do the job herself.

She doesn't look troubled by this though. Well, this is just a simple matter after all.

How about the group of Rose?

Well, they're ‘united’.

Somewhat.

Rose is pretty much scaring them after all. Scolding them harshly and even if they try to fight back, they just receives more harsh nagging.

It could be expected that this will make her groupmates rebellious. But they are not doing so.

At least in the surface. She just really know what to do and say to make them work under pressure.

Rose is doing this pretty well doesn't she? No wait. This is innate for her.

Besides, Rose is well known in our class. Given that she is a wealthy and admirable woman.

How about in Eli-chan's group?

They're the one truly united. If Rose's group is ruled by fear, Eli-chan's group is ruled by ‘love’. And the one that unite her group together is Eli-chan herself.

Her group members— boys and girls alike are all enthusiastic about this. They're even fighting for who gets the most important jobs.

All she does is simply sit there and decide.

Her group is really contrasting to the rest in the class. Her members are all willing to do the work for her.

Eli-chan's influence is actually not an insignificant thing huh. I can't believe I haven't noticed this after so long.

Looking at all of this, although I'm sure there are other factors involve, the most likely reason a group is not united is because of the differences in desires and motivations.

With our current situation, some members desires to have a good grade— or some just doesn't want to fail, so they would obviously do something for it even without being told or force.

But some doesn't. Because for them, that's not what they desire— consciously at least.

Most students are actually just studying for no reason but because they need to study. That's what they grew up on.

They have no desire about it themselves. Although this desire eventually comes later on.... or perhaps not.

So they are mostly indifferent about studying and doesn't take it seriously. But they usually starts to care once they're about to fail or something.

However, failing is most likely not the reason why they will care.

Perhaps it's not to face their parent's wrath or they finally became aware of their own future.

If they anger their parents, they could lose their phone or something. And this conflicts with their desire of having a phone for whatever reason— flirting I guess.

So they will then be motivated to do something just not to fail. Because it starts to affect their desire— it starts to affect them.

But you know what.... they're usually too late to do anything about it fufufufu. And this is one of the things in life I find amusing.

On that note, if I want to catch Eli-chan, I can lure her. The bait will be mom's invitation. I know she wants to get on the good side of mother.

If only I can inform her about it though. But same problem, how am I gonna do that?

13